View Full Version : All purpose Pearl Jam thread

AndySlash
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Setlist: MFC, Save You, Do the Evolution, 1/2 Full, Insignificance, Given to Fly, Sad, Even Flow, Faithfull, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Lukin, Grievance (stopped), Whipping, I Got Shit, Nothing as it Seems, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1: Small Town, Sleight of Hand, Black, Glorified G, Alive
Encore 2: Bee Girl (Ed & Jeff), Black Red Yellow, Better Man, Porch
Encore 3: Yellow Ledbetter

Notes: Insignificance has some weird vocal effects/emphasis. Lyrics in the ABitW-II tag were modified to a political theme. Bee Girl and Black Red Yellow make their 3rd appearances ever on a PJ setlist. Bee Girl was last played at the Bridge School Benefit on 10.02.1994, and BRY last in Cascais, Portugal on 11.24.1996.
Sonic Reducer was on the setlist but was not played. Undone was on the setlist but they played Black Red Yellow instead. There was a two second break after Lukin and then Matt started to play the drum intro for Grievance but they were completely off. So, they scrapped it and played Whipping instead (which was on the setlist in parenthesis). The entire set was played electric.
----

Man, this tour could be smokin. Good to see stuff on Lost Dogs getting the live treatment- Bee Girl and Black, Red, Yellow show up for the first time in 10 years...

I'll see them in Winnipeg and Thunder Bay (<5000 people) next month. I can't wait.

dean moriaty
08-30-2005, 12:03 PM
that sounds like a great show.

Nimrod's Son
08-30-2005, 12:49 PM
What sucks is that it took Lost Dogs for them to play this stuff

It would have been a treat to die hards years ago

Oh and twice now Wash has been on setlists of shows I attended and not played

Mooney
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
i'm seeing them in three weeks. i'm more excited for pj than i am for the rolling stones which is this saturday.

AndySlash
08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
What sucks is that it took Lost Dogs for them to play this stuff

It would have been a treat to die hards years ago

Better late than never, I guess.

Oh and twice now Wash has been on setlists of shows I attended and not played

Apparently you'll have to follow them around with a sign and then they might play it.

2Marlon2Brando
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
i thought maybe there would be some mp3s in here

Nimrod's Son
08-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash

Apparently you'll have to follow them around with a sign and then they might play it.
I'd rather see "Alone" again.

Fonzie
08-30-2005, 07:21 PM
so no "New" songs? Don't they have an album out soon?

Man, it'd be cool if they make NZ again.

AndySlash
08-30-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm guessing this was sort of a warm up. They're probably familiar with the new stuff. At least I hope so. I'm guessing as the tour goes on we'll see more and more pop in.

Nimrod's Son
08-31-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm guessing this was sort of a warm up. They're probably familiar with the new stuff. At least I hope so. I'm guessing as the tour goes on we'll see more and more pop in. It's pretty much standard operating procedure. They may play one or two on the warmup and then will most likely play one private Seattle gig where they only play all the new stuff

Oh and Oct 3 on the album, supposedly

I wouldn't expect NZ since they are doing a South American tour

celluloid_love
08-31-2005, 03:48 AM
I said 'holy shit' when I saw Bee Girl on there.

Even though I hate that song. :erm

talk show host
08-31-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Fonzie
so no "New" songs? Don't they have an album out soon?

Man, it'd be cool if they make NZ again.

I really wouldn't hold my breath though

daydreamer999
08-31-2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by talk show host

I really wouldn't hold my breath though

yeah, this guy has inside information

if you know what i mean

talk show host
08-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by daydreamer999

if you know what i mean

:erm

.......yyyyyyea...yay for me

:banoonoo:

Fonzie
08-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by daydreamer999

if you know what i mean
Is he Neil Finn's kid?

theForce
09-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice set list. I'm pumped, I'm seeing them in Philly next month.

AndySlash
09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Highlights from tonight's Gorge set so far:

Acoustic set opens with I Believe In Miracles and closes with Hard To Imagine.

Electric set so far has Alone and Undone among other usual suspects. Not For You also.

Sonic Johnny
09-02-2005, 04:13 AM
no Jeremy?

ravenguy2000
09-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Don't you PJ fans ever get tired of fucking Yellow Ledbetter at the of every show?

AndySlash
09-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000
Don't you PJ fans ever get tired of fucking Yellow Ledbetter at the of every show?

Yes.

