View Full Version : Best moment in rock history

Fathoms (unadored)
09-04-2005, 03:29 AM
The last minute of Moonage Daydream!

Kills me everytime!

Shapan
09-04-2005, 05:37 AM
we should make this a your favorite rock n roll moments thread. dont see how u can limit to one. for me a few stand out.

-my first cd was nevermind when i was like 8, i couldnt put it down.
-the title track for mellon collie, i was floored by how beautiful it sounded.
-street spirit (fade out) closing the bends by radiohead. wow. (side note, when i first listened to hail to the thief i thought 2+2=5 was one of the best things radiohead did and got overly stoked for an album which i enjoy, but doesnt touch radiohead's other albums sans pablo honey.)
-my best friend loaned my led zeppelin I freshman year.
-meeting queens of the stone age and brody dalle
-the pixies reuniting

there are plenty more but ill leave it at that for now.

Izzle
09-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Europe playing The Final Countdown on a floating platform in Stockholm (or was it Oslo?) harbour just before 00:00 on millenium night

homechicago
09-04-2005, 11:52 AM
for me, it was u2's elevation tour when it came to chicago weeks after 911. i felt hopeful again.

Sonic Johnny
09-04-2005, 12:32 PM
the beginning of that butthole surfers album:

"by the way son, if you should see your mother this weekend, be sure to tell her SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!"

Shapan
09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Sonic Johnny
the beginning of that butthole surfers album:

"by the way son, if you should see your mother this weekend, be sure to tell her SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!"

could you recommend me an album? the best one? ive been wanting to get into them for a while after i learned that they toured with nirvana and that nirvana loved them.

smashingjj
09-04-2005, 04:06 PM
whenever i touch a guitar

Fonzie
09-04-2005, 11:43 PM
The hotel at Montreux catching fire during a Mothers Of Invention gig.

Fonzie
09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Fonzie
The hotel at Montreux catching fire during a Mothers Of Invention gig.

<font size=7>DA DA DA, DA DA DA-DAAAA, DA DA DA, DA DA</font>

sleeper
09-05-2005, 12:12 AM
i really hate the term rock history. or when people refer to rock as this venerable, folkloric thing; philosophizing about the 'spirt of rock' or go on with this childish woodstock worship. what a crock of shit. the only thing worse is this utterly phony and contrived "rock journalism" bullshit, which is groupthink at its nadir. even still, the only thing worse than rock in this regard is punk

Dead
09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
In this Marilyn Manson tour dvd I bought at an asian mall for $6, when he pees through his pants on the stage, and they zoom in under his crotch.

just kiddin, that was uncalled for, nasty. Some girls were showing their boobs in that vid tho, I only watched 3 songs.

Erics Trip
09-05-2005, 04:31 AM
When the drummer from Def Lepperd lost his arm.

Rockin' Cherub
09-05-2005, 12:21 PM
i don't know if this fits in here but i think the "you and me" part in low by rem is my favourite moment in a song ever.

schaadow
09-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Iggy and the Stooges - Search and Destroy

"I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm"

that song, to me, is the epitome of rock n roll.