View Full Version : Things Billy ought to take heed of for SP reunion

spank_thru101
08-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I can't believe people put up with this shit. I guess no one is allowed to have their own opinions, which is funny considering you all think you know and feel what is better. I just wanted to post a thread stating what I would like to see in a reunited pumpkins, but obviously that is to much and prolly to mature for the most of you. Half of you waste you replys with homophobic remarks and another quarter spend it trying to chastise anyone elses thoughts (another ten percent of you feel that its needed to post pictures a women shooting dripping wet fecal matter out her ass in a bath tub).

To those of you who can't have a serious conversation, grow up.

Netphorian Gadabout
08-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by spank_thru101

2.Play BWBW in the MCIS fashion
3.Play the electric 1979 version. The acoustic one is nice, but cant beat the electric.
6.Get rid of the keyboards and piano...for the most part, use them sparingly.
These are my exact thoughts upon seeing the thread title.

spank_thru101
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RockLobster
11. don't listen to the fans

Har har har

Zorgon
08-09-2005, 04:23 PM

8. Get a great producer who wants to help bring the Pumpkins back to the fold (Vig, would be nice, so would Flood).

That's some good advice right there.

No more Bjorn!

'|' jIMMY '|'
08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
:D
Go Steve ALbini Go!

youngod
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
im glad there is an official on the board who can guide one step-by-step on how to be a successful musician.i agree-GO BILLY,TAKE 100 STEPS BACKWARDS AND RECLAIM YOUR CAREER!!!haha

paranoid
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Christ, im getting sick of these threads.

SHUT UP ALREADY!

I want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wah
I want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I want I want wah wah wahI want I want I wantI want I want I want I want wah wah wah I want wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wI want I want I want I want wah wah wahahaI want I want I want I want wah wah wahh wah

davin
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I just thought that we could throw in a few things that we would like to see or see change when Billy reforms the Pumpkins (in whatever incarnation).

My list is this:
1.Play the songs at the intended tempo.
Are you fucking kidding? Why not just play everything exactly like the album with no variation? The increased intensity level totally adds to the live show. Without tempo changes, what you get is TFE material live, which is boring.
Again, the band is not a juke box or its own greatest hits bands. Songs evolve.
3.Play the electric 1979 version. The acoustic one is nice, but cant beat the electric.
Same comments as above apply.
4.Don't skimp on the Adore material for live purposes.
5.Play the Adore material as it was intended, don't 'metallize' it or drastically change it. Some of us love the Adore material and hated the way it was performed live on the last tour.
7. For possible future records, stop using the word Love so much, while it is a powerful word, it is starting to wear out its welcome. Be a bit more creative in trying to convey that emotion.
Obviously, a comment from someone who has never been in love, or at least never passionately.
8. Get a great producer who wants to help bring the Pumpkins back to the fold (Vig, would be nice, so would Flood).
This one I agree with.
9. Don't be afraid to rock out and be mad...remember those albums that flopped?
Are you KIDDING ME?!?!!? This is in exact contradiction to #1, #2, #5, etc. You want them to rock out, but not increase the tempo?? You want them to play BWBW textbook, but you are telling him to "get mad"?? STFU
10. Pull out the marshall JCM 800 and the Big Muff.

Cherub Angel
08-09-2005, 04:54 PM
you're right this is a pointless thread. the guy is gonna do whatever he feels like.

it's one of the reasons why I've quit trying to predict what he does.

'|' jIMMY '|'
08-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you're right this is a pointless thread. the guy is gonna do whatever he feels like.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RockLobster quote:
Originally posted by davin

davin quote:
I just thought that we could throw in a few things that we would like to see or see change when Billy reforms the Pumpkins (in whatever incarnation).

