View Full Version : Most Overrated Album

schaadow
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
The Critics love it, Your friends love it, but you think it sucks.

Mine - Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom.
Now I like Sublime (to an extent) but this album makes me nauseous. Plus as somewhat of a Grateful Dead fan the Scarlet Begonias cover with the stupid hippy rap makes me irate.
You?

AndySlash
09-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Critics loved 40 Oz. to Freedom?

My vote goes to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I just haven't been able to get into it. At all. I'm done trying.

schaadow
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash

Good question, I kinda meant one or the other. But everyone I went to school with adored the album and I couldn't escape it. I agree with you on Yankee Hotel though - it is not the masterpiece everyone makes it out ot be.

AndySlash
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
My buddy wants to get the sun logo from 40oz as a tattoo.

schaadow
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
My buddy wants to get the sun logo from 40oz as a tattoo.

that's original.

spa ced
09-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Anything by Spoon.

ravenguy2000
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM

My vote goes to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I just haven't been able to get into it. At all. I'm done trying.

YHF is probably my least favorite Wilco record. I still like it a lot but I only like about half of it, really so I know what you mean.

Shapan
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by schaadow
The Critics love it, Your friends love it, but you think it sucks.

Mine - Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom.
Now I like Sublime (to an extent) but this album makes me nauseous. Plus as somewhat of a Grateful Dead fan the Scarlet Begonias cover with the stupid hippy rap makes me irate.
You?

i like that album, but i do think it is overrated. people see the title and think they're cool for liking it. listen kid, you'll never be cool.

their self-titled album is awesome, though.

Egadsman
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Kid A

It's not aging very well, me thinks.

Mayfuck
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Egadsman
Kid A

No way, that album still sounds years ahead of anything else put out today and I think it's always gonna be that way. It's timeless.

Crono
09-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by spa ced
Anything by Spoon.

Por que? I think Kill the Moonlight has some misses, but Series of Sneaks and Gimme Fiction are pretty much dead on. Gimme Fiction has a few missteps, but they're generally inbedded in the songs rather than being the songs themselves. I can't comment on their earlier work quite yet.

Luke de Spa
09-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi, yeah, this pretty much has to be Loveless.

It's good. But that's all.

schaadow
09-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Crono

Por que? I think Kill the Moonlight has some misses, but Series of Sneaks and Gimme Fiction are pretty much dead on. Gimme Fiction has a few missteps, but they're generally inbedded in the songs rather than being the songs themselves. I can't comment on their earlier work quite yet.
Series of Sneaks is earlier work, I'd say Girls Can Tell is their best though (with no misses)

homechicago
09-05-2005, 11:59 PM
no surprises here,

x&y

i will say however, that at least mojo didn't go crazy for it. 3/5 stars, but not kissing butt in the article.

daydreamer999
09-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
Hi, yeah, this pretty much has to be Loveless.

It's good. But that's all.

this is exactly what i was going to say

i find it ridiculous that so many people will go as far as to claim that this is the best album of the 90's

Crono
09-06-2005, 01:53 AM

Series of Sneaks is earlier work, I'd say Girls Can Tell is their best though (with no misses)

Yeah, I fucked that one up.

I'm Hardcore
09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by daydreamer999

this is exactly what i was going to say

i find it ridiculous that so many people will go as far as to claim that this is the best album of the 90's

man, i think "Loveless" is great...but Slowdive beat the pants off MBV.
Definetly an overrated album.

daydreamer999
09-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by I'm Hardcore

man, i think "Loveless" is great...but Slowdive beat the pants off MBV.
Definetly an overrated album.

ahahaha

i was going to add 'slowdive - souvlaki' to the list

Shapan
09-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Egadsman
Kid A

kid A is brilliant, i dont think it was taken in so well by everyone either.

daydreamer999
09-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Shapan

kid A is brilliant, i dont think it was taken in so well by everyone either.