9/1/05 The Gorge in George, WA

Soundcheck: Crapshoot, I Believe In Miracles, Off He Goes, Lowlight, Love Boat Captain, MFC, Alone, Tremor Christ, In My Tree (Incomplete), I Believe In Miracles (slow version, electric), Crazy Mary, I Am Mine, Man of the Hour (Incomplete)

Acoustic Set: I Believe In Miracles, Small Town, Off He Goes, Lowlight, Man of the Hour, I Am Mine, Crazy Mary, Black, Hard to Imagine

Electric Set: Given to Fly, Last Exit, Save You, Do The Evolution, Alone, Sad, Even Flow, Not For You/Jam, Corduroy, Dissident, MFC, Undone, Daughter, In My Tree, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Porch

Encore 1: Love Boat Captain, Insignificance, Better Man, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: I Won't Back Down, Last Kiss, Crown of Thorns, Blood, Yellow Ledbetter, Baba O'Riley

Nimrod's Son
09-02-2005, 01:30 PM
When I see Leash and Rats on a setlist, THEN I will be impressed.

Nimrod's Son
09-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Anyone order the MP3s or have them?

If it's MP3 downloads rather than CDs I won't be buying any.

AndySlash
09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
When I see Leash and Rats on a setlist, THEN I will be impressed.

Ugh. The fan support for these are mind boggling. I'd bring back WMA and Who You Are before those.

AndySlash
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
If it's MP3 downloads rather than CDs I won't be buying any.

Thats what it is... for now. I'd think they'll have to go lossless at some point- many are not happy. And only select shows will be chosen for CD release.

Gorge just went up. I'm dl'ing now.

Nimrod's Son
09-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Ugh. The fan support for these are mind boggling. I'd bring back WMA and Who You Are before those.
I have a special attachment to Leash since in '93 I was pulled on stage during it.

However, I agree on WMA but it's been tagged on Daughter a lot.... and WYA has been played recently. Those other two, not at all. I don't want them as regulars, but I'd like to hear a new version.

AndySlash
09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
However, I agree on WMA but it's been tagged on Daughter a lot.... and WYA has been played recently.

I want to see Matt do a full out WMA, not simply as a tag.

And enlighten me as to the last time WYA was played. I'd say '98 at the latest.

I got your PM.

aztec litany service
09-04-2005, 01:21 AM
wash, dammit, WASH

lol i dunno. i've probably missed my last 4 chances to see pj. i love that song though.

if they're gonna play BEE GIRL they could do dirty frank, that song kicks fucking ass in my humblest of opinions

Nimrod's Son
09-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by aztec litany service
wash, dammit, WASH

lol i dunno. i've probably missed my last 4 chances to see pj. i love that song though.

if they're gonna play BEE GIRL they could do dirty frank, that song kicks fucking ass in my humblest of opinions
i can't imagine they would ever play DF

Fonzie
09-04-2005, 04:37 PM

Yes.

9/1/05 The Gorge in George, WA

Soundcheck: Crapshoot

New Song? Cover?:confused:

AndySlash
09-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Fonzie

New Song? Cover?:confused:

New song.

dean moriaty
09-05-2005, 01:58 AM

New song.

good!

AndySlash
09-05-2005, 01:14 PM
No new songs last night in Calgary... Alberta, Canada. (points for the reference there) BUT, Red Mosquito has been brought out from hiding. The fact that it sounds somewhat similar to 1/2 Full might have something to do with it's hiatus though.

Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, MFC, Daughter, Alone, Insignificance, Not For You, Black, Save You, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Small Town, Thumbing My Way, Sleight Of Hand, Hard To Imagine, Alive

2nd encore: Betterman/I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend, Last Kiss, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

rubber
09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Do they have opening bands?

I am going tomorrow night in Saskatoon but I live > 2 hours away and want to know what time to leave. The ticket says the show starts at 7:30 but I assume that's when the doors open. I can't find anything online about an opening band. So when would pj typically take stage?

thanks.

c

Voice Implodes
09-07-2005, 01:31 AM
yes, i think there is one, i cant remember who though. but i am certain there is at least one opener.

Mooney
09-07-2005, 06:43 AM
sleater-kinney is opening for them in halifax on the 22nd, along with a bunch of other dates. my ticket says 7:30, too.

dean moriaty
09-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Mooney
sleater-kinney is opening for them in halifax on the 22nd, along with a bunch of other dates. my ticket says 7:30, too.

wow. that's a great show

AndySlash
09-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Supersuckers are opening the first half of the tour, so you'll be seeing them. PJ probably would go on a little after 8:30. HOWEVER, Eddie has been known to go on before the openers for a couple songs, so keep that in mind. Hasn't happened yet this tour, but it seems fairly random when he does it, so...

My friend who's going to both the Winnipeg/Thunder Bay shows is a huge SK fan, so she's pissed they are opening the next date after TB. This is the second tour in a row we've missed SK by a show date ot two. It's sort of comical for me because I don't much care for them.

