View Full Version : Billy Corgan has more MySpace friends than the Foo Fighters

placebo_halo
03-01-2006, 12:56 AM
66,681 Vs. 61,884

Quite interesting all things considered.

..or maybe I am confusing interesting with boring.

that is all

sp4ever
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
and eminem and 50 cent

blueEyez6489
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
...and me

wounded
03-01-2006, 10:45 PM
billy won't add me as his friend

Sonic Johnny
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
attn: placebo halo

you have the worst name on this board.

placebo_halo
03-01-2006, 10:52 PM
attn: placebo halo

you have the worst name on this board.

What an honor! thanks buster! :D

solacematt
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
i have no respect for the foo fighters anymore, or at least for taylor hawkins since i heard he slagged billy in an interview recently. so go billy, and fuck you ff.
-matt

Mablak
03-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Grohl only bothers to come up with lyrics right before they do their songs, and he disses Billy... tsk tsk.

blueEyez6489
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
billy won't add me as his friend

because he hates you...

and what negative things does the foo have to say about the bolly?

TIMb
03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
and what negative things does the foo have to say about the bolly?

something about him not letting iha put songs on any records. there's a thread about it here somewhere.

Ugly
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
"In Your Honour" not only destroys "The Future Embrace", it rips the later's head off, pulls out its spine, and holds the spine up for all the world to experience the Pure Ownage.

mv2007
03-02-2006, 03:10 PM
"In Your Honour" not only destroys "The Future Embrace", it rips the later's head off, pulls out its spine, and holds the spine up for all the world to experience the Pure Ownage.

Funny. Grohl is really one of the most consistent songwriters around. Even if you don't like the Foos, you gotta admit that Dave's always putting out solid, though not groundbreaking, music. I just like the fact that he enjoys himself & doesn't take being a rock star too seriously.

douglas78
03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
i liked him better in nirvana..

Kahlo
03-02-2006, 04:06 PM

you must be joking! that record was absolute dross. Dave Grohl has lost whatever talent he had... The Future embrace must have been played by mself 100's of times. I think I gave up on the Foos record after a few weeks, its pretty sub standard.

Kahlo
03-02-2006, 04:43 PM
sorry, i missed that!

What was the Dave Grohl diss of Corgan? (aside from covering BWBW many years ago in a sarcastic manner)

Silver-bolt
03-02-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont like the recent double album, but stuff before that was good. billy has more talent

Junebug
03-02-2006, 06:22 PM
the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best, of you.

real solid.

and she knows she knows she knows and she knows she knows she knows she knows she knows .

Kahlo
03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
hmm, that was Gish, IYH is now. Its sad Grohl is so far behind billy in song writing...

silverfrick
03-02-2006, 06:39 PM
and she knows she knows she knows and she knows she knows she knows she knows she knows .

She knows > The best

Good for Dave. He is still making his money even if its off of creating music catered towards sports highlight clips.

douglas78
03-02-2006, 07:29 PM
fuck dave grohl. i'm tired of looking at his teeth.

Kahlo
03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
new poll. who has worse Teeth Billy or Dave??

shannon
03-02-2006, 07:38 PM
new poll. who has worse Teeth Billy or Dave??

Billys teeth are awesome...Daves teeth are hideous...pretty obvious

spank_thru101
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM

While TFE may have been hit and miss (or just hit/miss in some eyes) it was at least something new and interesting and pushed some boundries. In Your Honor is just another album filled with the same goddamn song...something the Foo's have been doing since their incarnation. The Foo's havent even dared to take a step off of that damn rock that they so carfully balance on and try anything new outside of the 3.5 minute cliched rock song. They are the biggest One Hit Wonder. Also Grohl writes shitty lyrics.

I will give them some credit, Everlong and My Hero are damn good and Grohl seems like one of the nicer men in the rock scene...and if Kurt liked him...

spank_thru101
03-02-2006, 08:23 PM
He is still making his money even if its off of creating music catered towards sports highlight clips.

I didn't even catch this while scrolling through the replies...LOL! You are dead on.

