View Full Version : The Arising sound should of been dumped right onto CD...

Raskolnikov
09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey Troops...

Was just reading the thread about Blue Skies Bring Tears, and it got me thinking. I hadn't listened to any of my Arising! boots in a long while. Then when I was home recently I dropped one of those in, I think it was from the Roxy show, which I was at (indie cred points... right.)

Anyways, it just got me thinking. It's almost sad how awesome the songs sounded in those original incarnations before they got thrown around into the production phase.

A few that come to mind...

BSBT - So much better in that Arising! format. The electronique version comes close, but lacks something.

Wound - 4.10.99 - Such a great, great version. The "blood on his hands" part is spectacular.

Virex - Should of been left called this, and sounding like this. That song rocked SO hard then. Then TiV was released... and it's just so incredibly lackluster in comparison to Virex.

Home - I like the MII version a ton - one of my top 10 SP songs - but nonetheless, the live version still trumps it.

Any others that I've missed?

Don't get me wrong - I like Machina a lot. It's probably the album I toss in and casually listen to the most. But, still... those Arising versions were just awesome.

Heck, that was just an awesome little tour. Such a fun mini-era of the band. The last shows with the original foursome.

-adam

Ronnie Eagle
09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
The Arising tour was the awakening of dead souls and as such, the music played the part of fulfilling that purpose. Hence, it fucking rocked.

Corganist
09-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I think that Speed Kills from that tour was the definitive version of the song. The studio versions (or even later live versions) just never approached that level of awesomeness.

But then again, I guess you can say the same thing about all the Arising songs.

PumpkinsHog2
09-20-2005, 11:23 PM
can anyone tell me where the hell to find an arising! tour show on mp3? I have some of the songs, but i want an ENTIRE show... lil help please???:)

transluscent
09-20-2005, 11:57 PM
wait. wasn't 4/10/99 pro-shot. wouldnt that mean that it MIGHT have been multi-tracked??

hog-http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/1999/

4/15 is the best setlist, but 4/10 is jimmys first show back.

transluscent
09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
I would like the add that the Siva/Who Do You Love/Space Jam thing at the DC show RULED

Corganist
09-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by transluscent
wait. wasn't 4/10/99 pro-shot. wouldnt that mean that it MIGHT have been multi-tracked??

I was under the impression that they multi-tracked every show from MCIS on.

transluscent
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
oh snap. i forgot about that.

they need to do like the dead and sell all their shows online!

ivor
09-21-2005, 08:24 AM
the topic should read "should have" or "should've". this advice is free.

Radiofred
09-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Anyone know where i can get the Arising shows on mp3? Or anyone wanna trade?

ChristHimself!
09-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Radiofred
Anyone know where i can get the Arising shows on mp3? Or anyone wanna trade?

LOL fred you nub

Originally posted by transluscent
http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/1999/

4/15 is the best setlist, but 4/10 is jimmys first show back.

Radiofred
09-21-2005, 08:50 AM
once a noob always a noob. Until i die motherfucker!

Radiofred
09-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds

LOL fred you nub

fucking work has blocked this shit

douglas78
09-21-2005, 08:53 AM
pug was sounding nice too when played live with jimmy..

ChristHimself!
09-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Radiofred

fucking work has blocked this shit

:D

you suck at life

spidrr
09-21-2005, 12:55 PM
i remember hearing Dross at Arising NYC and going :eek:

something about that song live compared the recording that is tons better. it just lacks :rockon: on the album.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Then TiV WHAT?

workingdogv1
09-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by spidrr

something about that song live compared the recording that is tons better. it just lacks :rockon: on the album.

Amen. Dross and Virex fucking died for our sins. :(

dean moriaty
09-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by workingdogv1

i'm a good boy. i never sin, no sir

workingdogv1
09-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty

i'm a good boy. i never sin, no sir

The Reverend B0lly Jack C0ogan knows otherwise, good sir.

bunnkwio
09-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by workingdogv1

F'in quote of the year, there, bro... Dross kicked my ass all over wishing I was at the Arising shows...

davin
09-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by spidrr

i agree completely. after 4/10/99 i told all my skeptical roommates how gritty and dirty the sound was, how fuckin' rocking and tight the band was, etc. i was really upset when I heard the imploding voice album version.

BSBT, Home, Dross, Virex all sounded sick during Arising!....the oldies go without saying....and the early versions of stand inside your love and speed kills kicked some serious ass as well.

Whats real amazing is that within 8 months, the songs were given added effects and ended up sounding completely different by the December 1999 Metro "bring 2 cans of food" shows.

What effects pedals and shit were much more "basic" than all the complex Machina rig stuff.

celluloid_love
09-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Holy shit that version of Geek USA from Jimmy's comeback show is fucking INSANE

can someone YSI a better quality version?

thanks a lot in advance...

wounded
09-26-2005, 08:59 AM
arising in cincy rocked my ass off

jamesey
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
I was at that Roxy show. I had high hopes for Machina after that. It was insane

workingdogv1
09-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by bunnkwio

F'in quote of the year, there, bro... Dross kicked my ass all over wishing I was at the Arising shows...

Yep, I listened to that first boot over and over again. I thought Machina was going to be the great Pumpkins comeback.

Then I heard the album... :erm