Fonzie
08-31-2005, 01:15 AM
http://www.libertarianz.org.nz/

Support Libertarianz
0900 LIBERTY (0900 542378)
Calls cost $10.

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 01:58 AM
I had a look at their site. I can never understand these kind of guys' absolute faith in the ability of charities to meet the basic needs of the destitute in lieu of tax-funded universal state initiatives.

I mean, what I'd expect to happen if education was completely privatised would be that the children of those who can't afford to foot the bill would end up in religious schools or corporate (e.g. Coke- or McDonalds-) schools — or on the street. I hate the idea of the poor being reduced to being the instruments of powerful interest groups (or simply left to fall by the wayside), and I'm happy to pay tax to prevent this. If there are compelling arguments to suggest that this wouldn't happen in a libertarian society, well, I want to see them.

(And yes, I am saying that religious schools are a bad thing, but that's another kettle of fish entirely.)

I'm Hardcore
08-31-2005, 02:02 AM
LDS, do you live in Auckland?

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Wellington - the chlamydia capital of New Zealand

talk show host
08-31-2005, 02:06 AM
Isn't it

Originally posted by mercurial
Hamilton - the chlamydia capital of New Zealand

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:09 AM
nope - pretty sure it's Wellington

you do realise I made that up yeah?

I'm Hardcore
08-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Hamilton shouldnt even be considered civilisation

talk show host
08-31-2005, 02:10 AM
nope - pretty sure it's Wellington

you do realise I made that up yeah?

lolz, I didn't actually. I was pretty sure one of our cities actually was the chlamydia capital of the world. My bad.

And yea, fuck Hamilton

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 02:17 AM
No, I am not in Auckland, yes, I am in Wellington, no, I do not have chlamydia. YOU have chlamydia.

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Hamiltron baby, city of the future

There are worse things than living in Hamilton ... you could be living in Huntly!

Or as I like to refer to it ... Cuntly!

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
No, I am not in Auckland, yes, I am in Wellington, no, I do not have chlamydia. YOU have chlamydia.

shyah! ... you would say that wouldn't you?

next thing you're going to try and tell me you were born in Gore and you're not a dirty-gay-man-hiding-in-the-bushes ... whatever buddy!

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 02:23 AM
I was born in Invercargill. Close enough to perfection, I guess.

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:34 AM
oh dearrrrr

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 02:42 AM
Not quite — living in Christchurch will beat that out of you within six months.

mercurial
08-31-2005, 02:45 AM
So what the hell is up with cantabs blaming their kookiness on the wind direction?

That shit is fucked up.

I mean, if you're from Auckland, and you're a fucked up motherfucker, you blame it on the fact that you live in a shithole - end of story!

And also you blame it on P

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 04:21 PM
There's this hot norwesterly wind that (apparently) makes people crazy. I don't know how it's supposed to do this, but that's the story.

mxzombie
08-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
There's this hot norwesterly wind that (apparently) makes people crazy. I don't know how it's supposed to do this, but that's the story. there's a wind that goes through santa ana, california that has the same effect

mercurial
08-31-2005, 07:47 PM
See ... this is why I hate Cuntly so much

From todays herald ...

Officer's cat cut in half

The family cat of a police officer who investigated a case in which two Huntly teenagers burned cats alive has been cut in half and dumped outside the town's police station.

Huntly Senior Sergeant Blair Donaldson arrived at the station, across the road from his house, last Monday and found his 18-month-old Persian cat Patsy had been killed.

"She had been ripped in half and left in the police station car park," Mr Donaldson said.

He said his wife and children were devastated. The cat had been a Christmas present for his children. He did not know who had killed Patsy.

Luke de Spa
08-31-2005, 08:37 PM
People are evil. I can't understand how someone would be able to do that.

DeviousJ
08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
The way that story tails off is really sad. They make him sound so dejected

mercurial
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
That's Huntly for you ... I find myself getting depressed as soon as I'm within 10 clicks of that godforsaken town

I find myself wanting to quit my job, get on the dole, start drinking cheap bourbon and cola and get the missus up the duff.

Fonzie
08-31-2005, 08:51 PM
See ... this is why I hate Cuntly so much

From todays herald ...

Officer's cat cut in half

The family cat of a police officer who investigated a case in which two Huntly teenagers burned cats alive has been cut in half and dumped outside the town's police station.

Huntly Senior Sergeant Blair Donaldson arrived at the station, across the road from his house, last Monday and found his 18-month-old Persian cat Patsy had been killed.

"She had been ripped in half and left in the police station car park," Mr Donaldson said.

He said his wife and children were devastated. The cat had been a Christmas present for his children. He did not know who had killed Patsy.

yeah, the 2 fucks he caught were given 9 month prison sentences. There is a picture of them in the paper today - one is doing "gang symbols" with his hands - apparently he's the junior leader of the Black power in Huntly or something.