View Full Version : Official Netphorian Mix Disc Exchange- Post Your Mixes

AndySlash
09-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I figure most trading has been completed by now. Even though the deadline was the end of August, this is Netphoria...

This thread is for you to post the mix you RECEIVED from your partner. Please post your thoughts as to what was on it, and please be honest. No one's feelings should get hurt if you don't like what they sent, and it will help others in the future when we do this again to know what was well received and what wasn't. If you dig what was sent, then say so as well.

Rockin' Cherub
09-16-2005, 03:03 PM
1.untitled (0:00)

jared
09-16-2005, 05:15 PM
i thought it was an interesting cd.good mix of electronics with organic i am more into faster paced/energetic music so i guess i liked those more. bakelite was my favorite song on there as i have never heard them before so they were a nice surprise.
from mark aka christian zombie vampires:

1. dj dupture - jibal al nuba/gemini dub
2. mc chris - dq blizzard
3. bakelite - typocritical
4. mark of the beats - bone jumpin
5. vincent gallo - yes i am lonely
6. nick cave - the moon is in the gutter (acoustic)
7. silver jews - horseleg swastikas
8. feist - lonely
9. bran van 3000 - speed
10. jason forrest - inkhuk
11. titan - corazon
12. k-os - foloow me
13. josh martinez - nightmare
14. bostich - polaris
15. lcd soundsystem - daft punk is playing at my house (soulwax mix)
16. jamie lidell - the city
17. thurston revival - 5 4 3 2 1
18. the robot ate me - the genocide ball

Jonny5
09-18-2005, 01:07 PM
a mix from AndySlash. most songs on here were quite mellow. the caribou track was an instant favorite of mine and that prompted me to go out and buy the album, which I love. he also incorporated some stuff he had recieved from past mix exhanges. I believe he called it a 'pay it forward' thing. the buddy rich tune was a cool surprise since I play drums, but it was the one thing that didn't flow with the rest of the album. however I can only say that because the rest of it went together so nicely.

1. malachi constant - spice of life
2. buddy rich big band - channel 1 suite
3. caribou - bees
4. bobby mcferrin - circlesong six
5. cornelius - brazil
6. phish - bliss
7. unkle - inside
8. the dears - autonomy
9. genesis - the carpet crawlers
10. nick cave and the bad seeds - hallelujah
11. johnny cash - wayfaring stranger

Crono
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Jonny5

1. malachi constant - spice of life

yes.

AndySlash
09-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Crono

yes.

I bought an album because of that song.

Yeah, I kinda wish I put C1S elsewhere and that I could edit out the slow middle section to make it about 5 minutes shorter. I think that would have helped its cause on there. Oh well, it's stilla good song.

Fattening Ass
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
oh god im seriosuly late with that. X-D kill me plox

AndySlash
09-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Mine is from Jonny5 (duh).

"This Has Balls"

1. Joe Stuby & Rocking Horse- Cosmic Soul
2. Siouxsie & the Banshees- Arabian Knights
3. Stereolab- Analogue Rock
4. David "Fuze" Fiuczynski & Rufus Cappadocia- Roxy Migraine
5. Frank Zappa- Teenage Wind
6. Squarepusher- Port Rhombus
7. The Microphones- I Want Wind to Blow
8. Aphex Twin- Nannou
9. Django Reinhardt- Limehouse Blues
10. Tom Waits- Walking Spanish
11. Talking Heads- Psycho Killer
12. Talking Heads- Once In a Lifetime
13. Mahavishnu Orchestra- ?

I've only had a chance to listen to this a few times, so my thoughts on it aren't completely formed. I'd only heard the Talking Heads tracks before so I like that it's mostly unfamiliar. This is kind of an "experimental" music (for lack of a better term) type disc it seems, so I wont be playing it for friends at a party or anything, but I'll enjoy listening to it in the car. The Reinhardt track took me by surprise- I've heard the name before, but had no clue that he was old-school jazz. Good stuff, that. If there is one track on here that I would say I probably wont warm up to it's the Zappa track. His stuff is hit or miss with me and this one seems to be miss.

Jonny5
09-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash
"This Has Balls"
hah. well I didn't intend that to be the mix title. I just kind of threw that on the side in reference to what I said about the zappa track. i mean if I actually wanted to make a mix of ballzy tracks I would've loaded it with pigmy love circus or something.

since you seem to really like phish I had actually meant to throw some Jazz Mandolin Project on there. you should check them out. I don't know why I didn't replace a talking heads track for one by them.