View Full Version : Group of California Fans File Lawsuit Against Billy Corgan

Sam and Mike
07-30-2005, 11:23 PM
California Fans Sue Billy Corgan

A group of 14 fans from Northern California filed a lawsuit Friday against Billy Corgan, lead singer and principal songwriter for The Smashing Pumpkins, claiming misrepresentation, fraud and emotional trauma.

The fans claim Corgan misrepresented himself when he allegedly said The Smashing Pumpkins were over, defrauded them of thousands of dollars and caused them emotional harm.

At the supposed final Smashing Pumpkins concert, Corgan said he would "never play these [Pumpkins] songs again." Corgan later took out a full page ad in the Chicago Tribune on June 21, the same day as the release of his first solo album, The Future Embrace, stating he intended to reform The Smashing Pumpkins.

The fans spent in excess of $20,000 collectively on travel, ticket, and other expenses for The Smashing Pumpkins' final shows.

"I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I've lived for five years with the belief that I was at the very last Smashing Pumpkins show and now that's not true. I've been crying for weeks. I never thought he would do this. I was there at that last show; I saw Billy weep," said a teary Angel Garcia.

The fans are planning on turning their lawsuit into a class action suit.

The Smashing Pumpkins performed what Corgan claimed was their final show on December 2, 2000 in Chicago.

Corgan and his representatives refused to comment.

The law firm of Scott, Nichols & Matteucci is representing the fans.

COG
07-30-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL, thats all I can say

TheEdgeboy
07-30-2005, 11:25 PM
you've got to be kiddin...i call bullshit.

Sam and Mike
07-30-2005, 11:26 PM
www.newsmodesto.com

:eek: :erm

stellawasadiver
07-30-2005, 11:29 PM
OMFG
that has got to be the most retarded news ever.
:erm :erm :erm :erm :erm :erm

vbshlofbvgos
07-30-2005, 11:31 PM
people like that put me in favor of capital punishment.

WalkingStrayz
07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
hahaha thats fuckin hilarious.
you'd think if they were true fans they'd be happy he wants to reform the pumpkins.

stellawasadiver
07-30-2005, 11:35 PM
billy doesnt need anymore stress....
ugh
:mad:

mourninglight
07-30-2005, 11:36 PM
you have got to be kidding me!! that's disgusting, sick, and disgraceful... fucking asses

no court is going to side with the "fans" on this... retards

bunch of whiney babies

cynamonhill
07-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Heres a thought.. if you are such a bunch of hardcore fans, why not be happy that you can hear the Pumpkins again?
X.cynamonhill

WalkingStrayz
07-30-2005, 11:42 PM
exactly^^^

dean moriaty
07-30-2005, 11:52 PM
all i can say is wow.

"wow"

Mayfuck
07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Awesome. Just awesome.

eraserhead
07-31-2005, 12:10 AM
FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!

"crying all week"

"i saw bOlly weep"

what a bunch of motherfuckers! ahahhaah. you think they'd be happy to have been able to see the last performance. what i wouldn't give.... and now they bitch because he's regrouping? this is captalism at its worst, cashing in on anything they can...

avsfan7733
07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
people like that put me in favor of capital punishment.

:cheers:

Cherub Angel
07-31-2005, 12:44 AM
wow, bunch of whiners. judge will toss it.

paranoid
07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
If this is real, these people are seriously fucking retarded. FUCK.

What kind of DUMB ASS spends $20,000 fucking grand on a concert??? SERIOUSLY. I had my chance to go to the shows, but once I had found out that it was going to cost me about $1,000 to go (tickets, travel, hotels, food, etc etc.) I said fuck it, they'll probably reunite at some other time anyway.

FUCK! DIE WHORES DIE!

Cherub Angel
07-31-2005, 12:50 AM
hey, wait a second....on the main page it says you can publish your own article.

So is it possible that this could be a complete farce?

wHATcOLOR
07-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Sam and Mike
www.newsmodesto.com

:eek: :erm

uh, there's two links right there to publish your own stories

Cherub Angel
07-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Jerome

uh, there's two links right there to publish your own stories

yep, it's gotta be fake.

eraserhead
07-31-2005, 12:57 AM
it better be fake. quite pathetic if not.

'|' jIMMY '|'
07-31-2005, 12:58 AM
Cherub Angel said "hey, wait a second....on the main page it says you can publish your own article."

thanks for bringing that up cherub angel.

Deege
07-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Billy didn't ask them to go out of their way to go. He also didn't make them scalp their tickets (which is illegal...they would have only spent $35 on their tickets if it were up to him)...not only will their lawsuit be thrown out but if they mention how much they spent on tickets they could be charged with illegal ticket scalping as well.

well, if it was true anyway, but obviously fake.

