View Full Version : i think i have a sleeping disorder.

Mooney
01-23-2006, 03:42 AM
after lying in bed trying to sleep for three hours, this is the second school night in a row where i've decided to stay up all night just to make sure i can get to school for 8:30 to hand in an assignment.

do they sell over-the-counter sleeping pills?

Luke de Spa
01-23-2006, 03:44 AM
two nights in a row and you think you have a disorder?

Irridescent Fairysex
01-23-2006, 03:46 AM
that's what I understood too Lucky Day Spa

Irridescent Fairysex
01-23-2006, 03:46 AM
but I think I have a reading disorder.

Mooney
01-23-2006, 03:49 AM
well, just two nights in a row that i've decided to stay up all night. most nights i fall asleep around 3:30 or so, and my alarm goes off at 6:50a.m. it's enough sleep to function, but probably not a healthy amount.

daydreamer999
01-23-2006, 03:50 AM
i think that assumption may be correct seeing as you're barely making any sense

Mooney
01-23-2006, 03:56 AM
two nights in a row and you think you have a disorder?

well, sleep disorder is a pretty broad term. i'm sure there's some wussy disorder that might describe why it's taken me at least two hours to fall asleep every night of my life. :(

neopryn
01-23-2006, 03:57 AM
i'm thinking of doing the same. it's 3 AM, it's going to take me at least 3 hours to fall asleep once i get to bed, and i have to wake up at 10. ugh.

Irridescent Fairysex
01-23-2006, 04:03 AM
I do that only if I have to wake up really early. In your case neopryn I'd just wait until I'm really tired and then go to bed, so I can fall asleep more easily. So what I'm trying to say is that you should masturbate furiously before going to bed.

Mooney
01-23-2006, 04:03 AM
i'm going to use this thread to house my lastest PM from pastor.

Mooney, you make my penis sing a liquid song. You're a strident symphony alight with sound under the orchestra pit that is my shaven sac. Will you release me from your sonic thrall for but a bar? May we spoon in the crevices between your notes, between the wily-tendriled plaza 'tixt young Venus's rhythmically chaffing thighs? Let's tussle from sound to silence to sound, in ode to the universe's spasmodic shuffle from being into unbeing into being. Let's become pure energy just as sound becomes light to the synaesthete.

:erm :erm :erm

ZackZ
01-23-2006, 04:14 AM

You're kidding, right? There's Unisom, Nytol, and a host of other generic sleeping pills. I doubt you have a disorder, though. Sounds more like anxiety to me. I use to have terrible anxiety in high school that centered around me being worried I wouldn't be able to sleep and then I'd be really tired during class. Kind of circular reasoning, I guess.

Mooney
01-23-2006, 04:18 AM
You're kidding, right?

maybe.

Fathoms (unadored)
01-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Over the past month my ability to fall asleep has been even worse than usual. It doesn't matter how tired or untired I am, my brain makes sure that I can't function normally in the day by not letting me asleep anytime before 3:00. The worse part is all I really want to do is sleep. I'd sleep for the rest of my life if I could but the powers that be see fit to keep me lame and corrupt. Ay, this business of sleeping is the scourge of my life.

Deleted_User
01-23-2006, 04:51 AM
maybe you have restless leg syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_leg_syndrome

Deleted_User
01-23-2006, 04:54 AM
I'd sleep for the rest of my life if I could

what is your address. i will put a bullet through your head while you slumber

sosnumculfer
01-23-2006, 04:59 AM

he doesn't slumber

Fathoms (unadored)
01-23-2006, 05:00 AM

I very well couldn't sleep for the rest of my life given a state of corpus delicti, now could I? True however, sleep is the first cousin of death. But I'd scarcely consider them one and the same. Given the extrenous factors I'm going to have to decline your invitation.

