View Full Version : ebay sellling question

Orenthal James
03-11-2006, 03:34 PM
im selling my trumpet on ebay using my friend account cause he's got good feedback.

is it a bad idea to write 'buyer pays for his/her preferred method of shipping' at the bottom, or should i dictate the shipping method. what is the proper protocol for determmining the shipping method/cost.

shannon
03-11-2006, 03:46 PM
instead of dictating the shipping method, just select "Calculate Shipping"...then, it will automatically calculate the shipping based on where the buyer is from, so you dont get screwed over...but if you want to make a couple of more bucks, call the post office, find out what it would cost to ship it to the furthest point, then charge a couple bucks over that amount

Orenthal James
03-11-2006, 03:48 PM
instead of dictating the shipping method, just select "Calculate Shipping"...then, it will automatically calculate the shipping based on where the buyer is from, so you dont get screwed over...but if you want to make a couple of more bucks, call the post office, find out what it would cost to ship it to the furthest point, then charge a couple bucks over that amount
when i used to buy shit on ebay a lot, it would piss me off when the postage was less than what i paid for it.

shannon
03-11-2006, 03:50 PM
i agree...but, everyone goes that route for the most part

personally, i would just do the calculate shipping method, because its really not worth it to call the post office and figure it out that way

bornentertainer
03-11-2006, 03:54 PM

that's pretty fucked up

I'd also recommend just calculating the shipping

shannon
03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah, i think everything i have ever bought on ebay, the price for shipping that i was charged was WAY over what i should have actually paid...its not worth it to do that because sometimes, if someone notices that, they will give you bad feedback because of it...then you wont sell shiiiit.

Orenthal James
03-11-2006, 04:12 PM
USPS is a pretty great shipping service. For a government program, it's pretty efficient.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7397947077

wally
03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
they're not really a government program

Dead
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I really hate it when someone tells me straight out by email that yes it costs them exactly $8 to ship so they can't go any lower, then I receive the package and it says $1.78.

pale blue eyes
03-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I had someone do that and (after getting positive feedback of course) emailed him about why he charged me an extra $6 for shipping. I didn't expect an email back but he did and claimed it was for gas money to drive to the post office. Fucking idiot.