View Full Version : I wonder how many people don't get The Dillinger Escape Plan

FearFactory
09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Calculating Infinity is fucking amazing and makes me wonder how bands like Tool can sell millions of records while DEP are around.

They deserve your praise more than any other current band, people.

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 04:03 PM
i enjoy them

Aeris Hilton
09-10-2005, 04:10 PM
i like them

NJ HARDCORE

FearFactory
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
i like them

NJ HARDCORE

This band is far beyond being simply labeled a "hardcore" band and you damn well know it, Sean. They're one of the most important bands to come along in a long time.

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
they've been around for AGES though

FearFactory
09-10-2005, 04:42 PM
True, but they've had long breaks due to having to work real jobs, having injuries etc and they've only released two full-length albums.

It's only now that they're starting to get a little more recognition, so hopefully the next album won't take so long to put out.

ryan patrick
09-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by FearFactory

They deserve your praise more than any other current band, people.

they're good, but this is excessive.

their last album was pretty lame.

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 04:45 PM
my friends band supported them once. i think you'd like them.

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
and you never replied to my very kind pm :mad:

COG
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I think DEP is pretty cool, they are insanely talented musians.

FearFactory
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ryan patrick

they're good, but this is excessive.

their last album was pretty lame.

No way. You're crazy.

FearFactory
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by dean moriaty
my friends band supported them once. i think you'd like them.

What's the band's name?

And I knew you were gonna say something about that PM you sent to me before I entered this thread now. I thank you for the offer, but no, I don't want you to sit on my lap while we ride the bus together.

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
fair enough.

www.thefinalsigh.co.uk

dean moriaty
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
my friends the one that looks a bit like a musketeer btw

Fattening Ass
09-11-2005, 02:52 AM
shut up, brad

I'm Hardcore
09-11-2005, 03:22 AM
you're comparing Tool to DEP? thats pretty off

FearFactory
09-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by I'm Hardcore
you're comparing Tool to DEP? thats pretty off

The Dillinger Escape Plan are better at doing what they do than Tool are. Tool have major label and knuckle-headed jock support. It's funny to hear Maynard whine about bands like limp bizkit and korn when a good deal of their fanbase like those bands.

Or, to put it in simpler terms that your sxe-lifestyle, roundhouse-kicking dumbass can understand: DEP>>>>>>>>>Tool.

smashingjj
09-11-2005, 01:37 PM

The Dillinger Escape Plan are better at doing what they do than Tool are. Tool have major label and knuckle-headed jock support. It's funny to hear Maynard whine about bands like limp bizkit and korn when a good deal of their fanbase like those bands.

Or, to put it in simpler terms that your sxe-lifestyle, roundhouse-kicking dumbass can understand: DEP>>>>>>>>>Tool. that might be true (or not), but you're still comparing two bands that have absolutely nothing to do with each other

FearFactory
09-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
that might be true (or not), but you're still comparing two bands that have absolutely nothing to do with each other

Do you not understand what I'm trying to say? Here is the connection: I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY A LESSER BAND SELLS MORE RECORDS THAN A BAND WHICH IS MORE TALENTED.

smashingjj
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
are you on the rag?

wally
09-11-2005, 08:29 PM
are you on the rag? :rofl:

FearFactory
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
are you on the rag?

Yes I am, and you know what happens when you mess with a bitch on the rag!

sosnumculfer
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
the title of this thread made milk come out of my nose

AND I WASN'T EVEN DRINKING MILK!!

FearFactory
09-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by sosnumculfer
the title of this thread made milk come out of my nose

AND I WASN'T EVEN DRINKING MILK!!

Judging by your user name, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's cum.

sosnumculfer
09-11-2005, 11:41 PM

i dont see the connection

ZackZ
09-11-2005, 11:51 PM

Do you not understand what I'm trying to say? Here is the connection: I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY A LESSER BAND SELLS MORE RECORDS THAN A BAND WHICH IS MORE TALENTED.

That's a pretty stupid statement. I hope you aren't serious.

Phobophile
09-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ

That's a pretty stupid statement. I hope you aren't serious.

Half serious. I understand the part about Tool being on a major label and therefore receiving more support from both the promo department at the label and the radio stations/mtv.

Perhaps they're just too complex a band for most people to comprehend.

I'm Hardcore
09-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Or, to put it in simpler terms that your sxe-lifestyle, roundhouse-kicking dumbass can understand: DEP>>>>>>>>>Tool.

are you really that fucking stupid?

i wanted you to answer my question , not attack the dignity of Tool fans. Im not a jock. I listen to maybe, 5 metal bands??

