View Full Version : Video Game Topic

Dead
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm replaying Resident Evil 4 without using my chicago typewriter. The broken butterfly is pretty sweet if you max it out.

I'm thinking about buying RE Remake and RE 0, I was wondering if anyone has played those two. I know the controls are a bit sucky but are they still worth playing? I can get em for around $25 Canadian each on eBay.

WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING?!@?

PkPhuoko
01-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I'd recommend buying em if you havent played them in a while... its a nice flashback and for that cheap not bad. Though I ended up getting pissed and never finishing the game again lol

Right now I'm playing Everquest 2 Kingdom of Sky (beta) and for some reason have migrated back to Ninja Gaiden Black again

Dead
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Which game did you get pissed at? I haven't played the original RE so both of these games would be brand new to me.

PkPhuoko
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Which game did you get pissed at? I haven't played the original RE so both of these games would be brand new to me.

the original.... I had played it on PS1 ages ago and beat it so I tried it on hard and got pissed one day because I forgot to save and havent picked it up again since lol

if you havent played them it's a must

jczeroman
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm playing Rise of Nations right now. It's decent. But I feel it will eventually get old.

Dead
01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Ok I guess I'll order them right now. Thanks for the advice.

GlasgowKiss
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Im downloading fallout & fallout 2. Awesome gaming ahoy.

Assuming i can get them to work.

PkPhuoko
01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Im downloading fallout & fallout 2. Awesome gaming ahoy.

Assuming i can get them to work.

fallout tactics is one of the greatest games ever made

laradelocke
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Project Gotham Racing on sexbox360. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Mooney
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Project Gotham Racing on sexbox360. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
this, and call of duty 2 on 360.

Dead
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
I read that Resident Evil 5 is coming out for Xbox360 and PS3. I hope they make the PS3 one look better since apparently that system will be superior to Xbox.

It pissed me off a bit that they inc|uded a whole extra game in the PS2 version of RE4.

So when is the PS3 coming out in north america?

Nothing/everything
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
the occasional Call of duty 2

next to the not so occasional guild wars

laradelocke
01-25-2006, 04:07 PM
this, and call of duty 2 on 360.
What are the online features like? Haven't done that bit yet :uzi:

Mooney
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
What are the online features like? Haven't done that bit yet :uzi:
there's ctf and some other modes that i've never tried. i usually just run around like a moron getting killed in a normal dm.

there's no ranking or any stats, which is i kind of strange. although they are working on a patch for the online mode, so we will have to see what is up with that.

PkPhuoko
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
So when is the PS3 coming out in north america?

From what I can tell prob quarter 3 of 2006. The people I know at SOE are working on a launch title (think of the SOE launch for PSP and you can guess the game). Anywho it went alpha not too long ago so I'm guessing sometime in Juneish?

They're pretty tight lipped about everything right now... but all signs point to late summer early fall if the launch games are just now hitting alpha.

Dead
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
What's SOE? So the hardware has been finalized? The last time I read about it they were still developing that cell processor.

better than new
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
NHL 06 just came in the mail today... and im still waiting on C&C Generals Zero Hour (yes old but i've just gotten around to buying the upgrade)

Dead
01-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking about buying RE Remake and RE 0
Ok just ordered them, came out to $26.06 CAD each. Hope customs doesn't go after me. If they do that's gonna be another $7.82 approx assuming the seller gives the accurate value.

One time I helped my dad order this palm pilot on ebay for some major discount, it was only like $199 but the seller wrote a retail value of over $300 on the package and then they tried to screw us for over $150 in brokerage fees through UPS. Stupid sellers. I also once bought a bunch of CDs for 99 cents each but the guy didn't write any value so customs decided they were $10 each and charged tax accordingly. Stupid shit.

PkPhuoko
01-25-2006, 04:48 PM
What's SOE? So the hardware has been finalized? The last time I read about it they were still developing that cell processor.

Sony Online Entertainment

the hardware is (im guessing) finalized as they've shipped a few thousand dev kits

Dead
01-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Cool. I was thinking something like Sony of Europe but didn't think that could be accurate.

Tell me the launch title!