My list is this:
Are you fucking kidding? Why not just play everything exactly like the album with no variation? The increased intensity level totally adds to the live show. Without tempo changes, what you get is TFE material live, which is boring.
5.Play the Adore material as it was intended, don't 'metallize' it or drastically change it. Some of us love the Adore material and hated the way it was performed live on the last tour.
7. For possible future records, stop using the word Love so much, while it is a powerful word, it is starting to wear out its welcome. Be a bit more creative in trying to convey that emotion.
Obviously, a comment from someone who has never been in love, or at least never passionately.
This one I agree with.
Are you KIDDING ME?!?!!? This is in exact contradiction to #1, #2, #5, etc. You want them to rock out, but not increase the tempo?? You want them to play BWBW textbook, but you are telling him to "get mad"?? STFU

RockLobster you're right this is a pointless thread. the guy is gonna do whatever he feels like.

paranoid Christ, im getting sick of these threads.

SHUT UP ALREADY!

youngod im glad there is an official on the board who can guide one step-by-step on how to be a successful musician.i agree-GO BILLY,TAKE 100 STEPS BACKWARDS AND RECLAIM YOUR CAREER!!!haha

'|' jIMMY '|'
Go Steve ALbini Go!

Zorgon quote:

No more Bjorn!

ciGarki so basically, take a step backward.

you can forget about the muff. 1 he doesn't play it live, and 2. i hiiiighly doubt you'll see that on an album again.

this thread should be more about the new material, not how to play the old, but i guess whatever's clever. party on.

spank_thru101 quote:

Har har har

Pumpkins23836 quote:

RockLobster 11. don't listen to the fans

spank_thru101 I just thought that we could throw in a few things that we would like to see or see change when Billy reforms the Pumpkins (in whatever incarnation).

My list is this:
Cherub Angel quote:

RockLobster quote:
Originally posted by davin

davin quote:

My list is this:
This one I agree with.

RockLobster you're right this is a pointless thread. the guy is gonna do whatever he feels like.

paranoid Christ, im getting sick of these threads.

SHUT UP ALREADY!

youngod im glad there is an official on the board who can guide one step-by-step on how to be a successful musician.i agree-GO BILLY,TAKE 100 STEPS BACKWARDS AND RECLAIM YOUR CAREER!!!haha

'|' jIMMY '|'
Go Steve ALbini Go!

Zorgon quote:

No more Bjorn!

ciGarki so basically, take a step backward.

you can forget about the muff. 1 he doesn't play it live, and 2. i hiiiighly doubt you'll see that on an album again.

this thread should be more about the new material, not how to play the old, but i guess whatever's clever. party on.

spank_thru101 quote:

Har har har

Pumpkins23836 quote:

RockLobster 11. don't listen to the fans

spank_thru101 I just thought that we could throw in a few things that we would like to see or see change when Billy reforms the Pumpkins (in whatever incarnation).

My list is this:

:smoke:

Cool As Ice Cream
08-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Har har har Why don't you get your own band if you know it all?

You can use these names for free: The Smashing Carrots, The Flushing Napkins, Pumpkins Shmumpkins, The Rocking Pumpkins.

Good luck.

mourninglight
08-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream

Flushing Napkins :rofl:

mourninglight
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by paranoid

i think i <3 ya Paranoid...

paranoid
08-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by mourninglight

i think i <3 ya Paranoid...

:love:

A100
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
NEWSFLASH

Billy Corgan isn't writing songs/making records/playing shows under any name to please you or me.

the sooner that everyone comes to terms with that, the better.

'|' jIMMY '|'
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mourninglight loves Paranoidaawwww.....

mourninglight
08-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by '|' jIMMY '|'
i'm full of l-o-v-e

'|' jIMMY '|'
08-09-2005, 06:42 PM
you two are such a couple! keep it up you guys!

Catherine Wheel
08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Billy has always made James do things even if James didnt want to do them. or stopped James from doing things that he might have wanted to do. that is the type of relationship that they have. James is essentially Billy's little bitch. he gets the ocassional songwriting credit and he has a unique sense of fashion. but hes also a "Yes" man. hes a slave.

Voice Implodes
08-09-2005, 07:02 PM
GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GET GET GET GET GET GET GET NOTHIN'!

STRAIGHT THROUGH THE MOTHERFUCKING HEART!