Dead
07-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Man I was thinking the same thing, so many people spent thousands of dollars on the final show.. and it wasn't.

Dead
07-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by stellawasadiver
billy doesnt need anymore stress....
ugh
:mad:
Whoa, reading this post I thought it was by Corgan Rules.

Deege
07-31-2005, 01:05 AM
true but it was billed as "the farewell concerts"...farewell doesn't always mean forever. they technically didn't use the word final, although in interviews he said it was.

Dead
07-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty shocked by the overwhelming support for Billy Corgan shown in this thread. What's wrong with Netphoria tonight?

'|' jIMMY '|'
07-31-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Dead
I'm pretty shocked by the overwhelming support for Billy Corgan shown in this thread. What's wrong with Netphoria tonight?
I think those luscious jugs of yours says it all!
;)

Preston
07-31-2005, 01:16 AM
i do believe this fits up there with the mcdonalds coffee law suit...just a bunch of greedy bastards trying to cash in on someone else...kinda like the music industry today...

Dead
07-31-2005, 01:20 AM
The coffee lady suffered 3rd degree burns all over her body, jerk.

Check it out:

Ms. Liebeck suffered third-degree burns over 6 percent of her body, including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, genitals and groin.
Ms. Liebeck was hospitalized for 8 days, and required skin grafting and debridement treatments.
Parts of Ms. Liebeck's body were permanently scarred.

Cherub Angel
07-31-2005, 01:21 AM
isn't coffee supposed to be hot? That is definitely hot coffee........hotter than normal......but coffee is supposed to be hot.

The coffee lady suffered 3rd degree burns all over her body, jerk.

Check it out:

Ms. Liebeck suffered third-degree burns over 6 percent of her body, including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, genitals and groin.
Ms. Liebeck was hospitalized for 8 days, and required skin grafting and debridement treatments.
Parts of Ms. Liebeck's body were permanently scarred.

stellawasadiver
07-31-2005, 01:25 AM

Whoa, reading this post I thought it was by Corgan Rules.
good, thats what i was going for
haha

youngod
07-31-2005, 01:26 AM

you mean whats right with this board tonite?

Dead
07-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel
isn't coffee supposed to be hot? That is definitely hot coffee........hotter than normal......but coffee is supposed to be hot.

Not that hot, look:

* McDonalds required their coffee kept at 185 degrees Fahrenheit, plus or minus 5 degrees, significantly higher than other establishments. [Coffee is usually served at 135 to 140 degrees]
* An expert testified that 180 degree liquids will cause full thickness burns in 2 to 7 seconds.
* McDonalds knew before this accident that burn hazards exist with any foods served above 140 degrees.
* McDonalds knew that its coffee would burn drinkers at the temperature they served it.
* McDonalds research showed that customers consumed coffee immediately while driving.
* McDonalds knew of over 700 people burned by its coffee, including many third-degree burns similar to Ms. Liebeck's.
* McDonalds had received previous requests from consumers and safety organizations to lower their coffee temperature.

Evidence showed that McDonalds served their coffee so hot to save money. This let them get away with a cheaper grade of coffee and cut down on the number of free refills they had to give away. McDonalds executives testified that they thought it would be cheaper to pay claims and worker's compensation benefits to people burned by their coffee versus making any of these changes.

Tribute2JohnnyB
07-31-2005, 02:24 AM
super retarded.

slunky_munky
07-31-2005, 02:42 AM
surely any judge would side with the idea that Billy legitimately thought the band was over back then.

and until the band actually exists again there can't be a case?

Billy should drag it on and sonso their lawyers bill them for a tonne of time. Won't worry about their $20,000 then.

stealthninja
07-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Story might be fake, but the law firm mentioned is indeed real.

Scott, Nichols & Matteucci
http://www.stocktoninjuryattorney.com/

If this is real, I doubt these buggers could
hold up against any firm b0lly could hire.
Stupid, stupid people.

Dead
07-31-2005, 02:54 AM
Billy has such an ego I'd be surprised if he didn't represent himself.

Ugly
07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
That is so awesome, I wish those fans are Netphorians.

And I wish and pray even more that the story is real.

shattering fast
07-31-2005, 06:30 AM
If that's real, they would have to be the biggest dickheads on this planet. They would be up there GWB.

Regardless, I'm sure Billy's lawyers would be heaps better and $20,000 would be water off a b0lly's head, anyway.

Phoenix Down
07-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Those people are retarded but it's not too far away from the people here saying "i don't want the pumpkins back, if d'arcy and james are not gonna be in it". think about it

Starla
07-31-2005, 08:26 AM
There's only one paper for Modesto and it's named the "Modesto Bee". This is a "Publish your own news in Modesto" type of site.

