View Full Version : I want one New Order release. Which?

Raskolnikov
01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
So... been enjoying Joy Division quite a bit lately. My friend was listening to that 2 CD New Order thing a couple of months ago, and in retrospect, I enjoyed it.

I've got "Get Ready" for the obvious reasons - we're on a SP board.

Which other release should I get? Are any of the greatest hits-y stuff sufficient, or do I have to get the whole catalog like I did (and am heartily enjoying) with Joy Division?

-adam

Illinois
01-07-2006, 08:40 PM
they're a singles band meaning the only worthwhile release as a whole is Substance 1987. As far as proper albums go, get Power Corruption and Lies. its their second album and their only solid one really

they have a bunch of other 'greatest hit' comps but always butchered versions of the original singles which are contained on Substance (the double disc). i dont recommend them

The Gaddrow
01-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Illinois
Substance 1987.

Dead
01-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Turn My Way

neopryn
01-07-2006, 09:06 PM
they're a singles band meaning the only worthwhile release as a whole is Substance 1987. As far as proper albums go, get Power Corruption and Lies. its their second album and their only solid one really

they have a bunch of other 'greatest hit' comps but always butchered versions of the original singles which are contained on Substance (the double disc). i dont recommend them pretty much exactly this.

(the best of) new order is pretty good too though, has some of their better later songs.

FearFactory
01-07-2006, 09:12 PM
whichever one sucks the most, so you don't end up having to buy 58 albums from another band you'll end up not listening to at all in 5 years.

Ensoul
01-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Brotherhood!

but they are one of those bands which compilations shouldn't be much of a problem to get into.

I'm Hardcore
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Power Corruption and Lies

i prefer this too