Reyngel
08-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I'd be happy if Billy did the following:

1. Laid off the reverb. It's to the point, now, where you can barely hear the heart and soul of the guitar anymore. He distorts the sound so much that it sounds more like a wall of synthesizers that it does a wall of guitars. I'd really like to see a return to music that emphasizes the instrument itelf, as opposed to the technology that's surfaced over the past five years.

2. Used more piano. It's the one thing that he's allowed himself to continue working on that has actually improved over the years, and I think he could really evolve the cues he gave rise to in Adore. I still want the rock, but the Pumpkins are known for their dynamics, and when applicable, a good piano part by Billy would be awesome on an album.

3. Teamed up with Jimmy to convince James that a revival is worth doing. Billy may be full of shit, but Jimmy's a different story.

Izzle
08-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream
Flushing Napkins

lawl.

tenfold
08-09-2005, 07:28 PM
billy should follow the following as follows:

let me hear some of that rock and roll music
any old way you choose it
its got a back beat you can't lost it
any old time you use it
its gotta be rock roll music
if you wanna dance with me

silvermachina
08-09-2005, 07:29 PM
I personally enjoy watching Billy make people uncomfortable...even the "fans". If everything he did was so cut and dried, he wouldn't be him. Wasn't that the point of the Pumpkins in the beginning...to be a fresh and innovative musical statement? Why "go back" to anything if the whole point of the band was and is to push the limits of creativity? If I wanted non-evolved, mediocre, mid-90s alt-rock in 2005 I'd listen to Audioslave or Foo Fighters.

alisonmonster
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
just be glad he even wants a reunion. geez.

Corganist
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by silvermachina
I personally enjoy watching Billy make people uncomfortable...even the "fans". If everything he did was so cut and dried, he wouldn't be him. Wasn't that the point of the Pumpkins in the beginning...to be a fresh and innovative musical statement? Why "go back" to anything if the whole point of the band was and is to push the limits of creativity? If I wanted non-evolved, mediocre, mid-90s alt-rock in 2005 I'd listen to Audioslave or Foo Fighters.
I agree with this 1000 percent.

Billy is doing this SP thing so he doesn't have to "take heed" of anything. He should just make the music he wants to make, however he wants to make it, and with whoever he wants to make it with.

Cherub Angel
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

I agree with this 1000 percent.

Billy is doing this SP thing so he doesn't have to "take heed" of anything. He should just make the music he wants to make, however he wants to make it, and with whoever he wants to make it with.

further more, it's his band.

spank_thru101
08-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ciGarki
so basically, take a step backward.

1. I never said he had to play the muff or the 800 live, just use them again.

2. I can wish, can't I?

spank_thru101
08-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Christ, im getting sick of these threads.

SHUT UP ALREADY!

Boy you made your point, I guess everyone learned their lesson on not to post stupid asinine stuff.

spank_thru101
08-09-2005, 10:23 PM
I hope you caught the sarcasm there, if not your mother should have just done drugs while she was pregnant. At least if you were born retarded then there would be a reason.

oddhandle
08-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Don't self-produce. Don't establish a list of schemes (One guitar track, all bombastic, written by a band pretending to be the public preception of itself, etc.), just let the songs breathe.

The tour shouldn't need five guitarists, Mike Garson, or Chris Holmes on crazy sounds.

Start thinking like you have to try 100 times harder than everyone else to make it, and stop thinking like you are an artist ahead of your time and that everything you do is unlike anything that has come before.

If need be, visualize yourself with hair.

paranoid
08-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I hope you caught the sarcasm there, if not your mother should have just done drugs while she was pregnant. At least if you were born retarded then there would be a reason.

Oh really? Oh shit, i thought you were serious!!

Same could be said for you, fuckface. After all, you created this crap pile.

paranoid
08-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Here, I've got one--->

SCREAM ALL OF THE LYRICS LIKE U USED 2 BOLLY!!!!!! IT REMINDS ME OF DAYS WHEN I FELT BETTER ABOUT MASELF!! MAKE MA DREAMZ CUM TROOO!!!!

SpFission
08-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Do whatever the fuck you want B0lly..

