View Full Version : David Gilmour NA tour dates (not many)

Andy /
12-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Ticket presales online go live in each city at 10:AM local time, Tuesday 20 December 2005.

April 4, 2006: USA - NEW YORK
April 5, 2006: USA - NEW YORK
RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL

April 9, 2006: CANADA - TORONTO
April 10, 2006: CANADA - TORONTO
MASSEY HALL

April 12, 2006: USA - CHICAGO
April 13, 2006: USA - CHICAGO
ROSEMONT THEATRE

April 16, 2006: USA - SAN FRANCISCO
April 17, 2006: USA - SAN FRANCISCO
OAKLAND PARAMOUNT THEATRE

April 19, 2006: USA - LOS ANGELES
KODAK THEATRE

April 20, 2006: USA - LOS ANGELES
GIBSON AMPHITHEATRE

wHATcOLOR
12-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash
April 16, 2006: USA - SAN FRANCISCO
April 17, 2006: USA - SAN FRANCISCO
OAKLAND PARAMOUNT THEATRE

i hope someone tells him that venue is in oakland

distance
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Ticket presales online go live in each city at 10:AM local time, Tuesday 20 December 2005.

and ridiculously overpriced.
well, the hot seat package ($350) definitely is..
i can't justify $150 even for decent tickets.
i was interested in this, until i saw the price. i figured it would be significantly more expensive than i normally would want to spend.. but it's about twice what i'd even consider spending.
a floyd reunion i'd consider the $150 (or more), but fuck that. the waters shows were only like $40? $50?

Andy /
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, the prices are definitely insane. They'll sell out though. :/ What I'm nervous about is this- there is a month between the LA dates and his London dates in May. I have a feeling there will be more US dates based on how these sell. I'm going to both Chicago shows- if there ends up being a closer date I'm going to be pissed.

And wtf is this hot seat shit? A way to keep the beer guzzlers a few rows away, methinks.

distance
12-20-2005, 09:32 PM

And wtf is this hot seat shit? A way to keep the beer guzzlers a few rows away, methinks.

hot seat is to make people feel special i guess.
it's something like a seat guaranteed in the first 20 rows or something.. you get a copy of the cd and you get some misc other stuff -- basically junk -- for an inflated price. think of it as "official" scalping.

Luke de Spa
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
DAVID GILMOUR MORE LIKE GAY-VID DILDO-MORE AM I RITE GUYZ

Elvis The Fat Years
12-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
DAVID GILMOUR MORE LIKE GAY-VID DILDO-MORE AM I RITE GUYZ

lol

Elvis The Fat Years
12-21-2005, 03:08 PM
He's doing Floyd songs, and bringing the lighting guy who did all the Pink Floyd shows. So it should be somewhat decent.

bitey's ghost
12-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, the prices are definitely insane. They'll sell out though. :/ What I'm nervous about is this- there is a month between the LA dates and his London dates in May. I have a feeling there will be more US dates based on how these sell. I'm going to both Chicago shows- if there ends up being a closer date I'm going to be pissed.

I won't be hitting up the shows due to lack of interest in his solo work and ticket prices but let us know when you'll be in Chicago if you want and we'll hang.

Andy /
12-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Definitely.

zbeast78
12-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years
He's doing Floyd songs, and bringing the lighting guy who did all the Pink Floyd shows. So it should be somewhat decent.

i love floyd, & i definately think Gilmour put his signature on their sound... but why the hell would he turn down touring with the real band & then tour by himself & charge an arm & a leg for tickets? Everyone knows there were two songwriters of note in the history of Pink Floyd, & he ain't one of 'em. Look at floyd after Waters left, they sounded like a bad imitation pink floyd. I'll give him "wish you were here' though, great song.

Andy /
12-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by zbeast78
but why the hell would he turn down touring with the real band & then tour by himself & charge an arm & a leg for tickets?

He has no interest in putting on "Pink Floyd" shows. With a Floyd show come high costs, high planning, and high expectations. He feels no need to take that kind of burden on right now and wants to do things his way and has a solo album to promote. Call it being lazy or call it being true to himself, however you see it, he is doing what he wants, on a timeframe he wants to do it, and without the burden of the Pink Floyd name hovering over him. I don't blame him.

FYI, in addition to www.davidgilmour.com, he has a blog site at davidgilmour.musicblog.co.uk. It's been updated regularly and right now has pictures of Gilmour, Crosby & Nash, Robert Wyatt, Ged Lynch (Peter Gabriel's band), and a couple others. Should be interesting to watch as the tour gets closer.

Nimrod's Son
12-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah if he doesn't want the "pressure" of a PInk FLoyd show maybe he shouldn't charge Pink Floyd prices

He can go fuck himself