View Full Version : The video for Glosoli is fuckin' sweet.


Eulogy
09-18-2005, 01:00 AM
The shot with the first few kids leaping off of that cliff....yeah. It might be because I am just really fucking tired or something, but that looked really neat to me.

twice
09-18-2005, 02:25 AM
so uh. anyway. (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/astralwerks/chemical/get_yourself_high_300.asx)

pink_ribbon_scars
09-18-2005, 02:49 AM
...n....o....t.e..
t...o.
se....lf.......:

.g...lo.s..ol.i.
.v.i.d....e...o.
.p.ro.b.a....b..ly.......
.s.u.c...k.s.....

..

twice
09-18-2005, 02:54 AM
this (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/astralwerks/chemical/push_the_button/video/the_boxer_hi.asx) shit is dope

alisonmonster
09-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by twice
this (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/astralwerks/chemical/push_the_button/video/the_boxer_hi.asx) shit is dope

that video is completely tailor made for Nike

twice
09-18-2005, 03:08 AM
good for them. it's brilliantly pop eye candy.

alisonmonster
09-18-2005, 03:11 AM
yeah, they've always had good videos. "Let Forever Be" is fantastic too.

Quiet CD
09-18-2005, 03:20 AM
glosoli is amazing, i cried my eyes out watching it... sigur ros is so inexplicably amazing, i saw them a month or so ago at a small venue in hollywood... without words i understand they seem to somehow capture the core of a sentiment that resides so deep in me

Fathoms (unadored)
09-18-2005, 03:58 AM
meh... it's pretty much a paint-by-number Ros video.

In-Valid
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
It's not as bad as an Interpol video but other than the "payoff" Peter Pan scene it's not that interesting.
Widescreen heh.

dean moriaty
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
the other day i saw a tv advert for takk on e4, that seemed weird. it was a pretty advert though

Eulogy
09-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
meh... it's pretty much a paint-by-number Ros video.

Yeah, but I think it's more effective than any of the other ones. I mean, I doubt I'll watch it ever again, but it was cool to see. The other ones never held my interest at all, and since they're so long, it was a pretty underwhelming experience.

disslunker
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Quiet CD
glosoli is amazing, i cried my eyes out watching it... sigur ros is so inexplicably amazing, i saw them a month or so ago at a small venue in hollywood... without words i understand they seem to somehow capture the core of a sentiment that resides so deep in me


I hate yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANTED TO GO TO THAT AVALON SHOW SO BAD GOD I HATE YOU

2Marlon2Brando
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
what is glosoli

Mayfuck
09-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster


that video is completely tailor made for Nike

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that video a while ago. I thought "I'm watching a 3 minute sneaker commercial." I hated it.

Mayfuck
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
The Get Yourself High video is cool though, but my favorite of theirs will always be Star Guitar.

Aeris Hilton
09-18-2005, 08:35 PM
is the get yourself high video by gondry

thats the exact same thing he did for that eternal sunshine video

Mayfuck
09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
no.

what eternal sunshine video

Mariner
09-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando
what is glosoli

i think it's a vaginal cream

C33
09-19-2005, 10:39 AM
http://lonwle.interoutemediaservices.com/%7B49C2AF18-694C-4638-8CF8-E425F3E0D8A1%7D/%7B1EBFC29C-E44D-47D2-942A-3BEDACB057AB%7D/glosoli_windows_high.wmv

severin
09-19-2005, 10:55 AM
next week on the news: "hundreds of icelandic kids jump to their death after watching music video: sigur ros say 'we're devastated'"

pink_ribbon_scars
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
huh, that did nothing for me. the first half was slow and boring and the second half was faster and boring. i'm excited to see them in concert again this week, but i could pass on the video.

Fathoms (unadored)
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
^... touche! and the creeping pediophilia vibe of their videos is a bit unnerving. On top of that I'm not really digging the new album. Everything is just so vague and songs don't seem to have any real point to them other than to say "hey, look at us everyone. We're Sigur Ros!"...

I'm hoping I'll warm up to it though. It happens all too often that as soon as I start to vocalize my displeasure with an album I start liking it, and vice-versa.

Eulogy
09-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
On top of that I'm not really digging the new album. Everything is just so vague and songs don't seem to have any real point to them other than to say "hey, look at us everyone. We're Sigur Ros!"...



no way, man. Glosoli, Saeglopur, and Gong are as good as anything they've done. Would you really expect them to change all that much? I wouldn't. And I'm glad that they aren't.

No. 13 Baby
09-21-2005, 05:07 AM
Andvari is a good one as well off Takk.
The video for Glósóli is pretty good. The first time I saw it i thought it was pretty cool.

dean moriaty
09-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by No. 13 Baby
Andvari is a good one as well off Takk.
The video for Glósóli is pretty good. The first time I saw it i thought it was pretty cool.

i still like your user name