Just make sure it rocks and I like it. :cool:

paranoid
08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SpFission

Just make sure it rocks and I like it. :cool:

There, now we're being realistic here!

mourninglight
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SpFission

Just make sure it rocks and I like it. :cool: we have a winner!

Quiet CD
08-09-2005, 11:58 PM
when you think that shit on netphoria can't get any stupider, then there are threads like this...

...suggestion, if you wanna hear BWBW (or any song for that matter) exactly like it is on the CD or in your words "intended"... listen to it on a really LOUD sound system or put on headphones and turn the volume louder than you should.

pumpkingrrrl
08-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by oddhandle
Don't self-produce. Don't establish a list of schemes (One guitar track, all bombastic, written by a band pretending to be the public preception of itself, etc.), just let the songs breathe.

The tour shouldn't need five guitarists, Mike Garson, or Chris Holmes on crazy sounds.

Start thinking like you have to try 100 times harder than everyone else to make it, and stop thinking like you are an artist ahead of your time and that everything you do is unlike anything that has come before.

LOL

but seriously, Billy is not going to do what the fans want him to do. if people who claim they are fans have not realized this yet, they are complete idiots.

youngod
08-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
I'd be happy if Billy did the following:

1. Laid off the reverb. It's to the point, now, where you can barely hear the heart and soul of the guitar anymore. He distorts the sound so much that it sounds more like a wall of synthesizers that it does a wall of guitars. I'd really like to see a return to music that emphasizes the instrument itelf, as opposed to the technology that's surfaced over the past five years.

2. Used more piano. It's the one thing that he's allowed himself to continue working on that has actually improved over the years, and I think he could really evolve the cues he gave rise to in Adore. I still want the rock, but the Pumpkins are known for their dynamics, and when applicable, a good piano part by Billy would be awesome on an album.

3. Teamed up with Jimmy to convince James that a revival is worth doing. Billy may be full of shit, but Jimmy's a different story.

delays and reverbs just surfaced over the last 5 years?...

redbreegull
08-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I agree with Corganist. People so easily forget that the Pumpkins were one of the first "grunge" bands, and they started by playing a kind of music that wasn't very popular. By the time the music was mainstream, Billy wanted to do something else, move a different direction. That's what the band ALWAYS was. It's not like he's doing anything different now. I mean, didn't people bitch about the change in sound from Siamese Dream to mellon Collie?

Wasn't the last time the band used the SP heart during the Mellon Collie era?

Cherub Angel
08-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by pumpkingrrrl

LOL

but seriously, Billy is not going to do what the fans want him to do. if people who claim they are fans have not realized this yet, they are complete idiots.

very true. I just catch and ride right now. He does his thing (whatever it is), that's what I come for. He's not one of those guys who's going to be playing the hits over and over again just to please people.....hell, I think we'd be bored if that was all he did and we'd be bitching that he wasn't changing it up enough.

once you stop expecting the expected it's very easy to like this band.

Esty
08-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Along for the ride? Pathetic.

He Bill, if you continue to piss me off, I won't be a fan anymore. Maybe i've outgrown you or maybe you just aren't capable of making good music anymore. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Pumpkins or not.

neopryn
08-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Esty

He Bill, if you continue to piss me off, I won't be a fan anymore. Maybe i've outgrown you or maybe you just aren't capable of making good music anymore. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Pumpkins or not.

redbreegull
08-10-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm sure he wouldn't care that much if you stopped being a fan. Nothing personal, but if you don't like then he's not playing for you. He's playing for the people who get it.

Future Boy
08-10-2005, 03:04 AM
If Iha joins, what will you guys say then?

Esty
08-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by redbreegull
I'm sure he wouldn't care that much if you stopped being a fan. Nothing personal, but if you don't like then he's not playing for you. He's playing for the people who get it.

Nope, Billy does care. You kid yourself if you think otherwise. He's also playing for himself, and no one else. Get that out your head. Finally if Iha is back, I would most likely be all for SP2. I just hope he doesn't fuck it up which is what has been going on with his career lately.

neopryn
08-10-2005, 03:17 AM
i too will at least eagerly await the album if iha returns, even moreso if d'arcy does. i just don't have confidence in the guy anymore.