Nimrod's Son
09-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Ed's been known to play with Supersuckers on X covers as well

ChristHimself!
09-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty

wow. that's a great show

no no no, after sleater-kinney finish, pearl jam come onstage!

dean moriaty
09-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds

no no no, after sleater-kinney finish, pearl jam come onstage!

if only it were daniel bedingfield instead eh?

rubber
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate.
I am pumped. Only 9 hours to go...

Villarelo
09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by rubber
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate.
I am pumped. Only 9 hours to go...

Only 1824 Hours to go.... :(
(PJ in Chile, November 22)

Nimrod's Son
09-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Set: Release, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Animal, Insignificance, Green Disease, Even Flow, Present Tense, I Am Mine, State of Love and Trust, Small Town, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1: Glorified G, Whipping, Daughter, Off He Goes, Footsteps, Betterman, Porch

Encore 2: Running to Saskatoon (the Guess Who), Last Kiss, Alive

Encore 3: Rockin in the Free World

Mayfuck
09-08-2005, 01:03 PM
hey nimrod whats your favorite pearl jam song

rubber
09-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes, it was awesome! The sound was great ... probably the clearest I've heard in that venue.

Ed said that they were recording the first 4 or 5 songs to be played for some sort of Hurricane Katrina benefit.

It was a great show and according to the experts on pearl jam.com's messageboard, we got a pretty special setlist and probably the best show so far on this tour.

I was impressed.

c

Mooney
09-08-2005, 01:47 PM
i hope that they play betterman in halifax.

Nimrod's Son
09-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
hey nimrod whats your favorite pearl jam song
I like Black, Porch, Insigfnificance and State of Love and Trust

Voice Implodes
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
nice. sounds like a wicked show.

shame no yellow ledbetter though, but i guess they cant play it every night.

Nimrod's Son
09-09-2005, 02:30 AM
Set: Betterman, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Grievance, Save You, Given To Fly, Sad, Not For You, Daughter/(ABITW-II), Wishlist, Even Flow, Untitled/MFC, 1/2 Full, Immortality, Lukin, Jeremy, Do The Evolution
Encore 1: In Hiding, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Alive, Blood
Encore 2: Indifference, Smile, Elderly Woman...., Fuckin' Up, Rockin' In The Free World

Notes: Sad was attempted before Given To Fly, but was stopped around the first lyrics. The Wishlist tag featured some "Bushisms". A girl wearing a shirt with "Smile" on it was pulled out of the crowd, apparently she had come to several previous shows with the shirt, and Ed said that they hesitated to play it because they weren't sure if they remembered how to play it. A speech was given about Neil Young, but despite the rumors, Young was not present, even though they played two of his songs to close.

wHATcOLOR
09-09-2005, 03:55 AM
what the fuck man

Nimrod's Son
09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Jerome
what the fuck man those are the songs they played

Netphorian Gadabout
09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Someone start a petition to rename this forum "The Pearl Jam Memorial Music News Forum."

Voice Implodes
09-09-2005, 03:05 PM
awesome.

it would be wicked to hear smile live though. probably my favorite song from no code.

neopryn
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
if this were posted in the saskatoon thread i might not have noticed it, good look man.

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 11:54 AM
It was an incredible fucking show. On paper that setlist looks somewhat generic, but the crowd was fucking insane and the band fed off of it like I've never seen. It's the best PJ show I've seen.

Indifference and Immortality in the same show... I never thought I'd hear it.

Nimrod's Son
09-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Thunder Bay setlist:

Set: Present Tense, Corduroy, Save You, Animal, Given To Fly, Cropduster, Even Flow, Elderly Woman..., Light Years, Lukin, State Of Love And Trust, Down, Driven To Tears, Jeremy, Breakerfall, Porch
Encore 1: Nothingman, I Am Mine, Black, Alive
Encore 2: Last Kiss, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Kitchener Setlist:

Ed Pre-Set: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Set:Long Road, Last Exit, Animal, Save You, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Insignificance, Gimme Some Truth, Faithfull, Jeremy, Even Flow, Leatherman, Habit, Blood
Encore 1: Soon Forget (incomplete), Can't Keep, Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman..., Daughter/(WMA)/improv, Black, Alive
Encore 2: In My Tree, Indifference, Betterman, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

I love Driven to Tears making returns

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Ed did YGTHYLA as a preset at Thunder Bay, also. Mike then played on a Supersuckers song, then Ed came out after and sang X's Poor Girl and I Believe In Miracles (bringing a fan up on stage to sing) with them, too.

Kitchener looks like it was great.

rubber
09-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Has anyone downloaded any of the shows? I downloaded the Saskatoon show. I know you aren't supposed to trade these, but I'd be willing to loan my digital copy to someone if they loaned my their digital copy of a different show....

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I know you aren't supposed to trade these,

Actually, you are free to do anything you want with these. And that's the wording used in the bootleg FAQ.