oh please, almost any journalist who wasn't writing for entertainment weekly fucking jizzed over the thing

and rightfully so

I'm Hardcore
09-06-2005, 03:38 AM

ahahaha

i was going to add 'slowdive - souvlaki' to the list

fuck you man, go listen to Kanye West

talk show host
09-06-2005, 03:48 AM

fuck you man, go listen to Kanye West

By far and away the best thing he's ever done is diss Bush on national TV

Shapan
09-06-2005, 03:50 AM

oh please, almost any journalist who wasn't writing for entertainment weekly fucking jizzed over the thing

and rightfully so

i know some radiohead fans took a long time to accept that album as the masterpiece it is.

I'm Hardcore
09-06-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by talk show host

By far and away the best thing he's ever done is diss Bush on national TV

dude his music is awesome

talk show host
09-06-2005, 03:58 AM

dude his music is awesome

:2thumbsup

ChristHimself!
09-06-2005, 05:03 AM
in the aeroplane over the sea is ok but people here seem to try and do backflips to eat out their own arse in joy whenever it's mentioned.

nevermind

i never really got into any of the weezer stuff i've heard

dean moriaty
09-06-2005, 05:27 AM
i love YHF. only little quibble is i don't think heavy metal drummer fits that well into the album

I'm Hardcore
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
the Foo Fighters are overrated.

Sonic Johnny
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Radiohead - OK Computer.

talk show host
09-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds
in the aeroplane over the sea is ok but people here seem to try and do backflips to eat out their own arse in joy whenever it's mentioned.

I have to say i really dig this album.

Rockin' Cherub
09-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty
i love YHF. only little quibble is i don't think heavy metal drummer fits that well into the album
but the chorus is SO catchy!

funny, i like yhf a lot and the other wilco albums i've heard didn't amaze me at all.

i'd say london calling.

Mooney
09-06-2005, 09:30 AM
i mentioned that i thought joy division's closer was overrated a couple of years ago (after only hearing it once.)

i'd like to retract that comment.

Quiet
09-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights

Not necessarily bad, just incredibly boring to me. And YHF is one of my Top 10 favorite albums of all-time.

Trotskilicious
09-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Kanye West - The College Dropout.

Hey, 30 minutes of skits is a good sign that someone is lacking material.

Nimrod's Son
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Hail to the Thief

neopryn
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
YHF is perfect

Quiet
09-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
YHF is perfect

dean moriaty
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
YHF is perfect

it would be if heavy metal drummer wasn't on there

Brute Squad
09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Crono

I'm really just sick of SO many people in Austin creaming themselves about this band.

ravenguy2000
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Hail to the Thief

Yeah, I'm not too big on that one either. I just realized I only really like OK Computer, Kid A, and about half of The Bends.

So I'll say The Bends for my vote.

relaxor!
09-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Sgt Pepper.

COG
09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
No one has mentioned Nevermind?! WTF!? How does this make it to page two without that being *******d. Album of the 90's? I think not.

Axl Rose
09-06-2005, 10:18 PM

I know what your sayin dude, i really just can't get into it either, know matter how hard i try!:D

wHATcOLOR
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Axl Rose

I know what your sayin dude, i really just can't get into it either, know matter how hard i try!:D

i know what both of you dudes are sayin, even though i haven't tried very hard:D

Fathoms (unadored)
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Loveless
Spiderland

I think Kid A has aged remarkably well. Ok Computer doesn't seem so special anymore though. :( ... I guess that's a different thread altogether.

Trotskilicious
09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
OK Computer is the step between The Bends and Kid A. Honestly, I felt that the Airbag: How is My Driving EP was > OK Comput4r.

Crono
09-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong

I'm really just sick of SO many people in Austin creaming themselves about this band.

Definitely understandable.

talk show host
09-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Trotskilicious
OK Computer is the step between The Bends and Kid A. Honestly, I felt that the Airbag: How is My Driving EP was > OK Comput4r.

