View Full Version : hey aussies

Deleted_User
09-30-2005, 01:36 PM
whats it like having plastic money.

ZackZ
09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
http://www.tablescraps.com/images/games_monopoly%20money.jpg

Damn monopoly money. It makes it so much easier to spend. As for the texture, it is quite unbecomming. Nothing compares to good old Greenbacks.

GlasgowKiss
09-30-2005, 04:02 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/01/28/paul_hogan_narrowweb__200x240.jpg

bardy
09-30-2005, 05:05 PM
whats this money look like

ZackZ
09-30-2005, 05:33 PM
http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/images/dollar.jpg

hendy
09-30-2005, 08:17 PM
We have plastic money in kiwiland too. It's great - doesn't get ripped or faded. And the notes have different colours, not like greenbacks.

yo soy el mejor
09-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by hendy
- It's great - And the notes have different colours
:hurl:

hendy
09-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Why the vomit? The colours make it easier to tell the denominations apart.

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2005, 08:57 PM

yeah, those Americans love to keep it simple.

ZackZ
09-30-2005, 10:12 PM

We have numbers and recognizable politcal figures to help us with that. Australia puts singers and shit on their money.

shattering fast
09-30-2005, 10:19 PM
I've always wondered who that guy with the cowboy hat on our $10 bills is, he looks pretty cool.

Same with all of them, really. I think we should have people like Ned Kelly and Steve Irwin and Dundee etc. on our bills.

Perhaps we could make them so you could press it and it would say a qoute.

On another I note, I heard that our money had really thin metal inside it so its harder to counterfeit or something...

bleugh.

Hillzy
09-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by yo soy el mejor

:hurl:

Your money really is terrible compared to ours. I had US$1000 when I went to Poland and about 10% of them were ripped and crinkled and looked like shit.
When I showed europeans our beautiful money they were all creaming themselves. Some Swedish beggar wanted my NZ$50 even though he couldn't use it just because he liked the colours.

Orenthal James
09-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Hillzy

Your money really is terrible compared to ours. I had US$1000 when I went to Poland and about 10% of them were ripped and crinkled and looked like shit.
When I showed europeans our beautiful money they were all creaming themselves. Some Swedish beggar wanted my NZ$50 even though he couldn't use it just because he liked the colours. a beggar wanting money.

you have got to be kidding me.

shattering fast
09-30-2005, 10:26 PM
The money in The Sims is like A4 sized.

What's up with that?

Hillzy
09-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Orenthal James
a beggar wanting money.

you have got to be kidding me.

He only wanted Kroners. I was talking to him and showed him my $50 and he was like "Holy shit thats a cool picture etc"
And anyone who is begging in Sweden is not clever enough to exchange it.

yo soy el mejor
09-30-2005, 11:36 PM
paper money is subdued and classy and gets worn in like a pair of jeans then trashed when its too old. some of the european/whatever money out there seems like its supposed to be a form of entertainment or something

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2005, 11:38 PM
paper money is subdued and classy and gets worn in like a pair of jeans then trashed when its too old. some of the european/whatever money out there seems like its supposed to be a form of entertainment or something

....or the fact that its harder to genuinely counterfeit.

hendy
10-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Smells better when you burn it, too.

Hillzy
10-01-2005, 12:13 AM

I think our money was just designed to make it as hard to counterfeit as possible - as side effect being is that it is also awesome.

yo soy el mejor
10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
is counterfeiting really a problem these days?

i wish i could get my hands on some fake money. id use it to buy drugs and a stolen gun

Hillzy
10-01-2005, 12:22 AM
is counterfeiting really a problem these days?

It's not here, but probably only because our money is fucking hard to counterfeit.

i wish i could get my hands on some fake money. id use it to buy drugs and a stolen gun

If I had some fake US$, drugs or a stolen gun I would send them to you.

mercurial
10-01-2005, 12:52 AM
The only tangible advantage I've found - your money doesn't fall apart if you forgot to take it out of your pocket and throw your jeans in the washing machine.

They do shrink if you put them in the dryer though ...