Maynard has no choice over his fanbase, be they Korn fans of fucking Blind Guardian fans.

And what does the major label support have to do with it?? Sonic Youth have the same support, and they're still more fucking original than anyone else.

talk show host
09-12-2005, 01:23 AM

Or, to put it in simpler terms that your sxe-lifestyle, roundhouse-kicking dumbass can understand: DEP>>>>>>>>>Tool.[/COLOR]

Go fuck yourself

kthxbye

Phobophile
09-12-2005, 01:28 AM

are you really that fucking stupid?

i wanted you to answer my question , not attack the dignity of Tool fans. Im not a jock. I listen to maybe, 5 metal bands??

Maynard has no choice over his fanbase, be they Korn fans of fucking Blind Guardian fans.

And what does the major label support have to do with it?? Sonic Youth have the same support, and they're still more fucking original than anyone else.

Hey, you got more out of the response than you asked for. Some people should consider themselves so lucky.

Tool are not a metal band, neither are limp bizkit or korn. Hey, neither are DEP!

The Dillinger Escape Plan make music that far surpasses anything that Tool could ever dream of, a band that everyone shits themselves talking about creating complex songs and how "they sold their soul to the devil". Fucking shut up. They're a good band, but musically they're a block and a half behind the collective known as The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I'm Hardcore
09-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile
and how "they sold their soul to the devil".

what the fuck are you talking about man?

Deleted_User
09-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile

Perhaps they're just too complex a band for most people to comprehend. i used to say this constantly about tool when i was 14.

shut up brad.

Brute Squad
09-12-2005, 02:00 AM
Brad, just appreciate that fact that they're not ridiculously huge. I enjoy being able to go see a band play for less than $20 where I can actually see them on stage. The reason that not many people get DEP is because a lot of people just can't handle loud intense screaming over extremely compilcated mind-blowing music. It sounds like good stuff to me. They're only going to get so big, because their potential audience is only so big.

MMBKG
09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Tool doesn't have control over its fanbase. I'm sure Radiohead doesn't enjoy having a bunch of cock-knot hipsters for fans.

I like how people just are too simple for DEP. Like no one just plain doesn't like them. It's impossible. They must not understand!

wally
09-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, after further review, The DEP gets lumped into the same category as Yngwie Malmsteen.

Sure, they may be great musicians, but they get boring real quick.

Fattening Ass
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
lol DEP ain't all that.

FearFactory
09-12-2005, 09:42 PM

what the fuck are you talking about man?

What, you haven't heard that stupid rumor that the guys from Tool sold their soul to be so good? I've heard it from every dork who doesn't know shit about shit.

FearFactory
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong
Brad, just appreciate that fact that they're not ridiculously huge. I enjoy being able to go see a band play for less than $20 where I can actually see them on stage. The reason that not many people get DEP is because a lot of people just can't handle loud intense screaming over extremely compilcated mind-blowing music. It sounds like good stuff to me. They're only going to get so big, because their potential audience is only so big.

There's a fine line, though. I mean, they get too big and a lot of older fans start calling them "sellouts".. but if they don't sell enough records or make enough through tours/merchandise, then they have to go back to day jobs.. working at restraunts in NJ, etc.

I'd like to see them become successful enough where they don't have to abandon their abilities that make them such an amazing band.

I'm Hardcore
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM

I've heard it from every dork who doesn't know shit about shit.[/COLOR]

thats probably why i know nothing about it

FearFactory
09-13-2005, 11:15 PM

thats probably why i know nothing about it

That's good to hear. It's fucking ridiculous. Look, I like Tool (despite the fact that I haven't listened to them in ages) and everything.. they just shouldn't be selling more records than DEP - and they didn't sell their fucking souls. Not that they have any such thing to sell in the first place.

But whatever. I like them and that's all that should really matter.

sosnumculfer
09-14-2005, 10:15 PM

That's good to hear. It's fucking ridiculous. Look, I like Tool (despite the fact that I haven't listened to them in ages) and everything.. they just shouldn't be selling more records than DEP - and they didn't sell their fucking souls. Not that they have any such thing to sell in the first place.

But whatever. I like them and that's all that should really matter. '

shut up. you are still under Owned status.

FearFactory
09-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sosnumculfer
'

shut up. you are still under Owned status.

Uh.. yeah, whatever you dumb faggot.