i don't care about what any of you say!

We are all on drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff

Oranjes
08-30-2005, 03:06 AM
give me some of that hate

talk show host
08-30-2005, 03:48 AM
Weezer's all good with me, though their first two albums are by far and away their best. Anything after Pinkerton is just a guilty pleasure

wally
08-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Blue Album = good memories from high school

Pinkerton = good memories from college

Green, Maladroit, Make Believe = good memories from nothing

talk show host
08-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by wally
Blue Album = good memories from high school

Pinkerton = good memories from college

Green, Maladroit, Make Believe = good memories from nothing

They're definitely a nostalgia band. I first heard bits of the Blue Album and Pinkerton back when i was in primary school, so when I actually learnt that they were Weezer songs and they were off these two albums later on, it brought back all the memories. Without the memories they don't have the same effect at all.

Quiet
08-30-2005, 09:28 AM
I like Weezer. Blue and Pinkerton are great, of course. Green and Maladroit are decent. As bad as Make Believe is, it can be a fun album to put on every once in awhile, and it has a few decent songs.

Rockin' Cherub
08-30-2005, 09:37 AM
lol at this thread. saw them a few weeks ago. they were alright. the new songs are horrible. and rivers cuomo had a cold or something. oh well. everybody knows the first two albums are brilliant.

and i watched the buddy holly video the first time when it came with the windows 95 cd and loved it. i was seven or eight.

Izzle
08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
lol at this thread. saw them a few weeks ago. they were alright. the new songs are horrible. and rivers cuomo had a cold or something. oh well. everybody knows the first two albums are brilliant.

and i watched the buddy holly video the first time when it came with the windows 95 cd and loved it. i was seven or eight.

i always wondered how they made that video. it seemed so realistic, like the band had actully been beamed into Happy Days. it still blows my mind.

Nate the Grate
08-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I saw weezer this summer, and I thought they were great! so poo on you.

and I think I like stuff from every album, although I'm pretty sure we can all agree that blue and pinkerton are the cream of the crop.

dean moriaty
08-30-2005, 11:07 AM
the last three albums have been pretty sucky but i still pick up the singles on vinyl. thats more cause i put so much energy into getting the 7"s off pinkerton and blue that it's seem silly not to spend 1.20 on the new ones. plus we're all on drugs is on swirly pink vinyl

iamtomzilla
08-30-2005, 01:42 PM
The video for WAAOD is pretty choice.

distance
08-30-2005, 02:00 PM
weezer is terrible.

wHATcOLOR
08-30-2005, 02:05 PM
i like make believe pretty good yeah

Oranjes
08-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Jerome
i like make believe pretty good yeah i make believe pretty good too.

mpp
08-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by iamtomzilla
The video for WAAOD is pretty choice.

what's it like

mirrar
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
beverley hills is one of the biggest steaming pills of shit i have ever heard, but we are all on drugs is hilarious, the story of my summer, and makes me hate their new stuff just a bit less.

PS: WEEZER ARE NOT GOTH, ORANJES. GET WITH IT!!!

Oranjes
08-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mirrar
PS: WEEZER ARE NOT GOTH, ORANJES. GET WITH IT!!! Not goth huh? http://donaldthompson825.tripod.com/Friends.html

click on weezer's pics. :rolleyes:

Luke de Spa
08-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I haven't even bothered to listen to Make Believe. Green sucked and Maladroit was a bit better, but I've pretty much lost any faith I might have had in Rivers Cuomo.

Still, there are plenty of AWESOME GUITARMONIES in the first two albums, and thankfully no amount of latter-day legacy-destruction can take that away.

neopryn
08-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
I haven't even bothered to listen to Make Believe. Green sucked and Maladroit was a bit better, but I've pretty much lost any faith I might have had in Rivers Cuomo.

Still, there are plenty of AWESOME GUITARMONIES in the first two albums, and thankfully no amount of latter-day legacy-destruction can take that away. i agree with every letter of this post.

