View Full Version : Changing Majors when you're a senior

peabody
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
It is frustrating.

Don't do it.

agenda suicide
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
my sister is a senior and has changed her major twice this year. I think... and she's about to change schools again too.
I don't understand it.

BlueStar
01-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by deathofromeo
my sister is a senior and has changed her major twice this year. I think... and she's about to change schools again too.
I don't understand it.

It's all part of her secret plan to try and stay in school forever.

mirrar
01-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

It's all part of her secret plan to try and stay in school forever. :hurl: i have a love/hate relationship with my major, but there's no way i'd change it and get stuck in school longer than i have to. i think a good sign you picked something decent is when you glance at jobs in the field and your toes curl imaginging the joy of getting to do a couple of them. bring on april, man.

agenda suicide
01-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

It's all part of her secret plan to try and stay in school forever.

haha probably, but my parents have finally decided they're not going to pay for it anymore. Took long enough.
She's supposedly going to get loans, move to Chicago, and find a job. Now I'll have a reason to go there!

Eulogy
01-05-2006, 07:59 PM
what are you switching to/from?

peabody
01-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy
what are you switching to/from?

secondary ed:history

to elementary ed: "history"

Eulogy
01-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by peabody

secondary ed:history

to elementary ed: "history"

oh yeah? why the change?

ravenguy2000
01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
School thread....

It turns out that I could piece together a degree from UCONN in Urban Studies in less than 2 years now. If I bust my ass. I'm hoping I can make it happen.

peabody
01-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

oh yeah? why the change?

i teach the 3rd grade twice a week now for 3 hours each time. ESL kids trying to learn english. it's so fun and great. i worked in a high school recently and didn't like it.

and i want to concentrate on child development and teaching...not history. it's not my place to make someone love modern south asian history. i can love that in my free time like i do. i want to teach kids to be lifelong learners and have confidence in their abilities.

peabody
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by North

i'm a senior too! we have so much in common. fall... i'll be done

I'm just a senior. i won't be done till this time next year. then student teaching. so i will be DONE done in march of 07.

pink_ribbon_scars
01-05-2006, 09:26 PM
good luck with it. i doubt you will regret it.

i added a major when i was a junior and i had to stay longer but i have to say i didn't regret it. it's worth it if it means you get to have a career you like more. i think i might make more use of my art degree than my math one, and it's nice having both. i mean, other than the fact that i feel like i'm too qualified for a shitty job and not qualified or connected enough for a great job. but that is a self-confidence issue and not an issue of education or experience.

peabody
01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
i know i'll be happier with this. it has been brewing in my mind for about 3 months. so i figured to just do it.

i had to drop all my classes and redo my schedule. now my schedule sucks in timing, but i got all the classes I need.

sigh.

Karl Connor
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
people are taking alot longer nowadays to graduate. i wish i could get that through my family's thick skull.

i'm only 23 and they act like im some 35-year-old moron who's been wanking off in college for over a decade