I don't believe the story is real.

D.
07-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Billy has such an ego I'd be surprised if he didn't represent himself.

GlasgowKiss
07-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Goddamn thats brilliant.

Pantomime
07-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
Goddamn thats brilliant.

Why?

GlasgowKiss
07-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Pantomime

Why?

He deserves to be sued a little bit at least.

Sam Vimes
07-31-2005, 09:28 AM
where is "corgan rules"?

KManXC
07-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix Down
Those people are retarded but it's not too far away from the people here saying "i don't want the pumpkins back, if d'arcy and james are not gonna be in it". think about it
Apparently that's its own lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'm going to call Johnny Cochran... oh wait, he's dead.

Pantomime
07-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss

He deserves to be sued a little bit at least.

Hmm, surprised he's never been sued before...

SpFission
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
who wants to go on a road trip to California and bust a few caps in their asses? anyone?

MonteLDS
07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
i wonder if mike is in on this lawsuit.

i know i am not.

SpFission
07-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by **********

that's hilarious and awesome

# 2

LOL @

omg poor bilyl!

actually its just pretty dumb. sorry.

tcm
07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by stealthninja
Story might be fake, but the law firm mentioned is indeed real.

Scott, Nichols & Matteucci
http://www.stocktoninjuryattorney.com/
i'm guessing this case would fall under the category of "Burns, Head Trauma, & Brain Injury" on account of how fucking hard these bastards got rocked that night.

SpFission
07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
originally posted by **********

i wonder if i could get in on a little bit of this action

i fucking flew from HAWAII to chicago and bought tickets at $150 each for the UC show thinking that it was the last chance i could ever have to see SP

I FEEL VIOLATED AND MISLEAD AND NAUSEATED

BILLY CORGAN OWES ME

I think you are joking, but if not, you need some serious help.

vbshlofbvgos
07-31-2005, 12:45 PM
nobody forced those people or anyone else to spend an extravagant amount of money just to attend that concert.

Corgan RuIes
07-31-2005, 12:49 PM

oh ok thanks for the clarification

:erm

i wonder if i could get in on a little bit of this action

i fucking flew from HAWAII to chicago and bought tickets at $150 each for the UC show thinking that it was the last chance i could ever have to see SP

I FEEL VIOLATED AND MISLEAD AND NAUSEATED

BILLY CORGAN OWES ME

i also wish we could sue him just for making TFE FUCK YOU!!! You're the kind of person this world could do without. Without Billy, you wouldn't be listening to whatever music you listen to now. LEAVE HIM ALONE! What he needs now is support. I'm sure the judge will laugh at these 'fans'.

Corgan RuIes
07-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
nobody forced those people or anyone else to spend an extravagant amount of money just to attend that concert. Exactly! I agree! Fuck those dumbasses.

SpFission
07-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Thats America for you, blame other people for the decisions that YOU make.

Waa waa ticket prices are too expensive:
Solution: Don't go

Waa waa I don't like his music anymore:
Solution: Don't listen to it.

Waa waa Billy Corgan owes me something!!!
Solution: Go kill yourself.

The End.

No one wants to hear about it.

VIOLENCE
07-31-2005, 02:42 PM

he's had enough support. he's a fucking multi-millionaire because of it. and what do we get in return?

fucking MINA LOY or whatever the song is called? his attitude?? a rash from sleeping in that shitty motel in another city because billy isnt playing in yr hometown and you spent $90 on tickets to his fucking show so you couldnt afford a nice room??

fuck you billy

I'm joining the lawsuit if there is one. seriously it would be awesome.

You're the one that chose to spend the money and travel out of town to see him. He should be sueing you for making retarded comments.

Pantomime
07-31-2005, 02:53 PM

he's had enough support. he's a fucking multi-millionaire because of it. and what do we get in return?

fucking MINA LOY or whatever the song is called? his attitude?? a rash from sleeping in that shitty motel in another city because billy isnt playing in yr hometown and you spent $90 on tickets to his fucking show so you couldnt afford a nice room??

fuck you billy

I'm joining the lawsuit if there is one. seriously it would be awesome.

You're whining worse than Billy.

Justin_c12
07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
those people are so stupid.

JACKFRUITAUTO
07-31-2005, 03:13 PM
wasn't scott peterson from modesto as well? must be something in the water (maybe dead fetus'). i too wish i could sue that asshole for making the future embrace

mourninglight
07-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Not that hot, look:

* McDonalds required their coffee kept at 185 degrees Fahrenheit, plus or minus 5 degrees, significantly higher than other establishments. [Coffee is usually served at 135 to 140 degrees]
* An expert testified that 180 degree liquids will cause full thickness burns in 2 to 7 seconds.
* McDonalds knew before this accident that burn hazards exist with any foods served above 140 degrees.
* McDonalds knew that its coffee would burn drinkers at the temperature they served it.
* McDonalds research showed that customers consumed coffee immediately while driving.
* McDonalds knew of over 700 people burned by its coffee, including many third-degree burns similar to Ms. Liebeck's.
* McDonalds had received previous requests from consumers and safety organizations to lower their coffee temperature.

