View Full Version : YouSendIt trade thread - have a look!

ChristHimself!
08-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Right, I've seen this on a forum before and I think it's a much better idea than the leaked/torrents thread which no one is using anymore.

Basically, I think the best way to work it is to attach a link to the albums you own to your post, and request a few albums folk might have.

A good way to do this is to use rateyourmusic.com although it might take those of you with huge collections a long time to put em all up. You could always just attach a txt file i spose?

If someone requests an album you have, you can request one of theirs to trade for it, or just be a good samaritan and upload it.

The albums I have are here;

http://rateyourmusic.com/user_albums/album_list_id_is_86275_and_list_type_is_owned

Bear in mind my collection is a bit crummy cause this is just the stuff I have at work.. I do have like 40 gig at least at home, but its pretty unorganised. Don't take much notice of the ratings either really, I rushed it a bit just to get them up. I'll add more at some point from home.

I'd like;

anything by biffy clyro
anything by motorpsycho apart from angels & daemons
anything by charles mingus
anything by del the funkee homosapien
notorious BIG - ready to die

GlasgowKiss
08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.

ChristHimself!
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
you bastards! it doesn't matter if I don't have anything you want or if you don't have what I want, just reply with your albums and a list of what you want! its simple! 30 views and only one smart arsed reply from someone i loathe.

Izzle
08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss

FUCK YOU MAN

mono
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss

Quiet
08-10-2005, 11:57 AM
I've always wondered... how do your chances of being prosecuted using YouSendIt compare to your chances of being prosecuted using peer to peer programs?

C33
08-10-2005, 02:33 PM
i could get you just about anything by motorpsycho, but i'm too lazy to upload it to yousendit:p

C33
08-10-2005, 03:04 PM
זורזרוזזוררזורוזררוזוררררררררר

bזffen

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Quiet
I've always wondered... how do your chances of being prosecuted using YouSendIt compare to your chances of being prosecuted using peer to peer programs?

as far as im aware, very little indeed. Since the person downloading can't see who uploaded the file, and you don't have to give a valid email address to send it to when you upload it anyway, cause it gives you a link to the download as soon as you're finished uploading it. Plus if you do use an email address, you can just use any webmail one.

I REALLY REALLY would love some Ulrich Schnauss if anyone has any.

I'm gonna upload a couple of albums today in the hope other people will follow suit. If you don't want to take part in the trade at least upload an album you think other people might be interested in. If you've got broadband, just leave it uploading on a minimised window, its no big deal! If this thread took off then everyone could have a bunch of free new albums every day... I spose people are thinking "yeah but I can just go on soulseek" but hopefully we can share some hard to find stuff.. and .. im at work so I can't go on soulseek or any other p2p network :(

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 06:18 AM
LOL someone has totally been repeat viewing this just to piss me off.

If anyone wants to check my music list link again and request anything I fixed my access to the work mp3 server so there's now about 250+ albums on that list.

Quiet
08-11-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm working on my music list at RateYourMusic.com. Once I'm done, I'll post a link so you can take a look at what I've got. My album collection isn't great, but I might have a couple things you'd be interested in. Of course, I can't upload anything at work, so I'd have to wait until I got home.

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
is there any album on my list that particularly catches your eye that i can upload for you?

Coen
08-11-2005, 09:00 AM
looks like your collection is missing paul simon

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Coen
looks like your collection is missing paul simon

as i say this is the stuff i have available at work

not that i would have paul simon at home anyway, you fagtastic flamer!!!

Quiet
08-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Dude, how did you end up with Daniel Bedingfield?

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds
I fixed my access to the work mp3 server

Most of the stuff on that list is on the work's server which has a big mix of stuff.. it's not even all on there.

I couldn't be arsed putting my stuff at home on, maybe slowly over time but it would take ages.

Ihaman
08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Air - The Virgin Suicides

Rider
08-12-2005, 02:19 AM
the only problem with this is yousendit sucks.