View Full Version : merzbow live?

sweetmusk
09-01-2005, 03:44 PM
im going to see merzbow at the knitting factory next week, has anybody ever seen him perform?

jim o'rourke is playing with carlos griffoni and double leopards are there too. im psyched.

FearFactory
09-01-2005, 08:14 PM
I saw him perform with Mike Patton as Maldoror.

It was pretty noisy.

disslunker
09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
i'm seeing him(them?) at the arthurfest this weekend!!!
AND SONIC YOUTH!!!

FearFactory
09-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by disslunker
i'm seeing him(them?) at the arthurfest this weekend!!!
AND SONIC YOUTH!!!

Wow, you must be really excited to be typing in all caps about a band that sucks major balls live.

Sonic Johnny
09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by FearFactory

Wow, you must be really excited to be typing in all caps about a band that sucks major balls live.

i've never ever met anyone who didnt like them when they saw them live.

sweetmusk
09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by FearFactory

they are pretty cool live, the problem is that their recent material is tame.

MMBKG
09-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Why pay to get in when you can find someone to fuck you in the ear for free?

I just don't get the Merz.

strange_one
09-04-2005, 07:31 PM
<font color=33FFFF> well he isn't the most dynamic performer - he just sits there switching his eyes back and forth between two laptops. I enjoyed his set when I saw him though</font>

FearFactory
09-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by To Me My Board!
<font color=33FFFF> well he isn't the most dynamic performer - he just sits there switching his eyes back and forth between two laptops. I enjoyed his set when I saw him though</font>

yeah, oh my goshes - macintoshes!

Sonic Johnny
09-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by To Me My Board!

dude. he does shows where he throws a mic on the ground, gets it to feedback, then just phases it through shit, slams his piano, then throws himself on the ground screaming for 8 minutes in japan.

too bad.

sweetmusk
09-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sonic Johnny

he does shows where he throws a mic on the ground, gets it to feedback, then just phases it through shit, slams his piano, then throws himself on the ground screaming for 8 minutes in japan.

i hope this happens.