Nimrod's Son
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Has anyone downloaded any of the shows? I downloaded the Saskatoon show. I know you aren't supposed to trade these, but I'd be willing to loan my digital copy to someone if they loaned my their digital copy of a different show.... Put it up on YSI please

I haven't been able to find shit yet

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Mike- I'm working on YSIing the gorge show.

rubber
09-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Actually, you are free to do anything you want with these. And that's the wording used in the bootleg FAQ.

hmmm, I thought I read somewhere that there is no Digital Rights Management so that you could easily do whatever you want for your own personal use but technically you weren't supposed to put them up for trade until they were no longer available from the band directly.

From their site:

" Also, unlike the majority of download services, we have not encoded these files with any kind of DRM (Digital Rights Management). This means that there are no restrictions on your ability to burn them to disc, transfer them to your portable music player, or listen to them from your hard drive. "

It doesn't specifically say you can give it away or do anything you want with the show.

I couldn't find where I read that you weren't supposed to trade them. Of course, that is minor point anyway. We aren't supposed to trade or share a lot of things but do anyway.

c

rubber
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Put it up on YSI please

I haven't been able to find shit yet

Tell me what this is and I'll look into it...

Mooney
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
2nd encore: Betterman/I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend, Last Kiss, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

i'd be really happy with an encore like this for halifax.

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, I know for the old bootlegs that you're not supposed to share the ones that were eventually released by Sony until they're no longer available. I'd guess the same applies to these whenever they decide to commercially release some (which they will). But until that happens we can do whatever.

At least thats how I interpret it.

rubber
09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, I know for the old bootlegs that you're not supposed to share the ones that were eventually released by Sony until they're no longer available. I'd guess the same applies to these whenever they decide to commercially release some (which they will). But until that happens we can do whatever.

At least thats how I interpret it.

Sounds good.... but I think the technical interpretation is that all of these ARE commercially available at the moment, albiet online.

Now, what's this YSling and how do I participate???

AndySlash
09-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, I suppose. But really, who cares. They know it's going to happen.

www.yousendit.com

Zip the folder, send the file to yourself then post the link they give you.

HOWEVER, I'm on my third attempt to send the Gorge show... Dunno what the problem is.

Nimrod's Son
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM

Sounds good.... but I think the technical interpretation is that all of these ARE commercially available at the moment, albiet online.

Now, what's this YSling and how do I participate???
MP3's aren't a lossless format. I don't see a problem with it.

Nimrod's Son
09-13-2005, 02:05 AM
if this still doesn't work i'll set up an ftp server tomorrow night and give you guys logins

AndySlash
09-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Holy shit...

London, Ontario 9/12

Set list: Oceans, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Glorified G, Black Red Yellow, In My Tree, Better Man, You Are, Not For You, Jeremy, Wishlist, Even Flow, Bleed for Me (by Dead Kennedys), Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Nothing As It Seems, Off He Goes, Hard To Imagine, Alive

2nd encore: Go, Grievance, Small Town, State of Love and Trust, Smile, Rocking In the Free World

And how fucking long should it take to YSI a god damned 300MB file on a DSL connection?

rubber
09-13-2005, 02:17 PM

And how fucking long should it take to YSI a god damned 300MB file on a DSL connection?

Most DSL connections are really slow upload compared to download ... sometimes 10 or 20 times slower. Could take a while. Cable modems are usually fast both ways.

AndySlash
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Hmm.

If it doesn't work today, I'm giving up.

Nimrod's Son
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Hmm.

If it doesn't work today, I'm giving up.
I'll set up an FTP man

AndySlash
09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Gorge (http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09PIMEB7ZY0IS29I6GB1QJPPC4)

AndySlash
09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Hamilton, ON 9/13/05

Ed pre-set:: Throw Your Arms Around Me

Set: Porch, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Animal, Given To Fly, Sad, U, Corduroy, Half Full, Daughter, Lukin, Insignificance, Present Tense, Untitled, MFC, Jeremy, Betterman, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Thumbing My Way, I Am Mine, Harvest Moon, Black, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Go, In My Tree, Elderly Woman, Indifference, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Nimrod's Son
09-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Hamilton, ON 9/13/05

Set: Porch, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Animal, Given To Fly, Sad, U, Corduroy, Half Full, Daughter, Lukin, Insignificance, Present Tense, Untitled, MFC, Jeremy, Betterman, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: Last Exit, Go, In My Tree, Elderly Woman, Indifference, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter No mention of the Daughter tag. Hmm.

Harvest Moon though: awesome. I'm glad there are new covers.

Thanks for the link. Hope it's still up when I get home.

AndySlash
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
No mention of the Daughter tag. Hmm.