Esty
08-10-2005, 03:19 AM
I will go along with nate. Wherever he goes, I go. Its as stupid as following Bill on his "ride".

Future Boy
08-10-2005, 03:31 AM
What.

youngod
08-10-2005, 03:44 AM

man im sure he will be suicidal if he looooooooooooooses YOU as a fan....we must keep this a secret from ol' willy c.

neopryn
08-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by youngod
looses Originally posted by youngod
looses

ChristHimself!
08-10-2005, 04:07 AM
as long as there is no mike garson involvement and they dont play that SHITE uptempo strummed version of to shiela, I'm happy.

paranoid
08-10-2005, 04:31 AM
meh, I haven't lost any confidence in Billy. The only problem is that he seems to put the so so material on records when he's writing great shit, that for whatever reason, he is not releasing. My point, he's still writing great songs, and aging well.

Neowhatever, you're wasting space.

MsMayonaise
08-10-2005, 06:16 AM

I couldn't agree more...
:2thumbsup

homechicago
08-10-2005, 02:23 PM
for an sp reunion, i want all four original members.

if d'arcy is still drugging it up, get her, throw her in rehab, and cut the crap already.

if james is sulking around about things, billy and james should go on dr. phil and resolve their issues.

i cannot say for certain i'd like the reunion if it isn't the same dysfunctional four.

A100
08-10-2005, 02:26 PM
i like that lots of people are already condemning the reunion.

i wonder if SP was ever about music to these people.

Dead
08-10-2005, 03:36 PM
(another ten percent of you feel that its needed to post pictures a women shooting dripping wet fecal matter out her ass in a bath tub).
http://supak.com/spencer/salute.first.tooth.200.jpg

A100
08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I can't believe people put up with this shit. I guess no one is allowed to have their own opinions, which is funny considering you all think you know and feel what is better. I just wanted to post a thread stating what I would like to see in a reunited pumpkins, but obviously that is to much and prolly to mature for the most of you. Half of you waste you replys with homophobic remarks and another quarter spend it trying to chastise anyone elses thoughts (another ten percent of you feel that its needed to post pictures a women shooting dripping wet fecal matter out her ass in a bath tub).

To those of you who can't have a serious conversation, grow up.

NEXT!

Dead
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
grow a full head of curly hair.
That ship has sailed.

Dead
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ShotFullOfDiamonds
that SHITE uptempo strummed version of to shielaYou asshole, this is the best version. It doesn't put me to sleep!

chrisothoulos
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
spank thru, your comments are best left to yourself... what makes you feel like you can talk for all SP fans? incredible

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by chrisothoulos
spank thru, your comments are best left to yourself... what makes you feel like you can talk for all SP fans? incredible

When did I say I was or could talk for all SP fans, I was only stating my opinions.

I am sure you have done the same.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Dead
You asshole, this is the best version. It doesn't put me to sleep!

Its a decent version, but I think it kinda sucks cause its missing the bridge part (where billy sings "lately I just can't seem to believe...")

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Here, I've got one--->

SCREAM ALL OF THE LYRICS LIKE U USED 2 BOLLY!!!!!! IT REMINDS ME OF DAYS WHEN I FELT BETTER ABOUT MASELF!! MAKE MA DREAMZ CUM TROOO!!!!

WTF, you need to take some xanax before you give everyone around you has a heart attack.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Quiet CD
when you think that shit on netphoria can't get any stupider, then there are threads like this...

...suggestion, if you wanna hear BWBW (or any song for that matter) exactly like it is on the CD or in your words "intended"... listen to it on a really LOUD sound system or put on headphones and turn the volume louder than you should.

I am sorry if I prefer the MCIS tour versions of BWBW, I think the sped up bassy versions of the song ruins not only the performance, but also the entire song in its context. So sue me for stating a fucking preference.

COG
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM

I am sorry if I prefer the MCIS tour versions of BWBW, I think the sped up bassy versions of the song ruins not only the performance, but also the entire song in its context. So sue me for stating a fucking preference.