Q.L.M.
08-30-2005, 06:42 PM
i feel that their last few efforts have been rather poor.

Shapan
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
pinkerton and the blue album are two of my favorite albums.

green album was decent.

maladroit and make believe suck.

Corganist
08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
I only really got into Weezer about a year and a half ago. I bought Blue and Green first, just because they had all the big radio hits. On a whim, I decided to buy Pinkerton a few days later...and it completely blew me away. Its probably the only record that I'll even think about mentioning in the same sentence as Siamese Dream. I know its not cool to like their last three albums, but they're a bit underrated IMO. Weezer's still a good band.

thischarmingman
08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Elijah Wood tears apart the new releases by Weezer, Coldplay, White Stripes, and some others in the new Spin.

For an actor, and an actor who's never been in any movie I've ever seen, he has surprisingly good taste in music.

Ugly
08-30-2005, 11:07 PM
the "We Are All On Drugs" video is flat-out amazing. That HAS to be some random 80s metal band video, right? No way that they shot that, like, in the 2005 time.

neopryn
08-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by thischarmingman
Elijah Wood tears apart the new releases by Weezer, Coldplay, White Stripes, and some others in the new Spin.

For an actor, and an actor who's never been in any movie I've ever seen, he has surprisingly good taste in music. get behind me satan was excellent

alisonmonster
08-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
the "We Are All On Drugs" video is flat-out amazing. That HAS to be some random 80s metal band video, right? No way that they shot that, like, in the 2005 time.

its an 1985 video for the band Grim Reaper- song's called 'Fear no Evil'

alisonmonster
08-30-2005, 11:40 PM
check out River's in the middle during his 'metal' years.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/ExposedWeezer.jpg

GRSuperChris
08-31-2005, 12:38 AM
All I gotta say is

RIVERS GET LAID YOU FUCKING PRUDE! JEEBUS CRUST! I MEAN WE KNOW YOU'RE TIRED....SO TIRED OF HAVING IT BUT DAMN 2 AND A HALF YEARS IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO LONG TO GO WITHOUT!

hey sounds like we should make a movie with some guys trying to get a guy laid. Rivers could be the guy who needs some.

Izzle
08-31-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by GRSuperChris
All I gotta say is

RIVERS GET LAID YOU FUCKING PRUDE! JEEBUS CRUST! I MEAN WE KNOW YOU'RE TIRED....SO TIRED OF HAVING IT BUT DAMN 2 AND A HALF YEARS IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO LONG TO GO WITHOUT!

hey sounds like we should make a movie with some guys trying to get a guy laid. Rivers could be the guy who needs some.

*corny movie voice over*

"American Pie is going to Harvard..."

GRSuperChris
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
You know I never understood that. I hear all these girls talking about how they want to make love to Rivers. The guy obviously doesn't like sex so why don't the girls have sex with guys who do? LOL Makes more sense to me.

mpp
08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
can i see the drugs vid anywhere on the net?

iamtomzilla
08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Launch.com is the real MTV version. I'll try to find a link for the funny first version/Grim Reaper video.

scouse_dave
08-31-2005, 03:37 PM
I saw Weezer the other night in Manchester. first time i'd seen them live.

Good performance. Decent new album. Good-to-Great back catalogue.

eyeboogers
09-04-2005, 05:46 PM
"Make believe" is so far the best album of the year, a return to form not just for Cuomo but the band as a whole, as good as or better than "Pinkerton" and "The blue album" if you're able to shelve your feelings of nostalgia. The album contains fewer distorted guitars than "Pinkerton" and Matt Sharp is still missed but as far as songs go "Make believe" is a continuation of that albums themes and lyrical persona a decade later.
The record has stayed in my heavy rotation since it came out, the song i liked the least on first listen "The other way" (written to the late Elliott Smith's girlfriend) is slowly turning into my favorite track.