View Full Version : Matt Walker to drum for Morrissey...

Raskolnikov
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Rumor has it that Matt Walker will be playing the drums for Morrissey on his upcoming tour since his old dude scuttled off to play with Good Charlotte.

That's cool - Matt seems like a nice guy, I bet he'll have a blast, and probably won't be too rough, financially speaking... Morrissey has quite the draw.

I guess that rules out the possible surprise that Matt will be playing drums in this new incarnation of the Pumpkins... which means that we may actually indeed be looking at having TWO of the original four members back in SP 2 or whatever.

-adam

Mariner
02-28-2006, 11:55 AM
since his old dude scuttled off to play with Good Charlotte.

now there's a career move

mistle
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
i rated this thread one star

Quiet CD
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
previous drummer's thoughts: "hrmmm options... options... the moz or good charlotte, i really do want to wear eye liner and appear to be a bad ass... fuck this old bastard"

mistle
02-28-2006, 11:59 AM
i remember seeing a morrissey video and thinking his band looked like a bunch of douches and apparently i was right. i also thought morrissey looked like a douche

tcm
02-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I guess that rules out the possible surprise that Matt will be playing drums in this new incarnation of the Pumpkins... which means that we may actually indeed be looking at having TWO of the original four members back in SP 2 or whatever.
could be!!

sweter33
02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
i rated this thread one star

somehow I found this hilarious, and accurate, too :)

drossbullet
02-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Rumor has it that Matt Walker will be playing the drums for Morrissey on his upcoming tour since his old dude scuttled off to play with Good Charlotte.

That's cool - Matt seems like a nice guy, I bet he'll have a blast, and probably won't be too rough, financially speaking... Morrissey has quite the draw.

I guess that rules out the possible surprise that Matt will be playing drums in this new incarnation of the Pumpkins... which means that we may actually indeed be looking at having TWO of the original four members back in SP 2 or whatever.-adam

you do realize jimmy already has comitted to playing for the pumpkins? so that was a slightly stupid portion of your post on your part.

Raskolnikov
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
slightly stupid

Thanks for the compliment... and, yes, I did of course know that Jimmy is in.

-adam

sweetsupervixen
02-28-2006, 05:56 PM
He was the drummer when I saw Garbage.

Guglielmo
02-28-2006, 07:23 PM
slightly stupidStoopid, not stupid.

Only a few around here will get that, if any.

solacematt
02-28-2006, 11:51 PM
theres something about morissey's music that's very hypnotizing. i remember at one of my old jobs, whenever morissey would come on we all pretty much stopped what we were doing to listen. i think he puts subliminal messages in his music.
-matt

sosnumculfer
03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
vegetarianism, homosexuality, and democracy

*theory*
03-01-2006, 11:48 PM
i heard Morrisey was recently interviewed by the F.B.I. for remarks they deemed potentially harmful.

he had quite the tissy over it, as well he should.

siva6760
03-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Is Morrisey gay?

blueEyez6489
03-02-2006, 12:59 PM
you do realize jimmy already has comitted to playing for the pumpkins? so that was a slightly stupid portion of your post on your part.

pumpkins break up
billy forms zwan, jimmy agrees with billy when he says its the band hes always wanted
zwan breaks up, and billys publicly insults the other members, jimmy does the same
billy goes solo, so does jimmy
billy wants back in the pumpkins, so does jimmy

jimmy is billys bitch :o

*theory*
03-03-2006, 01:39 AM
jimmy and jon o.d. 3 times. on the last one Jon is gone. billy listens to bad advice and moves on w/out jimmy.

you know the rest of the story.

the smashing pumpkins are Jimmy's bitch.

DaveKShape
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Stoopid, not stupid.

those guys are slighty more than stoopid. i work at a rock music club, and they played here a few weeks ago. i was searching around the net for press shots from them but couldn't find anything usable because every picture contained giganto bongs and other smoking devices. we eventually just settled on putting giant black boxes over the bongs that said "CENSORED." hilarity.

seign
03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Stoopid, not stupid.

Yes because that was so very clever. :rolleyes:

On the topic at hand, I heard that Morrissey is very hard to work with. He's been known to stop whole tours just because he doesn't think his band sounds up to par. I guess Matt's a gluton for punishment.