View Full Version : pumpkins mentioned "Strangest angels play electric guitars..."

Peuloxian Cherub
01-06-2003, 04:27 PM
i got this through mail:

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, but I hope that you'll give me 90 seconds of your time. I'm writing to you because, from what I gather, you are a Tank Girl fan and I have something which might appeal to you.

My first novel, Strangest angels play electric guitars..., is now available and, although about a fictitious rock band, might be best described, as one reader has, as "a cross between Lollapalooza and 'Seinfeld' with a modern, fairy-tale twist." Another reader said that "What a beautiful story! I laughed out loud and the ending made me cry for half an hour."

Yes, this story is about a rock band, but it's about more than just music. Although that is the setting and you will get a glimpse into that world from someone that has first-hand experience, at heart it is a quirky story about love and friendship with an eccentric cast (******* three women in the band that probably have a bit of Rebecca's DNA). My editor doesn't even listen to rock music and she is suggesting that I write a sequel. Instead, she had been drawn to the drama and humor, the dialogue and whimsy.

And, if you are into music (or just pop culture in general), there are numerous references that span several generations and genre, ranging from Smashing Pumpkins to Burt Bacharach, Patti Smith to Def Leppard, The Carpenters to The Pixies.

Why am I writing to you? Well, since I am attempting to market this book with a meager budget, I'm trying to appeal to people such as you that might be readers and, I hope, willing to give a new writer a shot.

To learn more, check out the website at www.spriglet.net or preview it at http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0%2D595%2D25806%2D9

Take care

thought i'd share it.

Affect
01-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Fuck you.