View Full Version : Most Obnoxious Fans

Quiet
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
What band would you guys say has the most obnoxious fans?

I'm going with the Dave Matthews Band. I actually like their music, but their fans are douchebags. Imagine the blind devotion of Corgan Rules to the millionth degree and that's what you've got. Not to mention, they're extremely cocky. They assume that if you don't like the band, you "just don't get it", or you "don't know real music when you hear it", or "you're afraid you'll get made fun of." Plus the band's new album is a steaming pile of shit, but they swear it's great.

RockLobster
08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
who fuckin cares... besides all fans can be obnoxious.

2Marlon2Brando
08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
zwan

schaadow
08-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Smashing Pumpkins fans - I find you all to be pretty obnoxious.

Quiet
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by RockLobster
who fuckin cares... besides all fans can be obnoxious.

Yeah... you're right. Whoever made this thread is a fucking dumbass.

Netphorian Gadabout
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM
DMB fans have to be close to the tops. Also other hippie/jam band fans, Phish or OAR in particular.

John Mayer's fan suck pretty bad too.

GlasgowKiss
08-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by schaadow

Wait, look over there pete doherty doing another NME photoshoot!

Ha, fooled ya.

schaadow
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss

Wait, look over there pete doherty doing another NME photoshoot!

Ha, fooled ya.
you've just proved my point

Quiet
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM

But with Pumpkins fans, it's like a brotherhood of hate. That's why I prefer you guys over DMB fans... I'll take sarcasm over stupidity any day.

GlasgowKiss
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM

you've just proved my point

No really? You think?

schaadow
08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss

No really? You think?

How about sarcasm and stupidity combined?

Krazee's Ghost
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm surprised no one's said ICP fans yet...hah.

I'd have to say ICP fans piss me off the most, mainly because most of them are such idiots that take it WAYYY too seriously. I can't stand it when those idiots throw Faygo on everyone ELSE standing in line. I don't know how many times I've almost knocked out some idiot for pouring a 2 litter of Redpop all over me.

But yeah, Dave Matthews Band fans are pretty bad too. Not as messy, but just as fucking annoying.

Mark and I were watching Bella Fleck and this guy next to us turned to Mark and said "Hey, whatchu think DMB's gonna open with?" Mark just said "Um, do you mean Dave Matthews Band? I don't know, I don't really like them much." The guy got personally offended and kept muttering "I ain't gonna knock you for it, that's okay, I ain't gonna say nothin'. I mean whatever you like is your thing, you know? I ain't gonna talk bad about ya, naw I ain't gonna say nothin' about it."

:erm

machinaddict
08-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Radiohead's hardcore following are pretty obnoxious.

Nidhogg
08-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Tool fans
Mars Volta fans

by far.

ravenguy2000
08-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Foghat.

ZackZ
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Tool and DMB. I always get the "How can you not like DAVE?!?!?" line. Fucking ell.

GlasgowKiss
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM

How about sarcasm and stupidity combined?

Oh dont kick me when im down!

mercurial
08-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I've mentioned it before - but at a festival type concert affair I saw a goth/slipknot type kid wearing a t-shirt which said ...

"Jesus is a Cunt"

I lolled ... but it's pretty fucking offensive if you think about - to the Jebus Fans anyhow ...

I think Lee knew which band put out the shirt

D.
08-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Krazee's Ghost
ICP
and any band's fans who say "i can't believe you don't like...?!"

sleeper
08-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict
Radiohead's hardcore following are pretty obnoxious.

sad but true. theyre truly insufferable

mars volta fans are also unbearable as fucking hell, mostly because of how many slack jawed skater doofuses there are. that type is one of the worst right now

but a better question is which bands actually have a tolerable or even respectable core fanbase. its pretty rare. one of the only ones that comes to mind are blonde redhead fans, who, from my experiences, are all modest and respectful. and, going by the crowd at the concert i went to last year, are without a doubt the best, most tastefully dressed fans ive ever seen

deerhoof fans are also pretty good and the animal collective fans i saw were amongst the best. i guess when anything reaches a certain level of popularity idiots will invariably come out of the woodwork

sleeper
08-29-2005, 09:06 PM
dj shadow fans are also usually monumental douchebags

sleeper
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
or how about metallica fans. regardless of each fans individual qualities or merit, by simple virtue of being a fan of metallica theyre instantly bumped down to the lowest rung of humanity

cynamonhill
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by sleeper
dj shadow fans are also usually monumental douchebags

Do you mean in a painful 'trainspotter' way?
Prewarned thanks.

