View Full Version : OTC broke up?

Sammiches
09-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Since no one answered me in my other thread, did Olivia Tremor Control break up? Huh?

Nothing/everything
09-20-2005, 01:55 AM
quote from the OTC boards @ E6townhall.com:

i talked to john after the show and he said that there wasnt going to be any more shows. they are all going to be focusing on other projects (circulatory system album is out in the spring). i think it was their last show as livia trems.

But they're not going apeshit about it. It is unclear i'd say. I wasn't expecting them to get back and tour again anyways.

by the way, while we're at the subject:

Circulatory system > A sunshine fix

relaxor!
09-20-2005, 02:28 AM
These guys rock.
PS: Black Foliage is by far better than Cubist.

Nothing/everything
09-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by relaxor!
PS: Black Foliage is by far better than Cubist.

i would have disagreed some months ago, but Black Foliage is far more consistent than dusk, and therefore far more listenable. I get "bored" somewhat halfway through green typewriters. Black foliage is still extremely interesting after 10 minutes of sound collage. And i have been floated is one of the best songs ever written.

smashingjj
09-20-2005, 06:52 AM
finally downloaded black foliage. sounds cool. too bad this download is somewhat fucked up

Rockin' Cherub
09-20-2005, 08:45 AM
i don't even listen to them that much. but right now, as i listen to dusk at cubist castle this thread appears.

if only they weren't so god damn beatlesque.

relaxor!
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything

i would have disagreed some months ago, but Black Foliage is far more consistent than dusk, and therefore far more listenable. I get "bored" somewhat halfway through green typewriters. Black foliage is still extremely interesting after 10 minutes of sound collage. And i have been floated is one of the best songs ever written. Yeah, I agree on all counts. I don't know why I made that claim so aggressive, I like Cubist a lot. But Black Foliage really does have better songs, I think, and the like you said the sound collage (number 19 I think) is really great. Pretty much the whole middle third is golden. From I Have Been Floated through the sound collage dealy.
Anyways, awesome album.

Nothing/everything
09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
there are some awesome E6 shows to be downloaded from e6townhall.com

some great OTC stuff, and a stunning Neutral milk hotel show from 1996 with the breathtaking bucket being played. I suggest you all check this out.

Best Looking Boy
09-20-2005, 12:32 PM
castle > for green typewriters suite alone.

spa ced
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
(circulatory system album is out in the spring).

awesome. i had no idea.

sickbadthing
09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Over The Counter?