:eek:

I think they're all amazing albums. OK Computer almost seems more relevant now then when it came out.

kiwi
09-07-2005, 02:20 AM

:eek:

I think they're all amazing albums. OK Computer almost seems more relevant now then when it came out.
yes because you listened to it when it came out right?

daydreamer999
09-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by kiwi

i was going to make the exact same post, but i thought it was too easy

isn't this coming from the guy who's favourite radiohead album is hail to the thief anyway?

I'm Hardcore
09-07-2005, 02:49 AM

somehow i dont think that was the point he was trying to make

talk show host
09-07-2005, 03:17 AM

Yup, my step sister was a big Radiohead fan back in the day so I heard it when she played it on the weekends.

i was going to make the exact same post, but i thought it was too easy

isn't this coming from the guy who's favourite radiohead album is hail to the thief anyway?

lol@the Hail To The Thief thing. Not at all, but nice try.

somehow i dont think that was the point he was trying to make

Correctamundo

Shapan
09-07-2005, 03:33 AM
hmmm, a few things.

the foo fighters have been overrated, but they havent really been the band in rock n roll at any time. dave grohl needs to stay behind a drum kit, hes amazing there.

it only seemed like the bends as an album was appreciated after ok computer came out. sure fake plastic trees was a pretty big hit and people liked the just video, but in the states i dont think anyone was calling the bends an amazing album until after ok computer. its very close but i might prefer the bends over ok computer.

hail to the thief was received as a good album, people were hoping for another ok computer, but they didnt get it. (i dont think ok computer was a step between kid A and the bends, i think it was radiohead simply growing and doing the bends better. hail to the thief is like a mix of ok computer and kid A.) it was an album by the best band in rock n roll today, but no one thought it was radiohead's best, or even 2nd best.

i think ok computer deserves the credit it gets. nevermind by nirvana is blown over a bit by people, but it was an important CD that told hair bands to fuck off and brought the music of the rest of the 90s and what most modern bands are trying to do to the radio. in that way i do think it was the most important CD of the 90s, plus its just a damn good CD.

turn on the bright lights is an awesome album, but people did go a little too crazy about interpol around that time. granted without that craziness i wouldve have never heard the band and i really, really like them, but some critics labeled them as saviors. they're just a very good band who hopefully can reinvent themselves a bit in their next album so they dont lose everyone's interest, including mine. if you make three albums that sound exactly alike you generally fall off my radar.

oh and a lot of people didnt listen to ok computer as it hit the shelves, so who gives a fuck. if the bends had gotten more attention, than ok computer wouldve probably done better on the charts. hell, i dont think ok comp even hit the US billboard's top 10.

Luke de Spa
09-07-2005, 04:32 AM

where's erics trip that guy is crazy

don brash don brash

Yup, my step sister was a big Radiohead fan back in the day so I heard it when she played it on the weekends.

hey steve let's talk about colin

man it was hilarious when you said that thing at school tim

Correctamundo
See, this is what I'm fucking talking about. You have to stop replying to each other. If you can't get enough of each other get a fucking civil union. Extra "fuck" for emphasis: FUCK.

talk show host
09-07-2005, 04:36 AM

See, this is what I'm fucking talking about. You have to stop replying to each other. If you can't get enough of each other get a fucking civil union. Extra "fuck" for emphasis: FUCK.

Usually you do better then that. Are you having an off night or something?

Luke de Spa
09-07-2005, 04:54 AM
I can hear "Grey's Anatomy" in the other room.

So yes.

ChristHimself!
09-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Oh yeah, spiderland too. Definitely.

bloop
09-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Loveless.

Just kidding. Dark Side of the Moon is probably a little overrated at least, as far as their albums go. Jeff Buckley's Grace might fit the bill somewhat, too, but I do love moments on that album.

Tchocky
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Smashing Pumpkins - MCIS

Only about half of this album deserved to be an album. The other half was filler. Hell, many of the B-sides of the singles are better than a great deal of the tripe the band left on the album.

