View Full Version : overdrafts

SuckSuckStyle
08-04-2005, 01:12 PM
fucking hell man. my groceries cleared before my paycheck. wtf. i just wanted some groceries and now im in the hole $90

I HATE THE SYSTEM

TIMb
08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
i luuurve mine. interest free!!

SuckSuckStyle
08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
the only people who get screwed over are people who cant afford it. like me. now my week is shot. totally shot.

TIMb
08-04-2005, 01:18 PM
i'm sorry to hear that. it really sucks.

thank god for mine. i NEVER get paid on time. and when i get paid it's with a shitty cheque that'll take ten days to clear. i'll only get last months salary halfway through THIS MONTH! without my overdraft, i wouldn't be able to pay my rent.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-04-2005, 01:32 PM
My bank won't give me overdraft protection because I overdrew ONCE by $1 a year ago. Bastards.

TIMb
08-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds
...because I overdrew ONCE by $1 a year ago. Bastards.

harsh!

sppunk
08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
the only people who get screwed over are people who cant afford it. like me. now my week is shot. totally shot. No, the only people who get screwed are those who can't manage a bank account properly.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
No, the only people who get screwed are those who can't manage a bank account properly.

Mine was overdrafted cause three rent checks were cashed on the same day.

pee pee colada
08-04-2005, 01:49 PM
bank of america is really cool in that when i go to deposit my paychecks at the ATM, 80% of my deposit is instantly available to me. so i don't worry about that crap.

sppunk
08-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Mine was overdrafted cause three rent checks were cashed on the same day. You hadn't noticed they weren't cashed prior to this, though?

Poor negligence on someone else's behalf (like this shitty landlord) not withstanding my earlier comment. That just plain sucks.

Krazee's Ghost
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm supposed to not have overdraft protection, but since my bank loves me, I have up to $500.

I switched to my current bank (MBFinancial) from Citibank because Citibank tried to screw me with something like $120 in charges, but I had them remove all the charges and cancel my account. (Then they tried to do the same because they didn't close my savings account with it, like I asked them to. So I got out of paying everything...even the overdrafts. I don't really understand how they tried to fuck me anyway.)

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by sppunk
You hadn't noticed they weren't cashed prior to this, though?

Poor negligence on someone else's behalf (like this shitty landlord) not withstanding my earlier comment. That just plain sucks.

Come down off your high horse, you spoiled brat.

Krazee's Ghost
08-05-2005, 12:49 AM

SuckSuckStyle
08-05-2005, 10:32 AM

thank you

SuckSuckStyle
08-05-2005, 10:37 AM
sometimes waiting 'a few days' for it to clear is not an option.

especially when your job fucks up and doesnt pay you for 3 weeks.

do you like to eat food? yeah me too.

i am currently on the phone with the head of the university financial department because once again they screwed up my paycheck which is completely illegal and unacceptable. if they do not pay me today, the bank will start charging me more and even if i get paid i wont be able to get out of debt

so fuck off with your financial responsibilty bullshit.