Dead
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Ape Escape
Wipe Out
Oh, twisted metal?
Untold Legends... bla bla bla

wangcomputers
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I've been playing Guitar Hero a lot since it was delivered to me a few days ago.
It's awesome, I'd recommend it. I'm pretty decent at it, I haven't tried it on 'hard' difficulty yet, as it uses the 5th fret button and that would entail me shifting my hand a lot, like this dude: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4266862911979111749&q=Guitar+Hero

I haven't touched RE4 since last I posted. But I'm not sure I really like it anyway. The combat is kind of sluggish and unresponsive, like you can't do quick actions to dispense your foes, which is true to how it was in the previous RE games, but it's also probably one of the reasons I never played through any of the prequels.
It's not like Devil May Cry which uses a similar dynamic, but with more freedom. I keep wanting to jump/roll to the side in RE4 yet can't. Also I keep wanting to kick a 'zombie' away, yet the option only arises when I'm at a certain proximity to it, and by then my neck's being chewed on.

I also started Dragon Quest VIII, which is ok but slow. I hear that it picks up soon, but I don't really have the time yet to see. The voiceacting is nice. The world map area is all in 3D and it can take a while getting from one area to the next.

Apart from that, there's been quite a large update in Ragnarok Online, which I'll be checking out in due course.

Dead
01-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I tried Devil May Cry 3 recently and I just didn't like it. The main thing was the annoyance of spending at least 10 minutes fighting an army of demons and then the bigger badder demon shows up and kills you and you have to start over back at square 1 and play another 10+ minutes just to get killed again. I almost beat him the 2nd time but it really turned me off. Maybe I'm being a wussy but I just didn't enjoy it.

I had played the first one in the past and it was alright but I reached a really tough boss and abandoned the game.

I love RE4 and I find it pretty responsive but I see what you're saying about lack of jumping or dodging.

wangcomputers
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
when I first tried DMC3, i felt similar; it's quite a difficult game, which is why most reviewers have suggested that people start it on easy. It just takes a while to get used to dodging to the sides as soon as you see an enemy look like it's about to attack, which it can do even if you're laying into it. That's different from most games, but after a while, (like that gamespot review says) it just 'clicks' and becomes second nature. It's worth giving it another shot. As a bonus the in-game movies are over the top and great to watch too.

noyen
01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
whats going on in this thread.

Dead
01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I gave it two tries.. I miiight give it another. At the time my separated shoulder was a little worse so I wasn't pulling off my best button mashing.

dean moriaty
01-25-2006, 06:20 PM
i haven't played anything for weeks. still part way through whichever FF game it is i started [can't remember the number] on ps and halflife 2 on x box

chris_bakewell
01-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I've Just finished Resident Evil 4 and i already feel like playing it again.......

Now playing:

Everybody's golf
Timesplitters 2 (multiplayer)
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

Future Boy
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
since apparently that system will be superior to Xbox.

Dont make me take that positive rep back.

killer_tomato
01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
fallout tactics is one of the greatest games ever made
LOL

killer_tomato
01-25-2006, 09:12 PM
oh and craig, i can help you get the fallouts to work. i'd even have burnt a dvd for you with the patched games (and a few movies to try and get you to appreciate cinema) and sent it to you

i'm playing beyond good and evil right now
and lots of pro evo 5 of course

danondorf
01-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Mega Man x Collection
Mario Kart DS (online now!)
Mario Party 7
Mortal Kombat Deception (for MK1 of course!)

Someone, play me on Mario Kart DS:399495-908723

mistle
01-26-2006, 05:38 AM
alex kidd in miracle world. a stupid fish killed me:o

chris_bakewell
01-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Someone, play me on Mario Kart DS:399495-908723

I'll play and win you later.

ChristHimself!
01-26-2006, 06:23 AM
I've not played anything for ages either.. I had bagged the xbox for going to edinburgh at the weekend and still haven't set it up again cause my pc died, so i had to set the laptop up to go online

Tchocky
01-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Right now I'm battling my way through the Via Infinitio in Final Faggotry X-2. It astonishes me how easy 99% of the battles in this game are. About the only creatures that are giving me any trouble are in this part of the game.

I don't know if I'll ever get the Perfect Ending...all this SaGa Frontier-esque B.S. is getting on my nerves...Maybe playing through it again without having to build up so much will make the experience better.

Also, it's bunk that you can't access the best dresspheres in the game unless you switch to every last sphere on the grid you're character is currently using. Even with small grids, it's a pain in the ass.

Anyway, this is what I'm playing right now....I know it's old, but oh well.