View Full Version : oh, those silly ipods

wHATcOLOR
02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
so last night i decided to put some more songs on this fucking thing. i heard the drive spin up and then stop spinning about fifty times before i got annoyed and smashed it against my hand a few times. however, unlike previous iterations of this act, it did not fix the issue. rather, it made the drive keep spinning and made the display freeze with "charged" on the screen, and a diagram showing a battery at half power.

so i pried the pieceof shit open with a guitarpick and shook it violently. then i remembered the reset thingie and shut it off that way. well that kinda worked

so i hook it up to my machine, (the songs i'm transferring are actually on a usb hard drive also connected to the machine).

well nothing happens. yay. after like 10 minutes, however, itunes appears to recognize the ipod, but calls it INTRCHGSTRAT.. which i figured had SOMTHING to do with it being my work machine.. since that looks like a shitty abreviation for interchange stragegy.

anyhow, it starts loading the songs on, but MAD slowly. very very slowly! and it says that the ipod only has 3 gb of capacity, even though its a 40 gb thing.

so i say fuck this and go to sleep,and figure i'll chcek on it in the morning.

it finished, but the songs were no where to be found on the ipod.

i went into work and looked at all my network drives, (i've currently got 12 different network drives)..

WELL what happened is that it took a particular network drive, assigned F: on my machine, called INTRCHSTRAT and loaded the fucking songs to that drive. ugh!! so i deleted the fucking things off of that drive, disconnected then remapped that network drive, assigning it a different position, then connected my ipod, and it worked.

fuck yeah!

Karl Connor
02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
liz had to do something really ridiculous to keep her ipod working but my damaged memory capacity once again fails me

TuralyonW3
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
shoulda got a Creative Zen Touch

Zerospaced
02-14-2006, 10:12 PM
liz had to do something really ridiculous to keep her ipod working but my damaged memory capacity once again fails me

the word iPod makes me sad! I signed up for that freeipod site where you have to do an offer and get 5 others to do an offer and they send you a free ipod 30gb video black colored....i've been on it for like a year now and only 4 people out of the 50 have completed an offer. and 2 of the 4 have already gotten 5 people to do theirs and already gotten the free iPod!! But i'm stuck waiting for one more person. I would give my left testicle for an iPod! I need more friends. So please refrain from talking about iPods on this forum... thank you

neopryn
02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Mine is only 4 months old but I've never had anything resembling a problem with it. Things like this make me nervous though.

smashingjj
02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
i <3 my md player

smashingjj
02-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Mine is only 4 months old but I've never had anything resembling a problem with it. Things like this make me nervous though.
did you just discover the shift key on yr keyboard?

neopryn
02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm in a formal mood.

smashingjj
02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
this is really weird

smashingjj
02-14-2006, 10:22 PM
aka: the moment when you know you're too much sucked into netphoria