View Full Version : Has anyone seen Red Eye or read the latest Spider-Man story arc?

Dead
03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I wanna talk about them! I have complaints!!

ziggy gaydust
03-01-2006, 11:16 PM
i seen the red eye and its sick but sweet

wally
dead's post count is a palindrome

wally
not anymore

ziggy gaydust
03-01-2006, 11:17 PM
when you board do it with some nuts bitch

wally
03-01-2006, 11:20 PM
thanks for the tip

Dead
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
*****************SPOILER******************

THis is my Red Eye complaint. The basic idea of this movie was sort of like Girl Power and how she wasn't going to let this guy keep her down and she took it upon herself to fight back and save everyone and be strong and go in search of this guy through the house trying to kill him instead of being a sissy girl and crying or running away.. and it was really cool..

And then in the end she had to have her dad rescue her by shooting the badguy. I felt like it totally undid and reversed all of the girl power she had been demonstrating for the entire movie. It kind of ruined the movie for me. I had really enjoyed it up til that point.

neopryn
03-01-2006, 11:22 PM
OJ saw red eye and hated it

Dead
03-01-2006, 11:24 PM
My Spider-Man complaint is similar but I'm not gonna go into it if nobody has read the comics.

Junebug
03-01-2006, 11:43 PM
SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY ALERT FOR RED EYE:

I hated it how every time the bad guy was about to kill/hit someone, the other person would go "hey" and the bad guy would turn around and get whacked. It was so silly. "Hey". It must have happened at least four times. Did anyone else notice this?

Dead
03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
When?

Ugly
03-02-2006, 01:17 AM
I thought Red Eye was a super awesome movie for an hour. Everything after the plane lands is complete rubbish, though. Should have ended the movie with the scene with the pen.

As for Spidey - the USM arc didn't tie in fully with the game (but it tried, still good, anyway), and I heard The Other sucked (haven't read it, though)

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm talking about The Other.

Ugly
03-02-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm talking about The Other.

is this about MJ's arm? JMS explained it in his most recent comic (that Iron Man, can heal bones real quick). Just drop the question on me, I'll probably know it, been spoilin' it up.

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:33 AM
No, not the arm. I did read the explanation because I read that issue before I read The Other. When I read The Other I felt like that was a continuity error and they just tried to cover it up later.

My complaint is with the latest Amazing, I guess its 529? Throughout the entire 12 issue The Other.. The basic idea that they got across, the moral of the story or lesson Peter learned, whatever.. was that he needs to embrace the spider side and explore his new spider abilities that he never had before like shooting spikes out of his wrists or seeing in the dark. So the entire point of the series was basically relating to that, explore himself further. Then in the latest issue they don't even mention anything about that at all and the entire issue is focused on him trying out all his new technological abilities with his new suit. It seems to go against everything the last 12 issues were about. Kind of like my Red Eye complaint.

There were some other issues with the story that didn't make a lot of sense to me but I tried to ignore them. Also, some entire issues of the 12 parts were totally based on unrelated things to the other storyline, like spidey going on a stupid trip with MJ and May wearing iron man suits and going back in time to spy on peter's parents. And they were jamming in so many guest characters for no good reason, ugh. When I read these issues I couldn't imagine paying almost $5 to read such a stupid story which some also had crappy writing too. But my main issue is with that new suit thing.

Ugly
03-02-2006, 01:41 AM
I think the Iron Spidey suit is meant to reinforce his new powers that he got from The Other. Also, it'll lead into Civil War in about 2 months when Pete picks a side. I'm thinking of picking up the oversized HC of the Other, but I've heard so many baddddddd things about it.

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:42 AM
The new issue totally ignored his new other powers. It was strictly about his new suit's powers. I thought it totally undid everything the other was about. I also can't believe they spent 4 months on this storyline which they could have wrapped up in about 8 issues.

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Another thing that didn't bother me too much at the time but now that I think about it is kind of stupid.. he has this thing now where he can shoot huge 3 foot spikes out of his wrists.. and they even mention that spiders don't have this ability, and then the spider half of him which is some kind of creature made up of tiny spiders, it says that spiders in the future might develop this ability so that's why he has it. I think it's cool that he can have new things like seeing in the dark or enhanced spider sense.. but shooting 3 foot spikes out of your wrists is dumb.

If they haven't done this in the comics yet (I haven't read the non-ultimate ones for a long time) they should have him develop organic webs like in the movie.

Future Boy
03-02-2006, 02:41 AM
And they should shoot outta his ass!

Ugly
03-02-2006, 02:43 AM
If they haven't done this in the comics yet (I haven't read the non-ultimate ones for a long time) they should have him develop organic webs like in the movie.

Non-Ultimate Parker has been doing the Organic Webshooter thing for bout over a year now.

Nimrod's Son
03-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Comic books are $5 each now?

No wonder they're almost bankrupt.

Ugly
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Comic books are $5 each now?

No wonder they're almost bankrupt.

Candian dollars, and that's only the shit like "Infinite Crisis" that DC is jacking up the price because they're assholes. An issue of USM goes for $2.50 US

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Non-Ultimate Parker has been doing the Organic Webshooter thing for bout over a year now.
Awesome, I have to find out what comic where he developed this power. I have them all on my computer.

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm always seeing comics for like $4.50. Maybe some are cheaper but a lot aren't very cheap. All of these spidey comics I'm talking about are 4.25 + 15% tax = $4.89 x 12 for this story arc = $58.65. Holy shit.

Dead
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
These issues are 2.99 US which = 3.38 CAD. Man we're getting screwed on the canadian cover price.

Orenthal James
03-02-2006, 01:47 PM
OJ saw red eye and hated it
this is the truth.

Red Eye was terrible.

Ugly
03-02-2006, 01:58 PM
These issues are 2.99 US which = 3.38 CAD. Man we're getting screwed on the canadian cover price.

Yeah, Mavel seems to always be teetering on the edge of Bankruptcy, so they're dragging their feet when it comes to changing the exchange rate. I picked up a Captain America trade that cost 16 bucks US and cost me 27 dollrah.

Dead
03-02-2006, 02:04 PM
What a ripoff. I'm glad I quit comics back in 1992.

laradelocke
03-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Red Eye was one of the funniest films of the last year. Cillian Murphy is a fucking faghag who likes to be 'seen' outside The George which is the biggest gaybar in Dublin. He's laughable at best. I nearly peed myself when he wrapped that scarf around his neck and looked like he was in falloutboy or something. gUH

Nimrod's Son
03-02-2006, 03:33 PM
lol @ 15% tax