View Full Version : So Lost was awesome again

Orenthal James
11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
good work guys, although i am not sure why the computers are starting to receive messages now. and of course it's Walt.

great

Junebug
11-30-2005, 11:10 PM
if i started watching now, and only have a vague idea as to what is going on, can i still enjoy the series?

neopryn
11-30-2005, 11:12 PM
hey OJ i know you usually count on me to post in these threads but i had to cover a speech by paul rusesabagina tonight and the story is due tomorrow at 9:30 in the morning so i won't be able to watch it until real late tonight. sorry man.

mpp
11-30-2005, 11:13 PM
man that shit was crazy tonight

computers

who knew??

Sepiae
11-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Junebug
if i started watching now, and only have a vague idea as to what is going on, can i still enjoy the series?

Yes. There's a ton of internet sites that can catch you up. And people.

Orenthal James
11-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
hey OJ i know you usually count on me to post in these threads but i had to cover a speech by paul rusesabagina tonight and the story is due tomorrow at 9:30 in the morning so i won't be able to watch it until real late tonight. sorry man. its alright dude.

good luck with the project

sppunk
11-30-2005, 11:34 PM
It was pretty good - most people I know hate Kate.

I love her.

I wish they'd stop fucking messing with the movie though - that shit is going nowhere and they need to stop wasting all of our time on it.

Orenthal James
11-30-2005, 11:35 PM
yeah, i was disappointed that all the new footage said was: "DONT TALK TO ANYonE WITH THE COMPUTER!!" as michael is doing exactly that.

and the "incident" they speak of could mean some sort of confrontation between the others and the castaways.

but yeah, i am a big kate fan.

sppunk
11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Orenthal James
yeah, i was disappointed that all the new footage said was: "DONT TALK TO ANYonE WITH THE COMPUTER!!" as michael is doing exactly that.

and the "incident" they speak of could mean some sort of confrontation between the others and the castaways.

but yeah, i am a big kate fan. I'm reading http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showforum=708 now. Will post more when I get interesting points.

neopryn
12-01-2005, 01:58 AM
fucking christ. the tape cut out as soon as the revised film finished. who wants to fill me in on the last few minutes.

The_Ace_of_Aces
12-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Petition for a Lost board. God this show is horrendus.

neopryn
12-01-2005, 02:03 AM
there's only one thread per week, you can handle it.

Dead
12-01-2005, 02:04 AM
This episode ruled.

I don't get what the military father meant when she asked why he didnt tell and he said "because I knew you'd kill him" ?

Maybe I heard it wrong but I don't get that part.

The_Ace_of_Aces
12-01-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey Dead, what would you do if you couldn't watch TV for a year? Would you kill yourself?

Dead
12-01-2005, 02:07 AM
I wouldn't kill myself unless I was already going to anyway regardless of the TV factor... so I can't give you a straight 'No'. What would you do if you couldn't watch sports for a year?

The_Ace_of_Aces
12-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Probably same answer as you. Not a definitive no, but pretty much same line of thought.

Dead
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
I've enjoyed this exchange.

tcm
12-01-2005, 02:33 AM
fucking christ. the tape cut out as soon as the revised film finished. who wants to fill me in on the last few minutes.
Michael is inspecting the computer equipment. the computer starts beeping, but not in the usual 4-minute-warning way. Michael looks up at the timer and there's like 51 minutes left. so he's like "huh?" and walks around and peeks at the monitor. there's the prompt on the screen, and then there's:

"Hello?"

Michael's like "whoa, cool" and types "Hello?"

the response is "Who is this?"

Michael types "My name is Michael. Who is this?"

there's a bit of a delay... and then:

"Dad?"

Michael's like "....... W...?"

and that's it.

neopryn
12-01-2005, 02:35 AM
thanks man. kinda of wish i hadn't missed that.

tcm
12-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Dead
I don't get what the military father meant when she asked why he didnt tell and he said "because I knew you'd kill him" ?

Maybe I heard it wrong but I don't get that part.
you heard right. it was kind of bizarre. but he knows her well, eh? i guess she's got some serious issues that we still don't know all about.

tcm
12-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Junebug
if you started now, you'd at least get to catch up on some of this season, since there won't be any new episodes until January. i say go for it!

Dead
12-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by tcm

you heard right. it was kind of bizarre. but he knows her well, eh? i guess she's got some serious issues that we still don't know all about.
He left when she was 5. Did he think way back at the age of 5 that she would kill Wayne (i think) if she knew he was her father? Sounds strange! Maybe he meant if he told her now. Or like recently. And yeah it's bizarre that he'd know her well enough to know she would kill the guy, and then she actually did. Hmm.