Harvest Moon though: awesome. I'm glad there are new covers.

Thanks for the link. Hope it's still up when I get home.

I'm guessing there wasn't a tag then. They usually note it, even if it's just call/response stuff.

Get that ftp up, man. I can upload Winnipeg and TBay.

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2005, 02:32 PM

I'm guessing there wasn't a tag then. They usually note it, even if it's just call/response stuff.

Get that ftp up, man. I can upload Winnipeg and TBay.
Ok will do tonight. Didn't last night b/c was dling Gorge and Sakatoon

Travis Meeks
09-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm going to see them in Philly next month. Last stop on the tour I believe. Kick ass!

sppunk
09-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Jai Guru Deva
I'm going to see them in Philly next month. Last stop on the tour I believe. Kick ass! Hey, I got tickets with a friend from work for this. That show's going to be out of control.

I also have tickets for the Atlantic City show at the Borgata Hotel on the 30th.

sppunk
09-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh, and you hardcore PJ fans, any talk of this being the last official PJ tour? I heard that rumor, but don't believe it.

AndySlash
09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
Hey, I got tickets with a friend from work for this. That show's going to be out of control.

You got those before PJ was announced as opening right? Because I remember you thinking of getting rid of them...

And definitely no talk of this being a last tour. At least that I've heard.

sppunk
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM

You got those before PJ was announced as opening right? Because I remember you thinking of getting rid of them...

And definitely no talk of this being a last tour. At least that I've heard. Good deal on the tour part - the rumor was just from a fellow Internet PJ fan who thought he'd read it, just wanted to confirm the falsehood.

And, it was the Rolling Stones tickets I was thinking of getting rid of. The PJ tickets are through a friend who's a Ten Club member.

rubber
09-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Hamilton, ON 9/13/05

Encore 2: Last Exit, Go, In My Tree, Elderly Woman, Indifference, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Does "pre-set" mean before the opening band, or somehow after the opening band but before the rest of PJ come on stage? Just curious... I'm assuming it's before everything. That'd be pretty awesome for those that get there early.

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Does "pre-set" mean before the opening band, or somehow after the opening band but before the rest of PJ come on stage? Just curious... I'm assuming it's before everything. That'd be pretty awesome for those that get there early. Before the opening band.

Travis Meeks
09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
Hey, I got tickets with a friend from work for this. That show's going to be out of control.

I also have tickets for the Atlantic City show at the Borgata Hotel on the 30th.

maybe we can chill naked during the show?

AndySlash
09-15-2005, 07:08 PM
That'd be pretty awesome for those that get there early.

That's partly why he does it, I'd think. It gets more people in for the openers, in the very least. PJ have a lot of respect for their openers, regardless of who they are, and I think Ed wants to do his part in getting a good audience for them.

Nimrod's Son
09-15-2005, 08:13 PM
check your PMs faggots

FearFactory
09-15-2005, 08:24 PM
The words "pearl" and "jam" should be banned from this board forever.

AndySlash
09-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Montreal 9/15/05

Ed pre-set: Don't Be Shy (by Cat Stevens)

Set list: Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, I Believe in Miracles, Light Years, Grievance, Sad, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Better Man/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend by the Ramones), Even Flow, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Lukin, Porch

1st encore: Trouble (by Cat Stevens), Man of the Hour, Last Kiss, Harvest Moon (by Neil Young), Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd encore: Whipping, Down, Blood, Black, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Travis Meeks
09-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Harvest Moon (by Neil Young)

awesome

AndySlash
09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
So far tonight they've opened with Wash and debuted Don't Gimme No Lip...

AndySlash
09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Ottawa 9/16/05

Main Set: Wash, Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Brain of J, Corduroy, Immortality, In Hiding, DON'T GIMME NO LIP, Even Flow, "Ed Speech," Green Disease, Insignificance, I Got Shit, Jeremy, Black, Betterman/(Save It For Later), RVM

Encore 1: Bee Girl, I Believe in Miracles (acoustic), Sleight of Hand, Elderly Woman, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Given to Fly, Not For You/(unknown tag), Daughter, Harvest Moon w/S-K, Leaving Here w/S-K, RITFW w/S-K, Yellow Ledbetter

neopryn
09-17-2005, 12:00 AM
pearl jam sucks

Nimrod's Son
09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by neopryn
pearl jam sucks
you suck

Rider
09-17-2005, 09:13 AM

Does "pre-set" mean before the opening band, or somehow after the opening band but before the rest of PJ come on stage? Just curious... I'm assuming it's before everything. That'd be pretty awesome for those that get there early.

Before the opening band.

RopeyLopey
09-17-2005, 06:16 PM
hey guys, way back I was at their show and they played Hunger Strike ( without Cornell obviously). is that something rare?

also, is there any aite out there for Pearl Jam like spfc,where I could search concerts by song?

