View Full Version : Give a general idea of what the Fender Blender sounds like.

danondorf
01-05-2006, 06:05 AM
I know SP used it, which is how I first found out about it; but I've never played one or have even been able to afford one because the vintage ones were so expensive. Now that Fender has reissued the pedal it's more in my price range.

Can someone here who has ever used/owned one give me a general idea on what they sound like? I would like to go to GC and try one out and maybe buy one, but I would appreciate some input from the Netphorian musicians around here.

ChristHimself!
01-05-2006, 06:10 AM
check this page out, it appears there is quite a range of sounds from it...

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Fender/Blender-01.html

from billy...

GW: What's the sickest pedal that you own?

CORGAN: The Fender Blender. Kevin Shields [of my Bloody Valentine] told me to get one. It's just the destructo pedal of all time. Listen to the song "Bullet" - at about two-and-a-half minutes there's a part where the key changes and it comes in all loud and thick and the speakers sound real distorty. That's that pedal. There are so many weird harmonics in the thing that if you turn it up a certain way, you get distortion beyond distortion. It makes the guitar sound almost unintelligible.

GlasgowKiss
01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
GRRRWAAHHHHHHBRRRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHHNEEEEEEEEEE

ChristHimself!
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
GRRRWAAHHHHHHBRRRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHHNEEEEEEEEEE

were you on at the catty yesterday? I asked my mate giorgos to go up and say hi to you from me, and he seemed really apprehensive about it cause he only knows you from seeing you with micus

Radiofred
01-05-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Fender/Blender_Reissue-1.html

That's a link for the reviews of the blender reissue

GlasgowKiss
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Nah i wasnt on.

Did you tell him i wouldnt bite?

GlasgowKiss
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Cos you shouldnt lie to someone like that.

Taurus
01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
warning:

delving into the Fender Blender will cause SDSD, Siamese Dream Sound Disorder. You will falsely assume a big stage and jimmy chamberlin are present and suffer from rock n' roll withdrawls.

you have been warned!