View Full Version : i rest my case: md > ipod

smashingjj
09-20-2005, 08:02 AM
since my last md hardly functioned anymore, i just bought myself a sony mz-nh700:

http://productimages.sony-europe.com/IM_MZ-NH700S.jpg

compared to my last one this has so much advantages. also, a lot of accessoires were incl<i></i>uded, such as: headphones including remote control, optical cable, usb cable, 1 gig MD, software, a bag to keep it safe in...

For me it was important to have a line in for the microphone. I nearly bought one without. Oh, not only i can transfer mp3 albums to a hi-md in 40 seconds, it has lp4 as well (analogue recording, 4 times as much as the the MD disc normally could record)

also i have a 4 year guarantee on this. and it wasn't expensive at all.

yeah bitch, md > ipod. :D

Rockin' Cherub
09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
how much?

smashingjj
09-20-2005, 03:18 PM
4 years

Rockin' Cherub
09-20-2005, 03:26 PM
are you telling me you paid four years of your life for this?

smashingjj
09-20-2005, 04:51 PM
:D

four year guarantee

the md was 180 euros

StillBecomingApart
09-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj

yeah bitch, md > ipod. :D

I agree!

Deleted_User
09-20-2005, 07:22 PM
i have an MD player that i have yet to find the right drivers and software for. it was given to me by my dad who has no use for it anymore.

what is the deal with the line-in on these things? so they come in anything but stereo?

wHATcOLOR
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
yeah bitch

disslunker
09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
there are 1 gig MD ??? can they play/record on a regular MD player/recorder?

I need some good mics to do some field recordings too!

azvd
09-20-2005, 09:08 PM
I was looking at these Hi-MD models on minidisco.com and I just got interested in the idea that you could:

- record 1Gb withouth having to change media
- transfer the WAVs to your computer through USB

But I read a user's review that the famous MZ-RH10 (http://www.minidisco.com/mz-rh10.html) has a stupid copyright control where you can make only one single transfer from your MD to your computer before it gets restricted to that disc. That's so damn stupid that I just got back to my Sharp model and forgot about getting those Hi-MDs from Sony.

christian zombie vampires
09-21-2005, 12:08 AM
shit you're pretty stupid. i had to get that exact one for school and sold it. it's so obvious ipod (iriver if you want a mic) is superior than MD in every possible way.

enjoy recording shit and having to slowly convert all your music onto bullshit sony formats that can't convert back. and having to transfer recorded sounds manually through the headphone jack because you can't through files 90% of the time. you're also gonna need that guarauntee, almost everyone's at school had something broken within months.

FearFactory
09-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Fuck your ipods and MD players. I'm all about recording a disc full of mp3s and just playing it in a discman that plays mp3s.

smashingjj
09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by christian zombie vampires
shit you're pretty stupid. i had to get that exact one for school and sold it. it's so obvious ipod (iriver if you want a mic) is superior than MD in every possible way.

enjoy recording shit and having to slowly convert all your music onto bullshit sony formats that can't convert back. and having to transfer recorded sounds manually through the headphone jack because you can't through files 90% of the time. you're also gonna need that guarauntee, almost everyone's at school had something broken within months. eh i can convert stuff back. also i'm pretty sure you can't record everything from any source with an ipod or iriver, like my md does.

that, and i don't see the advantage of having 60 gb's of music whenever you travel a few hours by bus or whatever. i mean, 45 hours on one disc is quite enough. but that's my personal preference i guess.

oh and it sucks for your schoolmates that their md's are broken. i'm sure the amount of broken md's on your school doesn't represent the rest of the world though.

Luke de Spa
09-21-2005, 06:14 PM
The advantage of having 60GB of music wherever you go isn't so that you can listen to ten days' worth of music if you want to. The advantage is being able to choose from any music you own, not just from whatever smaller percentage of your collection you've chosen to carry around with you.

And you don't have to compromise the audio quality like you do with Sony's higher compression formats. Seriously, even the Hi-LP compression sounds shit to my ears. And isn't it only 64kb/s or something like that?

christian zombie vampires
09-22-2005, 12:06 AM
eh i can convert stuff back. also i'm pretty sure you can't record everything from any source with an ipod or iriver, like my md does.

that, and i don't see the advantage of having 60 gb's of music whenever you travel a few hours by bus or whatever. i mean, 45 hours on one disc is quite enough. but that's my personal preference i guess.

oh and it sucks for your schoolmates that their md's are broken. i'm sure the amount of broken md's on your school doesn't represent the rest of the world though.

ok ok fine MD is better. but if in a year's time you wish you could just record any analog or digital source onto mp3 or wav, plug into any computer like a USB drive and not wait 10 minutes to transfer an hour of music for $100 less money... iriver ihp-120. just puttin that out there. :)

Dead
09-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Showing off that you can encode mp3s to shitty ATRAC format and back again is a good way to show why MD sucks balls.

StillBecomingApart
09-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Can I-pods record? If yes, will you bring it to a show to record it?

"LOL that guy is recording using his ipod! We have to tell him that this show lasts only 2 hours, not 30."

Fattening Ass
09-24-2005, 05:37 AM
old, ugly technology.

FearFactory
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Fattening Ass
old, ugly technology.

Oh, come on Gil... you're not <i>that</i> bad!

Travis Meeks
09-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by FearFactory
Fuck your ipods and MD players. I'm all about recording a disc full of mp3s and just playing it in a discman that plays mp3s.

pfft, loser

FearFactory
09-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Jai Guru Deva

pfft, loser

trend-mongerer!

Travis Meeks
09-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by FearFactory

trend-mongerer!

broke motha fucka!

FearFactory
09-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Jai Guru Deva

broke motha fucka!

yuppie harkening back to the "glory days" of the 80's!