Tribute2JohnnyB
03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
i think i have the double album somewhere in my massive amounts of cds in my room....i don't think i even listened to it all the way through once...

spank_thru101
03-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Same here, I got it and I skimmed through it maybe twice...

Lord Lemons
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Rofl, nice location

douglas78
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
pumpkins got better. foo got worse.

Grohl got worse.

solacematt
03-03-2006, 12:07 AM
I'll admit, I bought 'In Your Honor' the day it came out...I figured might as well since I was out to pick up the new Static-X and Dark New Day albums as well, plsu it was only 9.99. I listened to it a few times and IYH is the second FF album in a row that sucks. I honestly don't know wtf is wrong with Dave Grohl that he managed to make this album not one horrid disc, but two horrid discs. And does anyone else literally get a headache from listening to IYH. I'm not kidding, there is something about it tonally, just the way that it was mixed that gives me a frickin headache.
As for Billy, you have to admit, he was one progressive, ahead of his time musician. Every disc that he releases, from Gish, to Siamese Dream, to Mellon Collie, to Adore, to Machina to TFE is completly different from his last piece of work. In a land of music where so many bands/artists just repat the same thing over and over bend over again, Billy seems to manage to progrss with every step.
-matt

Ugly
03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best,the best, the best, the best, of you.

real solid.

I'm ready. Oh, Lord, I'm ready. I'm ready, ready, ready, ready, ready, ready, ready, ready, read, ready, ready.

real progressive.

mv2007
03-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Something I just thought about & I wonder what you guys think:

Billy hasn't written a radio-friendly song in a while (for all of you that want to argue this, realistically, a new Corgan/SP/Zwan single has barely lasted on the charts for more than a few weeks since 1997-98).

Meanwhile, Grohl basically writes 2-3 radio-friendly songs per album & the rest of the album's pretty weak (at least on the last two releases).

Just throwing that out there to see what you guys think, b/c in my mind that's been the trend lately for both of these guys...

solacematt
03-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Something I just thought about & I wonder what you guys think:

Billy hasn't written a radio-friendly song in a while (for all of you that want to argue this, realistically, a new Corgan/SP/Zwan single has barely lasted on the charts for more than a few weeks since 1997-98).

Meanwhile, Grohl basically writes 2-3 radio-friendly songs per album & the rest of the album's pretty weak (at least on the last two releases).

Just throwing that out there to see what you guys think, b/c in my mind that's been the trend lately for both of these guys...

Adore had 'Ava Adore' and 'Perfect' actually was a crossover single. 'The Everlasting Gaze' was also a moderate radio hit, as was 'Stand Inside Your Love,' however I think that if nu-metal wasn't so fucking dominant the band would have dominated radio once again when Machina was released, but radio had pretty much writeen them off. 'Untitled' also got quite a bit of airplay. As for Zwan, uhm, wasn't 'Honestly' a number 1 single.

You thought that 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose and One By One had more than one 'hit single.' Wow, I think 'DOA' and the other single they released afterwards sucked, and I don't understand why so many people liked 'Low' and 'Times Like These off of the One By One album, I thought that those two were horrid as well.
There Is Nothing Left To Lose was Foo Fighters last good album. I think however that with Billy's solo album, for those who don't like it now, if they pull it out a few years later, they'll fall in love with it. Billy has always klind of been ahead of his time.
-matt

Silver-bolt
03-03-2006, 04:12 AM
honestly got to 28 here in the UK for 1 week, then it was gone

and dont forget about the foo fighters' The Last Song.

95/96 - sp -
This is the last song
This is the last song I'll sing for you
This is the last song
This is the last song I can give you

2005 - ff -
This is the last song (This is the last song)
This is the last song
That I will dedicate to you

TIMb
03-03-2006, 05:48 AM
...not one horrid disc, but two horrid discs.

yeah. it should be one cd. none of this quiet-on-one-disc-loud-on-the-other bullshit. too much filler.

Obscured & Blue
03-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Age Of Innocence is the song Dave Grohl could never write. Nuff said.

aztec litany service
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
She knows > The best

lol
i liked the first ff album. and some of the second. 3rd was ok at times. after that, meh

Junebug
03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
pumpkins got better. foo got worse.