Well, if it is a preference, then why is this topic not named "My wish list from Billy Clause" You said these were things that Needed to be done for them to be good again. You need to say what you mean, and mean what you say.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Ok I just wanna say that I never actually intended Billy to see this and read it and then decide to take my advice, but they were things that I wouldn't mind if Billy chose to pursue when they reunite. And for all you idiots who are intent on flaming me for this just remember half of you cried after Adore/machina/tfe was released cause it was never what you wanted and you have spent years giving Billy shit for it and thinking that you knew when and where it all went wrong and how to fix it. I am willing to hear whatever the fuck he does next and I will be there to hear it, but these are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing him take in before he takes the stage or hits the studio again.

A100
08-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by COG

Well, if it is a preference, then why is this topic not named "My wish list from Billy Clause" You said these were things that Needed to be done for them to be good again. You need to say what you mean, and mean what you say.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by COG

really...have you ever read before or do you just sum up the letters and punctuations and build a picture to any of your liking in your head. I said that these were things Billy should take HEED of (heed is pay attention) never once did I state that these were NEEDED for them to be big again. And I think everyone who has an ounce of common sense can tell that they are just my opinions, ........but then again maybe not, afterall when one of you fucktards says linda strawberry is a whore it must be the gospel.

Esty
08-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by A100
i like that lots of people are already condemning the reunion.

i wonder if SP was ever about music to these people.

The fact that we want most of the original members back is because of the music shit for brains. James didn't exactly kill me with his humor and Darcy didn't make me want to masterbate. Its always been about the music. Especially live which is where they shined the most.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I second that and want to add that whether or not the other members participated in the creation of the music in the studio, their relationships with one another helped to shape it.

paranoid
08-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Actually, I've appreciated Adore, Machina and TFE very much. I never said "This needs to be done! It'd be better this way!" Of course we all have our preferences, but it gets ridiculous after a while. I admit that i wish certain songs had been released over others, but that's something I myself can not control.

With that many preferences, you're bound to be dissapointed. I for the life of me can't understand why people stick around if they will continue to be dissapointed.

I have a question for everyone, when was the last time Billy produced something that really meant something to you? I've been reading this board for years... some sat through Machina, and hated it. They proceeded to sit through MSTOS, hated it. TFE comes around, the same people hate it. The mans been making music for the past 5 years that you don't seem to like, why are you still supporting him? Do you just like to give someone a hard time?

One guy in this post stated not word for word, "If Bolly dissapoints me one more time, I'm done with him." It aint gonna happen! You'll be dissapointed, I guarentee.. you're at a point now where you can't be pleased and the music you did like is so far in the years past. Just give up now, let those who enjoy it, enjoy it.

Billy can handle losing the fans, they've been coming and going over his entire career. People grow out of music, or grow into new music.

This thread, I'm sorry, was complete garbage. Good for you, you shared your opinion, but it honestly makes you look like someone who has too much fucking time to waste.

oddhandle
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
This thread, I'm sorry, was complete garbage. Good for you, you shared your opinion, but it honestly makes you look like someone who has too much fucking time to waste.

DOES THIS APPLY TO YOU TOO, BY CHANCE?

paranoid
08-10-2005, 05:27 PM

DOES THIS APPLY TO YOU TOO, BY CHANCE?

Yes. Want a treat?

oddhandle
08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Alright then. We're in this together.

Starla
08-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I think Billy needs to get laid more often.

Maybe some oral would help.

paranoid
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by To Starla
I think Billy needs to get laid more often.

