View Full Version : good record players?


House of Bread
12-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Mine sucks.....what are some quality turntables for under $200?

Rockin' Cherub
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
how many times did we have this thread

smashingjj
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
weekly

Nothing/everything
12-02-2005, 11:19 AM
i'm getting a second hand Thorens soon: http://www.thorens.ch

but i don't think you'll find those under 200$

pale blue eyes
12-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I have this one:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/son/PC.SON.PSLX250H.CN.JPG

It was about $130 when I purchased it. I've had no problems and it can plug right into your stereo.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Turntable-System-PS-LX250H-/sem/rpsm/oid/35910/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

smashingjj
12-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pale blue eyes
I have this one:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/son/PC.SON.PSLX250H.CN.JPG

It was about $130 when I purchased it. I've had no problems and it can plug right into your stereo.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Turntable-System-PS-LX250H-/sem/rpsm/oid/35910/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do yes this is the Netphoria standard record player. I think there are 4 people here with that thing, including me.

House of Bread
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
http://myspace-329.vo.llnwd.net/00310/92/33/310103329_l.jpg

:erm:

smashingjj
12-02-2005, 03:17 PM
what the fuck?

House of Bread
12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
yes'm?

smashingjj
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
beffen

House of Bread
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
!

Zorgon
12-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
yes this is the Netphoria standard record player. I think there are 4 people here with that thing, including me.

make that 5

Fonzie
12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
i'm getting a second hand Thorens soon: http://www.thorens.ch

but i don't think you'll find those under 200$

I got me a Thorens. TD-280Mk II which I brought second-hand off a guy I knew.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I needed to replace the drive belt, as mine was coming off. Anyhoo, I finally tracked one down (for $90!!!), and went to pick it up. I was having a chat to the guy there, who told me they just got the most recent one in. It was beautifu.

Nothing/everything
12-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Fonzie


I got me a Thorens. TD-280Mk II which I brought second-hand off a guy I knew.

this colleague of mine enjoys fixing old record players, knows an awful lot about it. He recently got this Thorens from his grandmothers (seriously, wtf). According to him i only have to spend 40 euros on it to fix it.