Go ahead and flay me alive. You know I'm right.

Tchocky
09-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread when I first heard it. I find now that the only track I still listen to from that album is Bitch Please II. And it only has Eminem at the end of the track, go figure.

Trotskilicious
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM

Correctamundo
See, this is what I'm fucking talking about. You have to stop replying to each other. If you can't get enough of each other get a fucking civil union. Extra "fuck" for emphasis: FUCK. [/B][/QUOTE]

How in the hell did you have quotes in quotes!?

transluscent
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Tchocky
Smashing Pumpkins - MCIS

Only about half of this album deserved to be an album. The other half was filler. Hell, many of the B-sides of the singles are better than a great deal of the tripe the band left on the album.

Go ahead and flay me alive. You know I'm right.
I dig, but there were some fucking amazing B-sides on that.

Tchocky
09-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by transluscent

I dig, but there were some fucking amazing B-sides on that.

Yep. Most of which were on the Zero single, though Cherry and Set The Ray...were great as well.

Shapan
09-08-2005, 12:05 AM

Yep. Most of which were on the Zero single, though Cherry and Set The Ray...were great as well.

i think mcis is brilliant front to back, and i know a lot of people around here think the same.

but its already been said, its like going to the pumpkins board and doing a combine the machinas post again. (which i sadly did in my early posting. :()

Trotskilicious
09-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Cupid de Locke.

Tchocky
09-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Shapan

i think mcis is brilliant front to back, and i know a lot of people around here think the same.

I'm sorry.

neopryn
09-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Cupid de Locke. good song

Luke de Spa
09-08-2005, 12:43 AM
See, this is what I'm fucking talking about. You have to stop replying to each other. If you can't get enough of each other get a fucking civil union. Extra "fuck" for emphasis: FUCK. How in the hell did you have quotes in quotes!? With magic? Um. Don't they just nest happily?

we'llhavefantasticpassion

Yes.

alisonmonster
09-08-2005, 12:44 AM
does trotskilicious really listen to SP? I thought he was only all about hip hop and death metal.

xaphirbryan
09-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Deloused in Craptorium.

hated it.

Rockin' Cherub
09-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
Loveless
Spiderland

nah

Trotskilicious
09-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
does trotskilicious really listen to SP? I thought he was only all about hip hop and death metal.

I don't listen to death metal.

bitey's ghost
09-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Ummm 40z to freedom is pretty good.

neopryn
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
does trotskilicious really listen to SP? I thought he was only all about hip hop and death metal. his name used to be Mr. Rhinoceros

Trotskilicious
09-08-2005, 02:21 PM
I saw the next-to-last-show in Chicago.

smashingjj
09-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bitey's ghost
Ummm 40z to freedom is pretty good. ummm no one cares what you have to say.

slunky_munky
09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
OK Computer - Radiohead
As much as I like Radiohead I still don't own this album. I've made do with my crappy copy on tape I got off a friend in '97. I still like most of the tracks on it, but I've never felt compelled to actually own it. Maybe I'm just cheap.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Love Floyd but of all their great-middle era albums this is one that I turn to least. Still a great album, but I can't see it as one of the best ever when I can think of 3-4 better Floyd albums

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's
I guess you had to be there when it came out. Listening to it now it seems like a good idea over good songs. There are a few legendary tracks and a heap of forgettable songs.

bitey's ghost
09-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
ummm no one cares what you have to say.

You're an idiot and so is the guy that posted after you.

Mayfuck
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Ummm 40z to freedom is pretty good.

:rofl:

smashingjj
09-08-2005, 06:30 PM

You're an idiot and so is the guy that posted after you. :rockon: :rockon: MMMMAAAAAAYYYYNNAAAARDDDD :rockon: :rockon:

thanks for giving me a chance to post this

smashingjj
09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
and have fun listening to insane clown posse, you fag

<id love to see you get angry at that again>

Tchocky
09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by xaphirbryan
Deloused in Craptorium.

hated it.