Nimrod's Son
09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
hey guys, way back I was at their show and they played Hunger Strike ( without Cornell obviously). is that something rare?

also, is there any aite out there for Pearl Jam like spfc,where I could search concerts by song?

fivehorizons.com to see the songs played at a concert
theskyiscrape.com to search songs by concert

RopeyLopey
09-17-2005, 07:38 PM

theskyiscrape.com to search songs by concert
this one makes the trick. thanks.

they played Hunger Strike 23 times. That's like Dross in TSP terms. I am satisfied.

FearFactory
09-18-2005, 11:46 PM
pearl jam sucks

Hey, that's another thing we agree on.

AndySlash
09-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Toronto 9/18/05

Ed solo: Porch

Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive

2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter

LOL at Bono.

AndySlash
09-20-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm trying to upload Ottawa but I keep getting errors. Is it full? Or is something else up? Can you delete it, Mike, and let me try again?

Nimrod's Son
09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm trying to upload Ottawa but I keep getting errors. Is it full? Or is something else up? Can you delete it, Mike, and let me try again? Somebody uploaded a bunch of garbage that I just cleared out. Try it now.

Nimrod's Son
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Toronto 9/18/05

Ed solo: Porch
there had better be a recording of this

AndySlash
09-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Quebec City 9/20/05

Ed Solo: Dead Man

Set list: Sometimes, Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Save You, Given to Fly, Even Flow, Faithfull, Corduroy, Insignificance, The American in Me (by the Avengers), Small Town, Not For You, Better Man, State of Love and Trust, Black, Blood

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, I Am Mine, Footsteps, Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd encore: I Believe In Miracles, Porch, Rearviewmirror, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter

That's a nice 2nd encore.

Rockin' Cherub
09-21-2005, 01:05 PM
pearl jam sucks
half of their stuff does

jukeboxphuckup
09-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey AndySlash, are you following them around on the Canadian tour? I saw them at the Montreal show and I thought they were phenomenal. I really loved their cover of Harvest Moon. They brought out Sleater Kinney to do backup vocals for that song. Mike McCready played lead guitar on one of Sleater Kinney's songs too, but I'm not really familiar with their material.

Nimrod's Son
09-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the transfers. I'll keep it up whenever I can for those who have access

AndySlash
09-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by jukeboxphuckup
Hey AndySlash, are you following them around on the Canadian tour?

Man, I wish. I just saw Winnipeg and Thunder Bay. Just last night I had a dream about seeing more shows. I think following a band for a series of shows is something I may have to do before I die.

Nimrod's Son
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM

Man, I wish. I just saw Winnipeg and Thunder Bay. Just last night I had a dream about seeing more shows. I think following a band for a series of shows is something I may have to do before I die. I've done it for 2 bands. PJ being one of them

AndySlash
09-23-2005, 09:56 AM
These fuckers sure are doing a damn good job of trying to get me to fork over the $$$ for these shows, god dammit.

Halifax, 9/22

Ed Pre-set: Driftin

Setlist: Hard To Imagine, Animal, Corduroy, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, You Are, Go, Breath, Small Town, Leatherman, Even Flow, Not For You, Jeremy, Blood

First Encore: Low Light, Off He Goes, Nothingman, Glorified G, Rearviewmirror

Second Encore: Alive, Down, In My Tree, Daughter, Betterman, Porch, Bu$hleaguer, Fortunate Son, Rockin In The Free World

THAT is a fuckin setlist, man. Holy crap.

StupidFan
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
hey where can i download these shows? im a big fan of pj also, ill be at the 2 AC shows and philly! its going to be amazing! ive seen pj 11 times since 2003, and i cant wait for these shows!!! so many great songs from the past! HTI!!! i hope they play smile!!! thanks!

Nimrod's Son
09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
These fuckers sure are doing a damn good job of trying to get me to fork over the $$$ for these shows, god dammit.

Halifax, 9/22

Ed Pre-set: Driftin

Setlist: Hard To Imagine, Animal, Corduroy, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, You Are, Go, Breath, Small Town, Leatherman, Even Flow, Not For You, Jeremy, Blood

First Encore: Low Light, Off He Goes, Nothingman, Glorified G, Rearviewmirror

Second Encore: Alive, Down, In My Tree, Daughter, Betterman, Porch, Bu$hleaguer, Fortunate Son, Rockin In The Free World

THAT is a fuckin setlist, man. Holy crap. damn

let's just hope they didn't ruin anything with SK duets

Mooney
09-24-2005, 12:11 AM
damn

let's just hope they didn't ruin anything with SK duets

they brought out the ladies for fortunate son and rockin' in the free world. mccready and matt and the other dude joined sleater-kinney for the last song of their set, too.

good show. i wasn't blown away, though.