Rhinocerous is an amazing song. Which was my point.

Obscured & Blue
03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
So is the video. I love the "D'arcy with the ping-pongball"-section. How gay! But good moment.

DaveKShape
03-03-2006, 05:20 PM
does anyone else like both foo fighters and smashing pumpkins and feel they aren't even comparable outside of the fact that they're alt-rock bands? they're totally aiming for different things. dave grohl never actually dissed billy. it was all taylor hawkins... and any "diss" coming from the foo fighters camp is all in good fun, methinks.

Vanila Coke Kid
03-03-2006, 05:22 PM
The End Is The Beginning Is The End vs. End Over End

I think IYH is a good album, but it doesn't beat TCATS and TINLTL by a long shot. Obviously Dave Grohl's not gonna exceed Billy Corgan in terms of frontmanship, but he's still good. He's made me laugh whenever I've seen him and his band do put on a good show.

But if the Pumpkins come to England, then just one SP show will beat four Foo Fighters concerts.

Vanila Coke Kid
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
And isn't it a bit ironic, Pumpkins fans criticising the Foo Fighters for releasing a double album with a heavier CD and a softer one.

Mablak
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
We're just criticizing them for releasing a double album with a crappy CD and a crappier one. Actually don't mind me, I haven't heard it ;].

Corganist
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
And isn't it a bit ironic, Pumpkins fans criticising the Foo Fighters for releasing a double album with a heavier CD and a softer one.
Um...which disc of MCIS was the softer one, the one with Jellybelly, Zero, and BWBW...or the one with TOASE, Bodies, and XYU? The one with To Forgive and Take Me Down...or the one with Stumbleline and Farewell and Goodnight?

Oh yeah, the irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

mv2007
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
does anyone else like both foo fighters and smashing pumpkins and feel they aren't even comparable outside of the fact that they're alt-rock bands? they're totally aiming for different things. dave grohl never actually dissed billy. it was all taylor hawkins... and any "diss" coming from the foo fighters camp is all in good fun, methinks.

I totally agree. I think Billy/SP have always purposefully tried to be a challenging group & push artistic boundaries. FF just write good songs, put on good shows & don't take themselves too seriously. You're right, aside from being alt-rock bands...they're in totally different camps and don't really "compete" against one another.

And as far as what Taylor Hawkins said...he's fucking right. It would be a nightmare to play in any band with Billy. He's a genius, but he's a pain in the ass & everyone knows it. Aside from Jimmy, I'd rather hang out with the guys from FF than SP any day of the week...they all just seem normal & I'd be able to have a decent conversation with them.

Vanila Coke Kid
03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL, I remember seeing a picture of James pissed off his face with Pat Smear.

dean moriaty
03-03-2006, 06:12 PM
As for Billy, you have to admit, he was one progressive, ahead of his time musician. Every disc that he releases, from Gish, to Siamese Dream, to Mellon Collie, to Adore, to Machina to TFE is completly different from his last piece of work.
-matt
what about msots?!!??!!?

Vanila Coke Kid
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I think it's pretty much established that the Pumpkins are bigger and better than the Foo Fighters.

wounded
03-05-2006, 11:01 AM
i like the foo fighters, but that second disc of in your honor all sounds the same to me

harrow
03-05-2006, 11:14 AM
I've seen the Foo live and they SUCK

Smileysays
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
i saw the foo as well, they put on a good show.
nothing huge, but enjoyable

Smileysays
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
and if it makes anybody feel any better, tila has more myspace friends than billy and the foo combined.

Shawn Osmond
03-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Grohl got worse.

Grohl is foo fighters...without him there is no band just like without billy there's not pumpkins....i bet grohole doesn't let the other foos put anything on the record either.

and exactly what Iha songs were good enough to go on Pumpkins records? I dont think Country Girl wouldve fit too well on Adore.

The Jesus
03-05-2006, 12:09 PM

Radio, radio, radio, ray-dee-ahh-oh, Radio, radio, radio, ray-dee-ahh-oh, Ray-dee-ahh-oh, ray-dee-ahh-oh, ray-deee-ohhh, ray-deee-ohhhh.