Evidence showed that McDonalds served their coffee so hot to save money. This let them get away with a cheaper grade of coffee and cut down on the number of free refills they had to give away. McDonalds executives testified that they thought it would be cheaper to pay claims and worker's compensation benefits to people burned by their coffee versus making any of these changes.
hmm... makes me wonder. I work for starbucks & our coffee is brewed @ 200 degrees... now i know its no necessarily that hot when its flowing out of the tap, but I've seen more than one employee get burned from spilage (blisters, nasty stuff) & my worst nightmare is for it to happen to a customer - fuck knows i don't wanna be sued... so i very much understand the lawsuit thing.... i've been burned pretty badly myself - but luckly nothing as severe as the mc'd's woman...

anyways... back to the bickering over a dumbass-possibly-fake-bullshit-lawsuit :rolleyes:

tcm
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
good show, phillp antoine. nicely done.

nitewender
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
No one in this fake lawsuit was bitching about the price when they thought it was the last show. IE. I'd pay a LOT to see a pumpkins last show. I would not pay a fraction as much to see a random TFE show. It's about thinking you purchased an experience that in truth turned out to be false. It's a semi valid suit.

But horse shit none the less.

Whatever, 20k Billy could pay just to tell them to fuck off. Or he could pay Corgan Rules in sexual favors to slap them senseless.

Phoenix Down
07-31-2005, 04:05 PM
he could just hand out free tickets for the first reunion show to everyone who still owns the metro stub from the last show

peace and love

legoman
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
only in america!

death by fence
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
http://www.newsmodesto.com/articles/index.cfm?artOID=307766&webpage=1833&cp=3798

davin
08-01-2005, 02:05 AM
PATHETIC!!!

The "fans" (and I use that word lightly) involved in this lawsuit are just mad they can't brag about being at the last show if SP come back. or maybe their being pissy because they can't make it to future shows... HAHAHAHA

I was at the farewell show, yes I paid more than face-value, and I am glad its not over!!!!!!

jaxx
08-01-2005, 03:46 AM
they sound almost as stupid and arrogant as the dumbfucks who post here such as ********** and co. pretty funny shit.

stealthninja
08-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Netphorians rip Billy to shreds for free, these bastards want to make a profit off it! Pussies.

Q.L.M.
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
ASSHOLES!! are they even fans? its been a good four years. THey should be happy. Even if the pumpkins came back and I did get to see the last two shows I would have never regretted droping cash to see something as epic as the metro performance.

jczeroman
08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SpFission
Thats America for you, blame other people for the decisions that YOU make.

Waa waa ticket prices are too expensive:
Solution: Don't go

Waa waa I don't like his music anymore:
Solution: Don't listen to it.

Waa waa Billy Corgan owes me something!!!
Solution: Go kill yourself.

The End.

No one wants to hear about it.

Winner!

thelork
08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
if they want to sue a musician or artist for announcing its they're last concert, they should sue Cher! She's got tons of money and she is still performing.

death by fence
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
RED ALERT: THIS THREAD IS A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!

but, im sure everyone will ignore that fact (as they already have) and keep making asses of themselves by ripping on the "tr00 fans suing b0lly"

wankers.

sp4ever
08-02-2005, 08:50 AM
haha, i told my dad (he's a lawyer) and he said that the judge will probably not only throw out the case, but will charge the kids for court expenses and fine them for misuse of the courts

BlueStar
08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Threads with these kind of posts make me love netphoria.

spacey raygun
08-03-2005, 12:53 AM
i was at the last pumpkins show and it was the best $0 i ever spent on a concert ticket.

i want my money back b0lly!

spacey raygun
08-03-2005, 12:55 AM
wait a minute...

shouldn't they be suing JAMES?!

NegativeSleep
08-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Pantomime
Hmm, surprised he's never been sued before...

Didn't some gregorian chant scholar or something sue the Pumpkins after partially losing his hearing at a concert he attended with his son?

I remember watching a video about it.

tcm
08-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep
Didn't some gregorian chant scholar or something sue the Pumpkins after partially losing his hearing at a concert he attended with his son.
not to mention Virgin Records, Jonathan Melvoin's family, and the Marked video guy.

NegativeSleep
08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by tcm

not to mention Virgin Records, Jonathan Melvoin's family, and the Marked video guy.

touche.