Maybe some oral would help.

what r u waiting 4?

youngod
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by neopryn

nooses oozes juices bruises

anchorman sucks

A100
08-10-2005, 05:54 PM

The fact that we want most of the original members back is because of the music shit for brains. James didn't exactly kill me with his humor and Darcy didn't make me want to masterbate. Its always been about the music. Especially live which is where they shined the most.

shit for brains... aww, that's cute. i just got insulted by someone on an internet message board! oh! woah is me!

here's a fact: James and Darcy had a lot less to do with the sound of the pumpkins than Billy and Jimmy did... they also can't take credit for most of what was written... say all you want about the interplay between them as musicians, (and this applies more to D'arcy than to James) but if they were just playing parts that were handed to them, anyone else can fill in.

besides, Adore was made without Jimmy. the machina stuff sounded just as good (if not better) live with Melissa. by the end of it most of what James was doing was wanking with an ebow and a whammy pedal, and most of that i could have lived without. whether James and Darcy are in it or not, it's still going to be the pumpkins.
Get over it.
you can't change it, you don't have an influence over it.

paranoid
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM

shit for brains... aww, that's cute. i just got insulted by someone on an internet message board! oh! woah is me!

here's a fact: James and Darcy had a lot less to do with the sound of the pumpkins than Billy and Jimmy did... they also can't take credit for most of what was written... say all you want about the interplay between them as musicians, (and this applies more to D'arcy than to James) but if they were just playing parts that were handed to them, anyone else can fill in.

besides, Adore was made without Jimmy. the machina stuff sounded just as good (if not better) live with Melissa. by the end of it most of what James was doing was wanking with an ebow and a whammy pedal, and most of that i could have lived without. whether James and Darcy are in it or not, it's still going to be the pumpkins.
Get over it.
you can't change it, you don't have an influence over it.

I disagagree. The Machina tour was probably the worst, lacked a lot of the energy that all previous tours had. Arising was the last great tour they did.

Ok, it was good, but not as good.

btw, how does anyone REALLY know the interplay of the band? Im getting so sick of this argument. I for one stand by that James and Darcy had a huge influence on the band. If not, they would have both been replaced after Siamese Dream was recorded.

spank_thru101
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I just want to say that I didn't intend for this thread to piss people off, I just thought it might be a good idea for us to toss about ideas that we would like to see in the future pumpkins, in hopes that these ideas would help bring them back to the top of the charts and into the hearts of past fans, future fans, and people who have lost interest in ever listening to Corgan (it really surprises me to this day when I mention SP to a 20 something and they have no clue who I am talking about, yet if you mention someone like Christina Aguleria or Vanilla Ice they know exaclty who they are for all the wrong reasons).

I just thought this would be a better thread than, 'Billy was pretty faggy wasn't he' or 'what are your top SP songs of all time' threads.

COG
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM

I just thought this would be a better thread than, 'Billy was pretty faggy wasn't he' or 'what are your top SP songs of all time' threads.

Hey, I'll have you know that the 'Billy was pretty faggy wasn't he' thread is likey one of the best ever.

Esty
08-10-2005, 06:58 PM
here's a fact:

No, its an opinion shit for brains.

TheDeuce
08-10-2005, 07:19 PM

I know this has been quoted twice already, but I don't think Billy needs any advice other than this. Very nice post. Kudos and all that slap happy crap.

Oh, and I also thought (when the original first post was there) of adding this, just because I keep noticing it.

#. Try to lay off the word Innocense (or how ever he feels like spelling it). It seems you've been stuck on it since MACHINA, and it's getting on my nerves.

A100
08-10-2005, 08:26 PM

No, its an opinion shit for brains.

God Bless The Internet.

if you really do insist on being a dickhead, go check the liner notes.

Esty
08-10-2005, 08:28 PM

go check the liner notes.

????????

A100
08-10-2005, 08:34 PM

????????

here, i'll even hold your hand!

1. Go pull out all the pumpkins albums
2. Count the number of songs credited to Billy Corgan
3. Count the number of songs credited to James Iha
4. Count the number of songs credited to D'arcy
5. Compare/Contrast
6. Post your results!

it's fun, it's easy, and the whole family can play!

Esty
08-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh jesus, everyone knows Billy wrote it all and had james any good songs his shit would still be made a bside because Billy is an asshole like that. My opinion, not a fact. That isn't what we were discussing/arguing. God, you're stupid as shit.

A100
08-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh jesus, everyone knows Billy wrote it all

Yes, like i said, BC had more to do with the sound of the pumpkins than any other member. thanks for playing!

mourninglight
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM

I have a question for everyone, when was the last time Billy produced something that really meant something to you?

