View Full Version : necking


sweetmusk
09-17-2005, 01:00 PM
i just saw this band last night, had heard a little about them before...they fucking killed. two dudes on drums and another kid running around yelling into a mic hooked up to a zillion effects. does anyone else know them and share my enthusiasm?

sweetmusk
09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
none of you?!?!? losers!

Fathoms (unadored)
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Coffee at Jennifer's sounds nice. But I need to retrieve my eyeballs first.

ryan patrick
09-18-2005, 11:06 PM
i'm not from NYC so i'm not privelidged to good shows.

sweetmusk
09-19-2005, 10:01 PM
you can come visit if you are fun to hang with. however, if you are a pro-recording, anti-scene dude, you can forget it!

D.
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ryan patrick
i'm not from NYC so i'm not privelidged to good shows.
i saw jimmy eat world at liberty hall yesterday.

pink_ribbon_scars
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
i wish i'd heard the band but i haven't.

which neighborhood of nyc do you live in?

where did they play?

ryan patrick
09-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by sweetmusk
you can come visit if you are fun to hang with. however, if you are a pro-recording, anti-scene dude, you can forget it!

i don't know what pro-recording anti-scene dude means.

but no recordings of necking are available on the internet so if they sell any you should buy one and rip it for me specifically.

Nimrod's Son
09-20-2005, 12:39 AM
i see the world. feel the chill. which way to go? windowsill...?

sweetmusk
09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
i live in the east village, but i saw them in greenpoint, brooklyn. im seeing them again on saturday and i am going to find out if they have any recordings, and if so, purchase the shit out of them.

the anti-scene kids are the ones who buy the records, but are insecure at shows so they make fun of everyone's enthusiasm and sulk.

ryan patrick
09-21-2005, 02:30 AM
oh.

no i like enthusiasm.

Aeris Hilton
09-25-2005, 01:09 PM
i sulk at shows but i dont make fun of enthusiasm except for stuff like The Rapture is going to save music and make the indie kids dance

teachingtheindiekidstodanceagain

daydreamer999
09-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey

teachingtheindiekidstodanceagain

this is amazing:

http://www.indiekids.org/stuff/Symantec_Revolution.mp3

DeadSwan
09-27-2005, 10:22 PM
which place in greenpoint



do you go to nyu? cuz how the hell do you afford the east village w/out student loans or a trust fund? (i'm being really serious)

sweetmusk
09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
it was at this ridiculous place called club exit which is normally a polish dance club.

i go to fordham university (60th st). my apartment is 2100 a month, which i split with a roommate. i pay for some and my parents help me out with the rest, because its actually cheaper than living in a dorm.

DeadSwan
09-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sweetmusk
it was at this ridiculous place called club exit which is normally a polish dance club.

i go to fordham university (60th st). my apartment is 2100 a month, which i split with a roommate. i pay for some and my parents help me out with the rest, because its actually cheaper than living in a dorm.


oh, i forgot that fordham had a place outside the bronx


so, how's nyc? i really, really miss it. tell me stories.

DeadSwan
09-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sweetmusk
it was at this ridiculous place called club exit which is normally a polish dance club.

i go to fordham university (60th st). my apartment is 2100 a month, which i split with a roommate. i pay for some and my parents help me out with the rest, because its actually cheaper than living in a dorm.

what's the other venue that doubles as the polish national club?

pine trees
09-27-2005, 10:35 PM
sweetmusk must be a really hip guy

sweetmusk
09-27-2005, 11:15 PM
nyc is the best. you should come back and hang. the other night i saw a wealthy spanish tourist get hit in the face by an egg thrown by a crust punk and it got all over his $100 tshirt. it ruled.

the other polish club that doubles as a venue is the warsaw. they dont have as many shows there anymore though.

i am so hip.

DeadSwan
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sweetmusk
nyc is the best. you should come back and hang. the other night i saw a wealthy spanish tourist get hit in the face by an egg thrown by a crust punk and it got all over his $100 tshirt. it ruled.

the other polish club that doubles as a venue is the warsaw. they dont have as many shows there anymore though.

i am so hip.


warsaw, yeah

i saw patti smith there. and um. blonde redhead and somebody else. whatever

yeah, spanish tourists are pretty bad. just as bad as the german tourists.