View Full Version : Zero and Glass as alter-egos

Catherine Wheel
02-24-2006, 09:41 PM
When Billy speaks of Zero and Glass it's as if he is talking about another adjacent world. The idea of Billy having alter-egos brings to mind the theory of parallel universes where everyone has a different identity from what they are already known as. Nothing has physically changed in this multiverse. The names are the only things that are different.

In this parallel universe that Billy has conjured up The Smashing Pumpkins are not The Machines of God and Billy is Zero. Zero grows up to become Glass. I have heard of a theory where just by writing a story about a parallel universe it comes into existence.

Zero, Glass, and The Machines of God seem to have identical adventures to the Smashing Pumpkins judging from the story written about them. so I am assuming that what Billy is describing is not just a myth. It becomes it's own seperate reality.

*theory*
02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
John Wetteland believed in parallel universes. He believed there was a guy named John Wetteland in another universe not playing major league baseball and that he felt sorry for him.

i wonder what Turk Wendell might say?

Junebug
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
wow. my head hurts from thinking so deep. how do you handle it, Catherine?

Sonic Johnny
02-24-2006, 10:09 PM
i'm amazed i havent been banned from giving CW negative rep

CrabbMan
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I have heard of a theory where just by writing a story about a parallel universe it comes into existence.

I don't know about a whole 'nother universive coming into existance, but it's probably safe to say that they exist in a separate reality. But all reality is only a product of the mind. The world is a complex system of energy and matter, swirling and churning about as the physical laws of the universe. And there's some particular sub-system, all of whose particles are strictly observing these natural laws, that we decide to consider it as a single entity working independently from the rest of nature, making choices, expressing will, a character, a person. Billy Corgan is a concept in your mind; he's a concept in my mind. He's a concept in his own mind, and he concieves himself as Zero or Glass, even if half-jokingly, then he is Zero, he is Glass. When he pictures how they might see the world, when he imagines how they would feel, then those are his own thoughts and feelings, and they are just as real as his thoughts and feelings when he thinks and feels them under the heading of WPCjr.

tcm
02-24-2006, 11:34 PM
you're still the master, CW. i bow to you.

One Night Only
02-25-2006, 10:43 AM
I have heard of a theory where just by writing a story about a parallel universe it comes into existence.

Just the other day I was trying to tell somebody about this idea (though not regarding the Pumpkins) and I couldn't remember where I'd heard it. Do you recall where you heard/read it and if it's actually mentioned in any of the writing on M-theory or is part of something else?

Catherine Wheel
02-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Wikipedia

One Night Only
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Wikipedia

Shit, I probably should have thought of that.

Mariner
02-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know about a whole 'nother universive coming into existance, but it's probably safe to say that they exist in a separate reality. But all reality is only a product of the mind. The world is a complex system of energy and matter, swirling and churning about as the physical laws of the universe. And there's some particular sub-system, all of whose particles are strictly observing these natural laws, that we decide to consider it as a single entity working independently from the rest of nature, making choices, expressing will, a character, a person. Billy Corgan is a concept in your mind; he's a concept in my mind. He's a concept in his own mind, and he concieves himself as Zero or Glass, even if half-jokingly, then he is Zero, he is Glass. When he pictures how they might see the world, when he imagines how they would feel, then those are his own thoughts and feelings, and they are just as real as his thoughts and feelings when he thinks and feels them under the heading of WPCjr.

great, CW has a protege

DeviousJ
02-25-2006, 02:07 PM
great, CW has a protege

Just think, there's a parallel universe where the entire population follows his teachings

Mariner
02-25-2006, 02:27 PM
i know where i'm going on my next vacation

BumbleBeeMouth
02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
its just a different slant on the infinite universe theory.

DeviousJ
02-25-2006, 08:27 PM
its just a different slant on the infinite universe theory.

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/

Read and learn

wally
02-25-2006, 08:48 PM
great, CW has a protege
i laughed