Fathoms (unadored)
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
:rockon:HARDCORE FUCKING DEATH MEATAL!!!!1 :rockon:
fans.

Sonic Johnny
08-30-2005, 05:16 AM
Slipknot.

thread over.

Erics Trip
08-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Pre-teen hardcore fans, no specific band.

smashingjj
08-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by mercurial

"Jesus is a Cunt"

Despite sucking, Cradle of Filth tends to have a nice sense of humour.

AndySlash
08-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Quiet
Plus the band's new album is a steaming pile of shit, but they swear it's great.

I don't. It is a steaming pile of shit.

I knew the first response was going to be DMB fans. It's almost cliche now. A lot of DMB fans will tell you that other DMB fans are the worst, so there is definitely something to it. I love Mark's story about talking with the one guy at Bonnaroo.

Primus fans can be pretty bad. "PRIMUS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKS!" At one show I was at Les finally said "Yeah, we know, now shut up."

Nidhogg
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by sleeper
metallica fans

Them too.

Trotskilicious
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
1. Tool
2. Radiohead

Voice Implodes
08-31-2005, 10:29 PM
mid to late-90's Marilyn Manson fans. you can enjoy the music without wasting your mom's eyeliner boys and girls.

Dead
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Quiet
They assume .. you "just don't get it", or you "don't know real music when you hear it"
Whoa, 99% of Netphoria are Dave Matthews Band fans?

FearFactory
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Krazee's Ghost
I'm surprised no one's said ICP fans yet...hah.

I'd have to say ICP fans piss me off the most, mainly because most of them are such idiots that take it WAYYY too seriously. I can't stand it when those idiots throw Faygo on everyone ELSE standing in line. I don't know how many times I've almost knocked out some idiot for pouring a 2 litter of Redpop all over me.

Why didn't you kick their ass, Stacy? I thought you were keraaazzeeeezeeeeeeeee!?! Remember when you said you'd knock me out? hahaha.

As for most annoying fans.. sxe hardcore kids tend to be obnoxious twats. Fuck you, 'brah', I'm gonna smoke this joint and if you hit me doing your stupid pseudo-karate moves, I'm not gonna be so relaxed anymore.

Tchocky
09-01-2005, 12:56 AM
DMB, ICP, Tool, Slipknot, and mall punk fans in general are all mostly tools.

Hardcore indie fans can be asshats, too. Stupid stuck-up types who think they're above it all...it drives me nuts.

Trotskilicious
09-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Dead

Whoa, 99% of Netphoria are Dave Matthews Band fans?

This is what Radiohead fans and Tool fans and every other kind of (key word) finatics are like.

See, Tool fans are aggressively stupid and Radiohead fans are aggressively snobby so they get the worst in my book. Pumpkins fans are just aggressively sad.

FearFactory
09-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Trotskilicious

See, Tool fans are aggressively stupid and Radiohead fans are aggressively snobby so they get the worst in my book. Pumpkins fans are just aggressively sad.

So what am I?

Trotskilicious
09-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by FearFactory

So what am I?

Agressive full stop.

Deleted_User
09-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by AndySlash
Primus fans can be pretty bad. "PRIMUS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKS!" At one show I was at Les finally said "Yeah, we know, now shut up." at all the primus shows i've been to they chant 'primus sucks' before every encore.

i mean. i think that's alright.

Trotskilicious
09-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Primus is weird.

Deleted_User
09-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Primus is weird. are you being facetious.

FearFactory
09-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Agressive full stop.

I'm disappointed in you. I expected "Aggressive like a banshee"

better than new
09-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Nidhogg

Mars Volta fans

by far.

AndySlash
09-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by refills 79 cents
at all the primus shows i've been to they chant 'primus sucks' before every encore.

i mean. i think that's alright.

Yeah, that's fine. This particular show though had a group of guys who were doing it between every song, and during some quieter parts. It was comical, to a point.

Dead
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM

This is what Radiohead fans and Tool fans and every other kind of (key word) finatics are like.

See, Tool fans are aggressively stupid and Radiohead fans are aggressively snobby so they get the worst in my book. Pumpkins fans are just aggressively sad. Nah, that's not what it is man. You just don't get it.

Trotskilicious
09-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Nah, that's not what it is man. You just don't get it.

Oh really.

pastor
09-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Tori Amos fans. You can close the thread now.