TFE...

boy, my ADD really wanted to kick in on this thread

ContraryMary
08-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TheDeuce

#. Try to lay off the word Innocense (or how ever he feels like spelling it). It seems you've been stuck on it since MACHINA, and it's getting on my nerves.

really? That word hasn't bothered me. All though it's only really awesome use was in Ruby - your innocence is treasure, your innocence is death, your innocence is all I have - makes me kinda teary

neopryn
08-10-2005, 10:18 PM

Yes, like i said, BC had more to do with the sound of the pumpkins than any other member. thanks for playing! no one's arguing that you stupid fuck.

chrisothoulos
08-11-2005, 12:52 AM

who is some of us?

davin
08-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I have a question for everyone, when was the last time Billy produced something that really meant something to you? I've been reading this board for years... some sat through Machina, and hated it. They proceeded to sit through MSTOS, hated it. TFE comes around, the same people hate it. The mans been making music for the past 5 years that you don't seem to like, why are you still supporting him? Do you just like to give someone a hard time?

well, i have to say that billy's music still means something to me. i can still find a way to connect with the music at a thematic level (e.g. overall youth and carefree-ness of zwan album). otherwise i wouldn't be here. though I am constantly drawn back to the pumpkins, i still support his artistic freedom, and respect him for doing whatever the fuck he wants.

being a fan of the heavier/distortion-ridden material, and a person who out of 17 shows thinks the arising was the best, its has been very hard for me to adjust. yet, his music still finds a place, even when its a style that i would instantly throw away if performed by anyone else.

You know I'm true
Wasn't born to follow
You know I'm true
Wasn't born to follow
You stay with me
You stay with me when I go

A100
08-11-2005, 05:57 AM
no one's arguing that you stupid fuck.

pay attention next time, esty was.

ChristHimself!
08-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Dead
You asshole, this is the best version. It doesn't put me to sleep!

enjoy mediocrity, cunt.

neopryn
08-11-2005, 02:09 PM

pay attention next time, esty was.

Oh jesus, everyone knows Billy wrote it all and had james any good songs his shit would still be made a bside because Billy is an asshole like that. My opinion, not a fact. That isn't what we were discussing/arguing. God, you're stupid as shit.

shut up whore

spank_thru101
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM

yeah dude. obviously spank thru didn't even glance at the contents.

You right I didn't glance at it at all cause of the title, I had no intention of reading a thread with a title like that. I figured it would be another shouting match like every other thread. I am sure that some people looked at this thread expecting it to be something serious and instead got this shit.

spank_thru101
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by chrisothoulos

who is some of us?

Us is plural and means more than one person, and yes I know more than one person that did not care for the metal version of Ava Adore or Pug (I personally like the metal version of Pug and the shorter/faster version of To Sheila, but the original ones and the ones played during the Adore era I feel are superior).

A100
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by needledick

shut up whore

Cute.

spank_thru101
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok I will take that into consideration.

Esty
08-11-2005, 03:54 PM

james and dar'cy shined live?

No, the pumpkins were fantastic live. James & darcy were part of the pumpkins and as long as 3 of the members were always present, they would continued to be. Billy isn't just the pumpkins and it saddens me that people think so. I'm going to be very hesistant if Bill doesn't manage to get James or Darcy/melissa back. Its going to take a lot to convince me and many others. Without a decent band, he's nothing. TFE tour proved that to me.

Dead
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM

No, the pumpkins were fantastic live. James & darcy were part of the pumpkins and as long as 3 of the members were always present, they would continued to be. Billy isn't just the pumpkins and it saddens me that people think so.
I agree.

neopryn
08-11-2005, 09:37 PM

Cute. so you're going to disregard the part of my post where i proved you wrong? that's cool.

A100
08-12-2005, 06:21 AM
so you're going to disregard the part of my post where i proved you wrong? that's cool.

Actually, all you proved was that Esty agreed with the statement that BC wrote most of the material for the smashing pumpkins.

oh yeah, by the way, that wasn't what we were arguing about, did you "disregard" the rest of it?