Nimrod's Son
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mooney

they brought out the ladies for fortunate son and rockin' in the free world. mccready and matt and the other dude joined sleater-kinney for the last song of their set, too.

good show. i wasn't blown away, though. SK is fine by themselves. But they fucking ruin nearly everything they sing with PJ

Nimrod's Son
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
St. John's Setlists:

Night 1:
Set: Can't Keep, Go, Even Flow, Animal, Corduroy, Nothing As It Seems, Given To Fly, Grievance, Daughter/(Bad)/(WMA), Lukin, U, Present Tense, Don't Gimme No Lip, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Porch
Encore 1: Thumbing My Way, I Am Mine, Elderly Woman..., Black, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: Whipping, Do The Evolution, Spin The Black Circle, Last Kiss, Leaving Here, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Night 2:
Set: Elderly Woman..., Last Exit, Animal, State Of Love And Trust, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Wishlist, Dissident, Even Flow, Insignificance, You Are, In My Tree, I Got Shit, Half Full, Black, Go
Encore 1: Bee Girl, Man of The Hour, Crazy Mary, Alive
Encore 2: Light Years, Betterman, Jeremy, Rockin' In The Free World (w/Wintersleep)

AndySlash
09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
That's kind of a disappointing end to the tour. I feel bad for the people who went out of their way to go to those shows because they thought they might get something special. And the fact that it was advertised as an "evening with PJ" and they ended up having an opening band anyway probably threw a bunch of people off, too.

Nimrod's Son
09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
That's kind of a disappointing end to the tour. I feel bad for the people who went out of their way to go to those shows because they thought they might get something special. And the fact that it was advertised as an "evening with PJ" and they ended up having an opening band anyway probably threw a bunch of people off, too. there probably wasnt a lot more going on in rural canada

MrPantyFAce
09-27-2005, 01:09 PM
the second st johns show also had vedder join wintersleep for a song. seeing both shows, i thought wintersleep were awesome but yeah i sort of thought that they might play longer or do an extra acoustic set or something. hi-ho. i still bumped into mike on water street.

AndySlash
09-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Wintersleep is up there in the worst band name ever category.

MrPantyFAce
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
wintersleep 4 life.

im not sure what the records sound like but i'll look into it. yeah great little sets they had. i'll have to see them when they come back to sin john's.

pearl jam couldnt really play after them and i think they new it.

Mooney
09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MrPantyFAce
wintersleep 4 life.

im not sure what the records sound like but i'll look into it. yeah great little sets they had. i'll have to see them when they come back to sin john's.

pearl jam couldnt really play after them and i think they new it.
their new album sounds like it was recorded in a tin can underwater.

Nimrod's Son
09-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by MrPantyFAce
wintersleep 4 life.

pearl jam couldnt really play after them and i think they new it. this is the same band who played after Neil Young, Ben Harper, Alice in Chains, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.... somehow I don't think they were intimidated by Wintersleep.

You're an idiot MrPantyFAce

MrPantyFAce
09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
this is the same band who played after Neil Young, Ben Harper, Alice in Chains, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.... somehow I don't think they were intimidated by Wintersleep.

You're an idiot MrPantyFAce

i know you are but am i. i was honestly blown away by wintersleep. as fellow artists im sure pj were too.

Nimrod's Son
10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Pittsburgh Setlist:

Set: Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World

Ed w/Rolling Stones: Wild Horses

-----------------------------------

Borgata 1 Setlist:

Ed pre-set: No Surrender (Bruce Springsteen cover)
Set: Long Road, Porch, Hail Hail, Animal, State Of Love And Trust, Whipping, Even Flow, Grievance, Green Disease, Daughter/(WMA)/(Blitzkrieg Bop)/(Ruby Tuesday), I Got Shit, Elderly Woman...., Betterman, Sad, Do The Evolution, Save You, Blood
Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Off He Goes, Low Light, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: I Believe In Miracles, Once, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Borgata 2 Setlist:

Ed pre-set: Atlantic City (by Bruce Springsteen)
Set: Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Save You, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Leatherman, Immortality, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Wishlist, Don't Gimme No Lip, Breath, State of Love and Trust, Porch
Encore 1: Gone (new song), Bee Girl, Harvest Moon, Nothingman, Once, Alive
Encore 2: Spin The Black Circle, Glorified G, U, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World

Notes: Before Don't Gimme No Lip, Ed joked "we're going to play Leash", then apologised for fucking around with the crowd, which went nuts.

