View Full Version : because i'm the worst cook in the world...

spring
11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
..tonight I went to Dominion and I bought one of those Lean Cuisine frozen dinner things.

http://www.oopsweb.com/2003/hikaku/02b/hikaku-10.jpg

i should learn how to cook. or at least figure out which of these things actually taste any good.

Toby
11-04-2005, 12:00 AM
i'm only good at grilling foods

alisonmonster
11-04-2005, 12:06 AM
why do you think you're such a bad cook? As long as you follow a recipe, things should taste better than lean cuisine :P

spring
11-04-2005, 12:12 AM
ok... trust me i have tried to follow the recipes and all that, but it just doesn't seem to work. once in a blue moon something happens and i actually get it right, but i have to eat more often than once in a blue moon, you know...

surprisingly, i'm good at baking cookies and cakes and stuff :think:

Toby
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by North
i made a sweet stir fry tonight what was in it ******

Nimrod's Son
11-04-2005, 12:40 AM
i started cooking for my siblings at 12.

i'm really good at it,

mercurial
11-04-2005, 12:44 AM
i taught myself to cook using cook books and watching cooking shows ...

it's really not that hard once you get into it - and with a few basic recipes under your belt you can start to experiment a bit with different flavours/textures

fucking gold

spring
11-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
i started cooking for my siblings at 12.

i'm really good at it,

yeah, i think you mentioned something about being a good cook....that's a very attractive quality ;)

alisonmonster
11-04-2005, 12:51 AM
my b/f and i have each been cooks- him for about 8 years and myself for around 6 total over time. We cook together a lot really well when we get together - when we both used to work in the same restaurant for a few years i noticed when we'd eat we were so used to the pace at work- we would cook a meal very fast and finish eating it all in like 10-15 min. I had to force myself to stop eating like i was still in the kitchen.

spring
11-04-2005, 12:54 AM
oh...i'm the slowest eater in the world, heh. but i really like cooking with someone else too. and it's not like they're telling me exactly what to do all the time, i think it's just some extra reassurance (and someone to share the 'disaster' with) :)

Nimrod's Son
11-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I thought about culinary school very seriously, but I figured if I did it for a living I would hate it and thus it would ruin a fun escape

Toby
11-04-2005, 12:58 AM
me too, mike, but i changed at the last moment.

alisonmonster
11-04-2005, 12:59 AM
good choice-also unless you are the head chef you don't get any pleasure out of people enjoying the food since you're stuck in the back. And chefs get paid complete shit money unless you work at a super swanky place.

Nimrod's Son
11-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Toby
me too, mike, but i changed at the last moment. you really need to stop copying me dude

SuckSuckStyle
11-04-2005, 10:56 AM
last night i made roasted potatos w/garlic

and grilled chicken and onions

it was good.

Krazee's Ghost
11-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by spring
ok... trust me i have tried to follow the recipes and all that, but it just doesn't seem to work. once in a blue moon something happens and i actually get it right, but i have to eat more often than once in a blue moon, you know...

I'm the exact same way. I just never learned and everything I make, even the simplest stuff seems to come out shitty. And I don't want to have to eat it if its shitty. But then again, that's how you learn.

I just always had the money to go out and eat every night, that's all I did was go out for years. And now that I'm finally staying at home, I have a wonderful loving cook who's willing to make me whatever I want :)

Otherwise its just me and Chef Boyardee.

Nimrod's Son
11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
what good is a woman who can't cook

what next, women who can't clean?

Celes
11-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
I thought about culinary school very seriously, but I figured if I did it for a living I would hate it and thus it would ruin a fun escape

thats exactly why i changed my mind about becoming a pastry chef. i dont want to ruin my love for baking

edit: gg me for quoting the wrong person