Ditto.

Somebody please explain to me the appeal of the convoluted clusterfuck that is The Mars Volta.

bitey's ghost
09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
and have fun listening to insane clown posse, you fag

<id love to see you get angry at that again>

I never have and never will be a fan of ICP.

I think the fag label would more suit someone with your musical tastes anyhow.

xaphirbryan
09-09-2005, 12:04 AM

Ditto.

Somebody please explain to me the appeal of the convoluted clusterfuck that is The Mars Volta.

you know chocky,

I never knew how to describe Deloused to anybody, with one word especially. But you my friend have identified that word "clusterfuck"

amazing. thank you.

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-09-2005, 01:39 AM
microphones -the glow pt II

I Want wind to blow is breathtaking. half of the rest of the album is pretty good, but the rest is just boooooring

Fathoms (unadored)
09-09-2005, 02:05 AM
I retract my comments about Ok Computer being overrated. We just had make up sex!

jimmy6
09-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Erm, I can't see the fuss over all of U2's albums. I never liked them and I know lots of people who would hang, draw and quarter me if I said it too them. What am I missing?

I'm also not a chilli's fan and I have tried to listen to them, live albums *******d, but they still don't do it for me. I also know lots of people who would hang, draw and quarter me for saying it but I'm taller then they are and they still have bedtimes to be in by - bless the youth.:rolleyes:

agenda suicide
09-10-2005, 05:15 PM

I don't listen to death metal.

does your user name have anything to do with trust kill records?

Tchocky
09-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by jimmy6
Erm, I can't see the fuss over all of U2's albums. I never liked them and I know lots of people who would hang, draw and quarter me if I said it too them. What am I missing?

I'm also not a chilli's fan and I have tried to listen to them, live albums *******d, but they still don't do it for me. I also know lots of people who would hang, draw and quarter me for saying it but I'm taller then they are and they still have bedtimes to be in by - bless the youth.:rolleyes:

Love U2, but could never get into the Chili Peppers. Flea is the best bassist in rock, though.

Trotskilicious
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by deathofromeo

No.

D.
09-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by slunky_munky
OK Computer - Radiohead
As much as I like Radiohead I still don't own this album. I've made do with my crappy copy on tape I got off a friend in '97. I still like most of the tracks on it, but I've never felt compelled to actually own it. Maybe I'm just cheap.
go to your local library. that's where i got mine.

Quiet
09-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd like to add Sufjan Stevens' "Illinois" to this list. I liked it at first, but I'm really getting sick of it. I think it's mainly that damn choir that bothers me... I can't stand the sound of their voices, and it ruins several of the songs for me. A lot of it sounds very same-ish as well, and it just has this overall cutesiness that makes me want to vomit at times. And I'm sick of hearing about how it's the best album of the year... "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" and "Picaresque" are both much, much better in my opinion.

"John Wayne Gacy, Jr." is still a great song though.

AndySlash
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by deathofromeo

schaadow
09-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
I'd like to add Sufjan Stevens' "Illinois" to this list. I liked it at first, but I'm really getting sick of it. I think it's mainly that damn choir that bothers me... I can't stand the sound of their voices, and it ruins several of the songs for me. A lot of it sounds very same-ish as well, and it just has this overall cutesiness that makes me want to vomit at times. And I'm sick of hearing about how it's the best album of the year.
I totally agree, only I felt this way on first listen. And now that you mention it and speaking of annoying voices I'd like to add everything Bright Eyes has ever done to the list.

schaadow
09-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
I'd like to add Sufjan Stevens' "Illinois" to this list. I liked it at first, but I'm really getting sick of it. I think it's mainly that damn choir that bothers me... I can't stand the sound of their voices, and it ruins several of the songs for me. A lot of it sounds very same-ish as well, and it just has this overall cutesiness that makes me want to vomit at times. And I'm sick of hearing about how it's the best album of the year.
sorry, double post.