Great episode! Her mom's a total bitch. And this ep explains why the bounty hunter was so dedicated to bringing her down. So did Sawyer really grab her or did she imagine that? And if she did then why was he on the floor, I guess maybe Wayne did speak through him or something. Wacky.

Dead
12-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by tcm

if you started now, you'd at least get to catch up on some of this season, since there won't be any new episodes until January. i say go for it!
Was this the last one til Jan? Lame. And no Prison Break til March. :(

Hey at least it's a new OC tomorrow!

tcm
12-01-2005, 02:57 AM
He left when she was 5. Did he think way back at the age of 5 that she would kill Wayne (i think) if she knew he was her father? Sounds strange! Maybe he meant if he told her now. Or like recently.
yeah, i got the impression that they had been in touch for at least a few years, and that he meant recently. but i don't recall if they mentioned specifics. i dunno.

So did Sawyer really grab her or did she imagine that? And if she did then why was he on the floor, I guess maybe Wayne did speak through him or something.
he could have been just babbling incoherently from sickness. maybe he was dreaming of the man he shot, echoing his words. i dunno!

Ugly
12-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Was anyone else pissed that the song that Kate put on the record player wasn't "Make Your Own Kind of Music", the same song that Desmond was listening to in the season opener?

Ugly
12-01-2005, 04:43 AM
thanks man. kinda of wish i hadn't missed that.

Yeah, you seriously missed out.

Also, we don't get any new LOST until 2006.

On the plus side? We get a full month of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT all through December and new 24 the first week of January.

Whoot = TV.

Dead
12-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
Was anyone else pissed that the song that Kate put on the record player wasn't "Make Your Own Kind of Music", the same song that Desmond was listening to in the season opener?
That would have sucked.

Ugly
12-01-2005, 04:52 AM

That would have sucked.

fuck off, why? That song rules. Its intertwined with LOST by this point it has to, you know, be played by this point.

Dead
12-01-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm not answering why right after you told me to fuck off!

tcm
12-01-2005, 05:31 AM
not at all. there looked to be a healthy selection of records in there. i'm curious to see what else they've got and who picks out what. for 7 weeks they've been deprived of any music but for Charlie's unplugged renditions of "You All Everybody", so it would be pretty insane of them to listen to the same song over and over! which just goes to show how insane Desmond is, of course! besides, the association has made the song entirely creepy. if i were Kate or Jack or Locke, i'd never want to hear that song again!

Ugly
12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/ma4utopia/nonsense/kate-cap714.jpg

Mooney
12-01-2005, 11:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/ma4utopia/nonsense/kate-cap714.jpg

kate is so hot. i want to hold her hand.

also, i have that same sony trinitron monitor. it's like six years old now.

Orenthal James
12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
hey thats pretty fucking cool

sppunk
12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Mooney

kate is so hot. i want to hold her hand.

also, i have that same sony trinitron monitor. it's like six years old now. Be careful - she might blow up your home then go pet a black horsie!!!!!!!!!!!!

neopryn
12-02-2005, 12:06 AM
yeah sppunk i read that board too and i don't get why they all hate kate. i think she's pretty cool and one of the better characters on the show.

Ugly
12-02-2005, 12:16 AM
yeah sppunk i read that board too and i don't get why they all hate kate. i think she's pretty cool and one of the better characters on the show.

cause she's a whore, what with her kissing Jack while in love with Bad Boy Sawyer and all. Big, big whore.

Dead
12-02-2005, 12:39 AM
I predict Sawyer will get a haircut. And hey that guy's in the TV! :eek:

xaphirbryan
12-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Kate is hot, end of story.

I want her.

<3

anyways i never watch that show, i feel like its to late to start watching it, even though i have the first season dvds.

Jennifer
12-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Now Boone was freakin hot.

wow I want him so bad...

too bad he died.

Dead
12-02-2005, 04:25 AM
I dug out this old VHS tape a couple months ago that I taped the series premiere of Buffy on, cause I needed blank tapes.. and at the start of this tape was a commercial for one of these party line phone #s and I remembered the commercial and the girl and then I was like whoa that girl is Kate. She's in this commercial from almost 10 years ago, she's a bit chubbier I guess. It was funny.

tcm
12-02-2005, 04:30 AM
yeah, they showed that when she was on Letterman.