View Full Version : In this Home On Ice - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Woody
11-28-2005, 07:55 AM
This is the best song I've heard all year.

phaedrus
11-28-2005, 03:54 PM
not at all.

it's good, but give it time and it'll wear off.

at the moment, i'd give the honour to Animal Collective's Banshee Beats.

Woody
11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I do figure that this euphoria stage will wear off. It's the song I've been playing most off the album for the last few days.

But these moments are what listening to music is all about... before familiarity and subsequent indifference take hold.

phaedrus
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Woody
But these moments are what listening to music is all about... before familiarity and subsequent indifference take hold.
This is true. Not always, but often. Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood is way up there for me.

Mason R Butler
12-01-2005, 03:45 AM
Hey, what's that in the distance? I think it's the hype train! Oh no, I think you may have missed it. Quick, run, you might be able to catch it!

I was hoping this shit would not catch on. For fuck's sake, The Bends isn't even that good of an album!

cowbite
12-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by phaedrus
not at all.

it's good, but give it time and it'll wear off.

at the moment, i'd give the honour to Animal Collective's Banshee Beats. I 100% agree with you. From 2:24 on, it's pure orgasm.

phaedrus
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler
Hey, what's that in the distance? I think it's the hype train! Oh no, I think you may have missed it. Quick, run, you might be able to catch it!

I was hoping this shit would not catch on. For fuck's sake, The Bends isn't even that good of an album!

Mason, shut up.

who cares if it's hyped or not? just enjoy it for what it's worth. if you just don't like it, then give us your opinion.

and The Bends was great for its time.

schaadow
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
good song, but if i had to chose from their album i'd go with "this love"

Woody
12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
That Animal Collective Banshee Beats is great so thanks for the recommendation.

I'm still enjoying CYHSY... and I haven't just heard of them, I've had some mp3's since early in the year, but only just got round to the album.

That Mason guy needs to chill out.

Rockin' Cherub
12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
this song, no, this album is magnificent. i only just got around listening to it. good stuff.

Why Am I So Ugly?
12-19-2005, 03:43 PM
skin of my yellow country teeth is my favorite song of the year

Rockin' Cherub
12-19-2005, 03:44 PM
it's like a mix of modest mouse and the arcade fire with jeff mangum vocals! i'm really excited about this band.

chris_bakewell
12-19-2005, 04:46 PM
My favorite song on the album is either Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood or Over and Over Again (Lost and Found). I really do love this album though.

daydreamer999
12-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
it's like a mix of modest mouse and the arcade fire with jeff mangum vocals! i'm really excited about this band.

i can't even tell if you're taking the piss or not

god i hope you are

Rockin' Cherub
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
the comparisons were half-ironic but the excitement is 100% true.

Mason R Butler
12-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by phaedrus

Mason, shut up.

who cares if it's hyped or not? just enjoy it for what it's worth. if you just don't like it, then give us your opinion.

and The Bends was great for its time.
Alright, I don't like it. The thing is, when there's so much hype around something it's virtually impossible to separate it from the music. I just don't get it and that bothers me.