Quiet
09-16-2005, 02:29 PM

I totally agree, only I felt this way on first listen. And now that you mention it and speaking of annoying voices I'd like to add everything Bright Eyes has ever done to the list.

Good to know I'm not the only one out there who doesn't like it. I do like Bright Eyes though.

neopryn
09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
sufjan is great but i think it is a tad overrated. when i heard come on feel the illinoise (the song) i thought it was amazing and then i found out the choir was on every song

Rockin' Cherub
09-16-2005, 02:51 PM
i like michigan better

dean moriaty
09-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
i like seven swans better

seriously

bloop
09-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm one of those that rather likes Sufjan's "choral/community theater" vibe, at least I do in the case of that album. I have Picaresque just under Illinois, and the Bright Eyes record at number 11 or something like that, as it should be.

So, yeah, Illinois at number 1 for now sounds good to me.

Most of what I think of as overrated is probably just very popular to the point that it's nauseatingly overplayed, so I'm not sure I want to cast a vote yet.

schaadow
09-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bloop

Most of what I think of as overrated is probably just very popular to the point that it's nauseatingly overplayed, so I'm not sure I want to cast a vote yet.
I live where there isn't any decent radio stations. So I am going on personal opinion rather than it being overplayed. And my opinion is that it's just not as awesome as most seem to believe.

marrs-guitar
09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
beach boys - pet sounds
it's a good record, but to be widely cited as one of the all-time musical masterpieces???

bloop
09-17-2005, 10:17 AM

I live where there isn't any decent radio stations. So I am going on personal opinion rather than it being overplayed. And my opinion is that it's just not as awesome as most seem to believe.

I figured seeing as Sufjan is never on the radio that I've heard (possibly XM, I guess).

I meant that I'm basically tired of bands like AC/DC or RHCP, who just get rotated so much, but I don't think either band is bad.

Many other bands with heavy rotation aren't rated very highly, critically-speaking, so to call them overrated is kind of wrong as well. But, I suppose they might be overrated in some other sense.

As for Sufjan, I can completely understand people's turn-offs and hang-ups even if I don't share them.

beach boys - pet sounds
it's a good record, but to be widely cited as one of the all-time musical masterpieces???

It kind of is.

Varien
09-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Nevermind :erm

bloop
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
^kind of a stock answer, isn't it?

Varien
09-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bloop
^kind of a stock answer, isn't it?

Oh i agree totally, but it's fucking true isnt it?

GreenEggsNSpam
09-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jimmy6

Kanye West - The College Dropout.

Hey, 30 minutes of skits is a good sign that someone is lacking material. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

dean moriaty
09-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Varien
Nevermind :erm

yes

dean moriaty
09-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by marrs-guitar
beach boys - pet sounds

no

relaxor!
09-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I realize that their albums are loved across the board but I just have to say that Led Zeppelin III is pretty dumb, and disappointing. Not because it doesn't Rock but because the songwriting especially on the folksy second half, sucks. Tangerine makes me cringe.

Rockin' Cherub
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
tangerine is fucking awesome and my second favourite song on the album. i love the guitar effect on the solo.

relaxor!
09-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Geez. No way man.

Rockin' Cherub
09-18-2005, 04:09 PM
:( yes.

gallow's pole is even better.

houses of the holy is my favourite led zeppelin album right now though.

relaxor!
09-18-2005, 04:12 PM
That's cool. I respect that.
And I'm not some big rokk dude who needs to hear When the levee breaks to get off or something. III just never hit it off for me. It's like, I'd much rather hear the nice folksy stuff (Going to California or Over the Hill and Far Away) in the midst of other conflicting emotions. It just serves Zeppelin better I think to have their soft songs in among big rock boulders.

Rockin' Cherub
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
going to california is better than any song on III for sure.