View Full Version : Suge Knight Shot at Party

Orenthal James
08-28-2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/28/vma.knight.shot.ap/index.html

Police: Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight shot in leg

Witness: Shot rang out at party's VIP section

Sunday, August 28, 2005; Posted: 3:44 a.m. EDT (07:44 GMT)

MIAMI BEACH, Florida (AP) -- Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was shot in the leg early Sunday during a party hosted by Grammy-winning hip hop artist Kanye West, police said.

Knight, 40, was hospitalized in good condition, police said. He was shot during a celebrity-studded party at the Shore Club, one of the many celebrations in Miami Beach ahead of the MTV Video Music Awards scheduled Sunday night, said Miami Beach Police Officer Bobby Hernandez.

Sonja Mauro, a guest at the club, said a shot in the party's VIP section rang out shortly before 1 a.m.

"I was in there and I heard a pop and I ran out and got trampled," she said.

People attending the party began screaming and running for the doors, she said.

Celebrities who attended *******d West, actress Jessica Alba and comedian Eddie Murphy, but it was unclear whether they were still there when the shooting took place.

Knight co-founded the pioneering rap label Death Row Records and hit the charts in the 1990s with West Coast stars including Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.

Knight was convicted in 1992 of assault and weapons violations and was placed on probation. In 1996, he was jailed for five years for violating probation after he and several associates, including Shakur, were recorded on videotape beating a gang rival at a Las Vegas hotel. Shakur was later shot to death in Las Vegas.

Relatives of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. have also accused Knight of involvement in B.I.G.'s death, though police have never named Knight as a suspect.

Knight continues to operate his label, now called Tha Row.

Attempts to reach a spokesman for West early Sunday were unsuccessful. A message left with an MTV representative was not immediately returned.

sppunk
08-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Just blacks being blacks.

Dead
08-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Orenthal James
shot in leg
Not that I give a shit about this guy, but this is where I stopped reading ^

Orenthal James
08-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dead

Not that I give a shit about this guy, but this is where I stopped reading ^ at least he didnt die

blackfaerie
08-28-2005, 12:37 PM
all i thought was, 'oh well.'

Dead
08-28-2005, 12:38 PM
at least he didnt die
True, but I wouldn't really care if he did, Besides the fact that a human getting killed isn't very good in general. Unless he was like a terrorist or rapist.. or Mike Tyson.

Sam and Mike
08-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Was it with a BB gun? If so, it was probably that Kevin Federline.

Orenthal James
08-28-2005, 12:44 PM

True, but I wouldn't really care if he did, Besides the fact that a human getting killed isn't very good in general. Unless he was like a terrorist or rapist.. or Mike Tyson. if mike tyson died, i would probably cry

Orenthal James
08-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Sam and Mike
Was it with a BB gun? If so, it was probably that Kevin Federline. that rapscallion.

always causin a ruckus

Dead
08-28-2005, 01:01 PM
if mike tyson died, i would probably cry
I would say "There, there. There, there." in a sympathetic tone.

blackfaerie
08-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Was it with a BB gun? If so, it was probably that Kevin Federline.

now that he's been named husband of the year by GQ, he's probably willing to do anything...

Toast
08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Someone needs to use hollowpoints next time.

Fonzie
08-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Isn't he a fucking big guy? It takes skill to only hit his leg when a gut shot is almost too hard to miss.

DeviousJ
08-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Fonzie
Isn't he a fucking big guy? It takes skill to only hit his leg when a gut shot is almost too hard to miss.

Maybe he organized it himself. 'Hey you know what I haven't done in a while? Been shot'

FearFactory
08-28-2005, 05:09 PM

Not that I give a shit about this guy, but this is where I stopped reading ^

He could have had his femoral artery severed. You are aware of the severity of that situation, are you not?

mourninglight
08-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Was it with a BB gun? If so, it was probably that Kevin Federline. :rofl:<font color=99CCFF>
too bad he didn't shoot himself if he did...</font>

VIOLENCE
08-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Too bad he wasnt shot in the head.

Fonzie
08-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Maybe he organized it himself. 'Hey you know what I haven't done in a while? Been shot'

Aah, those wrappers and their 'Street Cred'

Fonzie
08-28-2005, 07:38 PM

wrappers

aah teh funneh as arrived.

DeviousJ
08-28-2005, 07:49 PM

aah teh funneh as arrived.

Eyeing a delicious Twix within reach?

FearFactory
08-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Eyeing a delicious Twix within reach?

If so, I think there may have been a typo up there. It should have read "sweet cred".