So he sounds like crap! :hurl:

Bald
12-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Villarelo
So he sounds like crap! :hurl:

OH SNAP

benjamin619
12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Neil Halstead sounds far better than James Iha. You are crazy.

A100
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
this thread is great.

PumpkinsHog2
12-15-2005, 04:54 PM
slowdive is awesome. it's the same guy who does monster movie. both are great! monster movie is the newer slowdive, kinda like a joy division/new order thing.

AlphaCentauri
12-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by PumpkinsHog2
slowdive is awesome. it's the same guy who does monster movie. both are great! monster movie is the newer slowdive, kinda like a joy division/new order thing.

it's the 3rd guitarists band, he's the one who didn't go with the mojave 3, along with one other. meh, not as good as slowdive.

yourbedhead
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
All of the slowdive cds were just reissued and 2 of the albums have full length bonus cds. Greatness..

http://www.sanctuaryrecords.co.uk/index.php?l1=3&l2=0&l3=0&rt=CA&keyword=slowdive&title=&artist=&catalogueno=&action=&searchlevel=product&labelid=&genreid=&artistid=&mediatypeid=&pricebandid=&searchsubmitted=1&page=1

PumpkinsHog2
12-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by AlphaCentauri

it's the 3rd guitarists band, he's the one who didn't go with the mojave 3, along with one other. meh, not as good as slowdive.
that's right. IMO monster movie is better though. Slowdive was/is pretty bodacious though.

AlphaCentauri
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PumpkinsHog2

that's right. IMO monster movie is better though. Slowdive was/is pretty bodacious though.

I've started listening to the monster movie stuff a bit more(kinda half assed my first few listens). the songs I love are probably some of the best songs I've heard in a while. The other ones have been meh tho. Any reccomendations of good songs? "dream about you" and "sleeping on a train" are the two that stand out out of the 10 that I have.

p.s. I think that this style, it's not really shoegaze(tho that's such a loose term anyways, is about to change mainstream music entirely all over again... Billy is teetering on the edge of this too...(as amazing as mbv is...it always lacked the capability of being appreciated by a mass of people...this stuff has that ability).

PumpkinsHog2
12-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by AlphaCentauri

I've started listening to the monster movie stuff a bit more(kinda half assed my first few listens). the songs I love are probably some of the best songs I've heard in a while. The other ones have been meh tho. Any reccomendations of good songs? "dream about you" and "sleeping on a train" are the two that stand out out of the 10 that I have.

p.s. I think that this style, it's not really shoegaze(tho that's such a loose term anyways, is about to change mainstream music entirely all over again... Billy is teetering on the edge of this too...(as amazing as mbv is...it always lacked the capability of being appreciated by a mass of people...this stuff has that ability).
they have a brand new album out... you should check their myspace, i believe it has 4 songs from the new album. as for favorite songe by them, that's a tough one. home is good, street lights is definitely my favorite. 4th and pine is good too. hell i don't know, i like most of them. definitely check out street lights though.