Deleted_User
01-23-2006, 05:06 AM
no dude. you see. if you fall asleep and i shoot you in the head thereby ending your life. you will have slept for the rest of your life.

reminds me of a joke me pappy told me. build a man a bonfire and he will only be warm for a short while. set him ablaze, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

FearFactory
01-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I think part of my anal sphincter has descended out past my anus. now try sleeping. heh heh heh.

Fathoms (unadored)
01-23-2006, 05:23 AM
no dude. you see. if you fall asleep and i shoot you in the head thereby ending your life. you will have slept for the rest of your life.

reminds me of a joke me pappy told me. build a man a bonfire and he will only be warm for a short while. set him ablaze, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Ah-so I see... Logic to your madness! I do tend to think of life as this abstract, long-term deal paved over many decades, like a forward burning memory with variables and smeared paint rather than concrete events and meanings. Now that I've had this awakening... perhaps it would not be so bad to get shot in the head as I slept. Death itself is far less troubling than the concept of it.

FearFactory
01-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Ah-so I see... Logic to your madness! I do tend to think of life as this abstract, long-term deal paved over many decades, like a forward burning memory with variables and smeared paint rather than concrete events and meanings. Now that I've had this awakening... perhaps it would not be so bad to get shot in the head as I slept. Death itself is far less troubling than the concept of it.

why'd you post it twice?

Fathoms (unadored)
01-23-2006, 05:36 AM
why'd you post it twice?

the server may have had a make-over, but it is still a machavelian and devious entity!

FearFactory
01-23-2006, 05:40 AM
yes, it has ruined my joke. I was going to repost the exact same message, but it wouldn't allow me to!

Krazee's Ghost
01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't think this was said already, but if you're having issues...I'd suggest getting Melatonin. I'm pretty sure you can buy it over the counter. Its a lot healthier than taking sleeping pills because its a hormone your body produces to regulate sleep. I've also read that it can help your short term memory if taken regularly. Take it about a half hour before your desired bedtime (but just make sure you'll have time to get a full night's sleep)...and for the first few days you might feel a *little* groggy in the morning, but it will pass if you take it for more than just a couple days.

My Mom swears by it, I used to take it when I had problems sleeping - but now I just smoke pot. When I took it for a long period of time though, I started getting real crazy nightmares...whether or not that was related, I'm not sure. But if you're having a rough time, I'd say try this first. Also, you can get Valerian root pills over the counter...those helped me out a little bit...just make some tea and put some in there or just take the pills. They smell terrible, but that's because the plant does...but it helps you relax before bed.

Mo
01-23-2006, 11:50 AM
i haven't been able to fall asleep before 5am for the last 3 weeks - and it annoys the shit out of me. :o

PkPhuoko
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
after lying in bed trying to sleep for three hours, this is the second school night in a row where i've decided to stay up all night just to make sure i can get to school for 8:30 to hand in an assignment.

yes try somnitabs or simply tylenol PM

phaedrus
01-23-2006, 02:05 PM
sleeping drugs are evil. have sex instead. it's a much better anaesthetic. even if it's only with your hand.

neopryn
01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
i like sleeping pills but i always find it really hard to wake up in the morning so i never take them.

Mooney
01-23-2006, 02:45 PM
sleeping drugs are evil. have sex instead. it's a much better anaesthetic. even if it's only with your hand.

i thought jerking off before bed might have been what has been keeping me up.

RopeyLopey
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
i'm going to use this thread to house my lastest PM from pastor.

:erm :erm :ermhe sends you stuff like that often?

phaedrus
01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
i thought jerking off before bed might have been what has been keeping me up.
i doubt it. i'd just avoid all coffee, tea, chocolate and sugar before bedtime.

i know how you feel though. i used to suffer from insomnia all the time, but not so much lately. i think the biggest change has to be not being at my computer for hours before i go to sleep.

also, since i'm working now, i rarely ever get the chance to oversleep.

Luke de Spa
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
i didn't get to sleep until 3am last night. could i have some sort of disorder?

Mooney
01-23-2006, 05:32 PM
i didn't get to sleep until 3am last night. could i have some sort of disorder?

quite possibly!