Philadelphia Setlist:

Ed pre-set w/Sleater-Kinney: Promised Land (Bruce Springsteen cover)
Set: Wash, Hail Hail, Brain Of J, Spin The Black Circle, Given To Fly, Sad, Alone, Even Flow, Green Disease, Faithfull, Whipping, Not For You, Leatherman, Betterman, Nothingman, Once, Bleed For Me (?), Blood
Encore 1: Around The Bend, Harvest Moon (w/Sleater-Kinney), Hard To Imagine, Crown Of Thorns, Crazy Mary, Alive
Encore 2: Last Kiss, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Sonic Reducer, Little Sister (Elvis Presley cover), Leaving Here (w/Sleater-Kinney), Rockin' In The Free World (w/Sleater-Kinney), Yellow Ledbetter

Lots of Springsteen stuff. Reminds me of Hallucinogenic Recipe's "One Step Back"

Fonzie
10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Looking good!

AndySlash
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
That Philadelphia show is sick, setlist wise.

Travis Meeks
10-04-2005, 07:36 PM
That Philadelphia show is sick, setlist wise.

yeah it was really good. Harvest moon is awesome. Hearing In My Tree live gave me a substantial erection but I wish eddie sang it more the album version. and the wachovia center sucks for shows but what do you expect.

great show though.

celluloid_love
10-05-2005, 05:32 AM
Does someone have a recording of that version of Wild Horses with the Stones?

I'd love to hear it.

Nimrod's Son
10-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Holy. Frickin. Crap. Must. Get. Show.

Chicago:
Set: Love Boat Captain, Grievance, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Dissident, Elderly Woman, Corduroy, Green Disease, Daughter, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Betterman, Black, Alive, Save You, Porch
Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Hard To Imagine, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: Given To Fly, Going To California (played by Stange Sensation), Little Sister (w/Robert Plant), Money (That's What I Want) (w/Robert Plant), Fool In The Rain (w/Robert Plant), Thank You (w/Robert Plant)
Encore 3: Rockin' In The Free World (w/Robert Plant)

Nimrod's Son
10-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Can someone go to http://bootlegs.pearljam.com and see if it's up there? I can't do so from here

AndySlash
10-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Being a benefit show, it's not part of the bootleg series, yo. Hopefully they'll release a CD version.

Nimrod's Son
10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I NEED this album.

Deleted_User
10-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Holy. Frickin. Crap. Must. Get. Show.

Chicago:
Set: Love Boat Captain, Grievance, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Dissident, Elderly Woman, Corduroy, Green Disease, Daughter, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Betterman, Black, Alive, Save You, Porch
Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Hard To Imagine, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: Given To Fly, Going To California (played by Stange Sensation), Little Sister (w/Robert Plant), Money (That's What I Want) (w/Robert Plant), Fool In The Rain (w/Robert Plant), Thank You (w/Robert Plant)
Encore 3: Rockin' In The Free World (w/Robert Plant)

yeah that must be interesting.

celluloid_love
10-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Encore 2: Given To Fly, Going To California

hahahahaa

AndySlash
10-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Fool In the Rain (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-647877711444041939&q=pearl+jam) vid

Torrents on bt.etree.org and I'm sure many others.

Mooney
10-12-2005, 08:53 PM
i bought the halifax show. if anyone wants it i'm sure i could get it to you somehow.

Nimrod's Son
11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Santiago Soundcheck

There was a soundcheck/practice performed on Monday:

Grievance, Leatherman, In My Tree, Little Sister, Sad, 1/2 Full, Do The Evolution, Insignificance, Off He Goes (partial), Present Tense (three times), I Am Mine, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy (partial), Last Exit, Faithfull, I Believe In Miracles

MP3s of some of the performance can be found here:
http://www.pearljamexico.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=6768&sid=d1f15fe3cbba514a777c8465120d219f

Santiago 1 Setlist

Set: Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Down, Jeremy, Save You

Encore 1: Go, Betterman/(I Need You), Black, Alive

Encore 2: I Believe In Miracles, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

--
It's a shame when the soundcheck is a better setlist

AndySlash
11-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't imagine these setlists are going to be that great. They're playing to audiences who haven't heard them before. All but one of these shows is GA, to, which is surprising. Supposedly they don't have a choice in the matter as to venue seating. :/

dean moriaty
11-23-2005, 02:25 PM
what does GA mean in that context?

AndySlash
11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
General Admission, i.e. no seating on the floor, something they said they'd never have again after Roskilde.

dean moriaty
11-24-2005, 03:32 AM
General Admission, i.e. no seating on the floor, something they said they'd never have again after Roskilde.

ok thanks. i thought of that but the roskilde thing had slipped my mind and i couldn't work out why having no seating on the floor would be a bad thing.

GlasgowKiss
12-01-2005, 12:05 AM
You know those moments when you are a little bit inebriated and you are clenching your fist and shaking your head to a song.

Yeah, Nothing As It Seems.