View Full Version : Crazy idiotic things to do in the Midwest

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I don't know how much longer I'm going to be in the Midwest, so while I'm still here, even though I was born here, I would like to try to squeeze every last drop of excitement-filled puss from the skin of the earth. I'm not talking about big things to do in big cities like Chicago, I'm talking about stupid tourist hick things to do, like going to the Mall of America, and cow-tipping. Actually, I draw the line right before cow-tipping, but that aside, I'd like to hear some ideas.

MusicMan4
10-05-2005, 11:20 PM
i'd probably do cow tipping before the mall of america

DeadSwan
10-05-2005, 11:20 PM
drive drunk down a deserted highway

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
You're right, I should probably avoid them both. I don't even know what I'm asking here.

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan
drive drunk down a deserted highway

I can do that anywhere.

spandexjesus
10-05-2005, 11:23 PM
the mall of america is far from hickish.

take this from someone who probably lives in the most hick-populated town in all of netphoria.

MusicMan4
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by spandexjesus

take this from someone who probably lives in the most hick-populated town in all of netphoria.

kristin lives in mississippi

spandexjesus
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey

kristin lives in mississippi

aitkin, mn is bad.

real bad.

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM

I said touristy OR hickish. Translation: idiotic.

spandexjesus
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Lie

I said touristy OR hickish. Translation: idiotic.

ah.

well the mall of america has never been touristy for me, seeing as i've lived in mn all my life.

so really i have no contribution to this thread.

MusicMan4
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
malls are hick magnets i thought

spandexjesus
10-05-2005, 11:27 PM
malls are hick magnets i thought

have you ever been to the mall of america?

it's mainly midle class white people, teens and a crapload of black/asian people.

MusicMan4
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
all white people are hicks unless they're cultured like me and watch french films

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:30 PM
ah.

well the mall of america has never been touristy for me, seeing as i've lived in mn all my life.

so really i have no contribution to this thread.

Okay, so forget touristy or hickish. I've spent very limited time in Minnesota. Aside from the Twin Cities and hunting ground, what is there? Keep in mind that I have an above-average attention span when it comes to travel as well as a liking for the unusual and unnatural and just plain wrong.

spandexjesus
10-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Lie

Okay, so forget touristy or hickish. I've spent very limited time in Minnesota. Aside from the Twin Cities and hunting ground, what is there? Keep in mind that I have an above-average attention span when it comes to travel as well as a liking for the unusual and unnatural and just plain wrong.

i really can't help you. i have no idea what would be of interest to people who aren't natives here. to my eyes, everything is normal.

Sam and Mike
10-05-2005, 11:37 PM
www.roadsideamerica.com

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Sam and Mike
www.roadsideamerica.com

Oh, man.

Dinosaur Gardens, Ossineke, Michigan

In the parking lot of Dinosaur Gardens, along the western shore of Lake Huron, you'll find a large homemade statue of Christ clutching the Earth. Perhaps it is a comment on the fate of the dinosaurs, who are depicted along a wooded trail attacking each other and battling with cavepeople. When the real Messiah comes knocking, you'll want to be safely inside the walk-in Aptosaurus, home of the "The Greatest Heart."

DeadSwan
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
all white people are hicks unless they're cultured like me and watch french films

i watch french films, too

MusicMan4
10-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan

i watch french films, too

so neither of us are hicks which is why the idea proposed on the other board is a good one

i'll work on my films and you work on your art as various shady characters come and go through our bohemian pad

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey, I watch French films, too. I just want to see the Mall Of America. Is that so wrong?

DeadSwan

so neither of us are hicks which is why the idea proposed on the other board is a good one

i'll work on my films and you work on your art as various shady characters come and go through our bohemian pad

that sounds awesome

we could have a website detailing our wacky adventures

i could wear a beret, you could get one of those john waters mustaches

spandexjesus
i've never shot a gun or worn camo in my life.

surely this makes me not a hick, even though i do not watch french movies.

Lie
10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I want to shoot a gun, too. There's got to be somewhere in the Midwest where they'll let me do that.

Lie
10-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Okay, well, I'm going to leave this up and see if anyone has any brilliant ideas.

GDNGGT GUYZ

MusicMan4
10-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Goodnight Elisabeth

D.
10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Lie
I want to shoot a gun, too. There's got to be somewhere in the Midwest where they'll let me do that.
there's tons of shooting ranges in my area alone.