View Full Version : Green Day video

Dead
11-03-2005, 04:14 AM
I just watched this video for Jesus of Suburbia and they had this scene where the kids are messing up a 7-11 and they use the camera style where it looks like it's attached to the kid's head just like in the 1979 video! Ripoff.

mourninglight
11-03-2005, 04:18 AM
<font color=99CCFF>damnit, all this time i was looking forward to a video for that song... bummer. maybe its a wink & a nod?

doubtful i guess.</font>

Dead
11-03-2005, 04:24 AM
Scary video.

Also, how is it Green Day makes an alright rock album, gets 4 singles, 2 are like 10 minute epic videos that get played around the clock.. but SP can't get any love, the Machina singles were pretty good, at least the first two. No respect!

Fattening Ass
11-03-2005, 04:27 AM
:nooooo:

MsMayonaise
11-03-2005, 04:39 AM
SP ripoffage makes me :cry:
The fact that Machina didn't get much love also makes me :cry:

talk show host
11-03-2005, 04:43 AM
A great big :erm to everything in this thread

shattering fast
11-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Funny how the guy that did that video is the same dude that did the Bullet With Butterfly Wings video.

Starla
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dead
Scary video.

Also, how is it Green Day makes an alright rock album, gets 4 singles, 2 are like 10 minute epic videos that get played around the clock.. but SP can't get any love, the Machina singles were pretty good, at least the first two. No respect!

Because Green Day are corporate whores even though they made an anti war sentiment album. Defeats their whole purpose when you really think about it.
I'm glad I don't flip MTV on and see SP played around the clock. Who wants to be the whore of MTV? Anyone?

Dead
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by **********

OH MY GOD SHUT UP
You shut up, asshole.

zbeast78
11-03-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah, i second that. green day stinks. they've been treading water for 8 years now. then they quick make a anti-bush record, & they're media darlings. if they were sincere about it, that would be one thing. but its basically the same old songs with cheesy teen angst lyrics, just this time more political. its a proven formula that has worked for other artists before them. i personally respect artists who are more subtle & intelligent in their political statements in their music (wilco, devendra banhart, ext). Its just funny how an artist like Madonna can spend 14 years of her career doing anything & everything she can think of to make money... then decides to make an anti-capitalism album. gimme a break madonna. if u feel that way, give all your money to charity. help some people.

ps - i'm just glad that the same formula didn't work for Limp Bizkit. Their attempt at being rage against the machine failed miserably

alisonmonster
11-03-2005, 02:34 PM
that was seriously one of the worst videos i have EVER seen, hands down. I haven't liked any of their videos of this album at all, they are so schloky.

But yeah, it did remind me of SP videos- sort of a combined 1979/try try try/ thing if SP had used cracked out looking pseudo punks.

Phoenix Down
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by To Starla

Because Green Day are corporate whores even though they made an anti war sentiment album. Defeats their whole purpose when you really think about it.
I'm glad I don't flip MTV on and see SP played around the clock. Who wants to be the whore of MTV? Anyone?

it't not like billy is a marketing whore or anything :erm

soniclovenoize
11-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix Down

it't not like billy is a marketing whore or anything :erm
Is your screen name a Final Fantasy reference, or am I the only geek here?

vbshlofbvgos
11-03-2005, 07:43 PM
this is mildly surprising considering that I didn't think green day like SP. I can remember whatshisface saying something negative about them a while back.
i wonder if it really was intentional.
and why are some of you still upset about MTV ignoring the Machina videos? let it go already.

Junebug
11-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by To Starla

good thing you weren't watching MTV ten years ago.

PS-what the crap does being "anti-war" have to do with trying to sell an album? I've thought really, really hard about it and I still don't understand the connection.

ref.
11-03-2005, 09:59 PM
think harder

Diamond Dream
11-04-2005, 12:40 AM
jealousy

MsMayonaise
11-04-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
whatshisface
Hehe, i read this as whatshitface

and why are some of you still upset about MTV ignoring the Machina videos? let it go already.
Because it hurt us deeply. It hurt us deeply in our hearts...

MsMayonaise
11-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Junebug
good thing you weren't watching MTV ten years ago.

You can't compare MTV in 1995/96 to MTV in 2005, since now it's well & truly down the crap hole...

:think:

I changed my mind... MTV ignoring SP is a good thing...

dean moriaty
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by soniclovenoize

Is your screen name a Final Fantasy reference, or am I the only geek here?

i has to be man

xaphirbryan
11-04-2005, 10:51 PM
my nipples are hard

its cold

youngod
11-05-2005, 02:19 AM
green day is shit

Runsaber
11-05-2005, 02:41 AM
this is mildly surprising considering that I didn't think green day like SP. I can remember whatshisface saying something negative about them a while back.
i wonder if it really was intentional.

Yeah, he bashes them a little bit in some magazine I have, but can't manage to find.

Something about how "pathetic those guys are", and how Billy's a douchebag because he makes a point to take all the credit for the riffs and solos in Siamese Dream.
Then he says he "likes the 'guitar sound' in that song 1979."

Pretty mindblowing shit.

soniclovenoize
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by dean moriaty

i has to be man
Yeah... Is that Final Fantasy 3? I can't remember. It was a "life" potion that brought you back to life in 2, so I'm pretty sure it was 3.

dean moriaty
11-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by soniclovenoize

Yeah... Is that Final Fantasy 3? I can't remember. It was a "life" potion that brought you back to life in 2, so I'm pretty sure it was 3.

i only know i remember it in 7. no idea which others it's in

melodic skys
11-06-2005, 12:58 PM
i liked the video a lot.. as well as the song..

take the "offending" video technique into perspective... Billy didn't invent the concept of attaching a camera to someone so it moves with them, nor did he invent the concept of trashing a convenience store...

there are lots of ideas that billy has borrowed from or copied... and openly admits..

so there is a a lil similarity between the two shots.. get over it.

Lorenzo
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
In that same interview they said the distortion on Siamese Dream is the worst. Then Mike Dirnt said Billy was pathetic, supposedly they were talking at a party and Billy was whining and he said he felt like giving him his shoulder to cry on. Then Billie Joe said 1979 was a great song and had a good riff and tone.

soniclovenoize
11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty

i only know i remember it in 7. no idea which others it's in
I've only played 1-6... Fuck those newer 3D ones...